Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-21, 03:00 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Do I delete the first one or will the new one just overwrite it?
Get rid of the old one & start again.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 03:28 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Does this post mean there are no more "Share the Wealth" trades?
Not at ALL - there's always a monthly "share the wealth" thread- and they use the built-in prefix of "Share The Wealth" because it's obviously appropriate. It was an appropriate prefix to use here as well.

Prefixes are:
Review
Rave
New/Upcoming Release
Hint/Tip
Article Link
Share The Wealth
Off-Topic

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-30-21, 08:52 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Not at ALL - there's always a monthly "share the wealth" thread- and they use the built-in prefix of "Share The Wealth" because it's obviously appropriate. It was an appropriate prefix to use here as well.

Prefixes are:
Review
Rave
New/Upcoming Release
Hint/Tip
Article Link
Share The Wealth
Off-Topic
What are you sharing in terms of dvd.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 09:07 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Get rid of the old one & start again.
Thought so. Thank you, Helen!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 09:45 PM  
Helen

Quote:
What are you sharing in terms of dvd.
• Workouts in a database, including premixes & chapters - with detailed breakdowns & an easy ability to add workouts to your calendar.

• Rotations for workout series that can be added to your workout calendar simply by setting a starting date. ALL of Cathe's monthly rotations, all those that go with her various series, P90x (all varieties), many other BeachBody programmes, JMBR.... there are 458 different Rotations in it.

• The ability to make (or use) a template of criteria, that the software fills the slots for you (of DVD or non-DVD workouts, or exercises) to create your own rotation (or workouts) based on the DVD (or non-DVD workouts) that you own. Two ways to fill the slots - random, or no-stone-unturned. One click & the filled template is loaded into your calendar. There are 54 workout or rotation templates already in it.

• DVDs that use a one-rep-max (eg Cathe XTrain & STS) - there's a one-rep-max database & graphs, and a calculator inbuilt, and the weights you use for 65%, 75%, etc automatically calculated for you.

• The database entries for workouts, exercises, rotations & templates are not locked in as read-only. You can edit/delete them & make your own as well.

There's a lot more than that, that the log does, but they are directly related to DVDs.

Took YEARS to obtain and enter all the rotations & breakdowns - and to write the code behind the log itself. The 'wealth' I'm sharing is the wealth of my knowledge of how to do that coding, and the 'wealth' of the time it took to enter the data & do the coding.

The database has almost 10 THOUSAND entries.

But really, I don't understand why you're asking "What are you sharing in terms of DVD"[?]
There is no rule that 'share the wealth' MUST be about sharing DVD discs, is there?

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-30-21, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Got the new one! Thanks again, Helen!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:29 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I’m asking because I didn’t understand it. I’ve been her for a while and I didn’t see a dvd so I didn’t understand it at all. No need to get upiddy about a question. Is there?

I don’t how it works. And I still don’t. So thank you ����

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:44 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
• Workouts in a database, including premixes & chapters - with detailed breakdowns & an easy ability to add workouts to your calendar.

• Rotations for workout series that can be added to your workout calendar simply by setting a starting date. ALL of Cathe's monthly rotations, all those that go with her various series, P90x (all varieties), many other BeachBody programmes, JMBR.... there are 458 different Rotations in it.

• The ability to make (or use) a template of criteria, that the software fills the slots for you (of DVD or non-DVD workouts, or exercises) to create your own rotation (or workouts) based on the DVD (or non-DVD workouts) that you own. Two ways to fill the slots - random, or no-stone-unturned. One click & the filled template is loaded into your calendar. There are 54 workout or rotation templates already in it.

• DVDs that use a one-rep-max (eg Cathe XTrain & STS) - there's a one-rep-max database & graphs, and a calculator inbuilt, and the weights you use for 65%, 75%, etc automatically calculated for you.

• The database entries for workouts, exercises, rotations & templates are not locked in as read-only. You can edit/delete them & make your own as well.

There's a lot more than that, that the log does, but they are directly related to DVDs.

Took YEARS to obtain and enter all the rotations & breakdowns - and to write the code behind the log itself. The 'wealth' I'm sharing is the wealth of my knowledge of how to do that coding, and the 'wealth' of the time it took to enter the data & do the coding.

The database has almost 10 THOUSAND entries.

But really, I don't understand why you're asking "What are you sharing in terms of DVD"[?]
There is no rule that 'share the wealth' MUST be about sharing DVD discs, is there?
Thank you, Helen, for you kindness, generosity, and thoughtfulness. I appreciate your sharing this wealth of knowledge and work. Your computer skills are impressive!
Old 07-31-21, 07:30 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thank you, Helen, for you kindness, generosity, and thoughtfulness. I appreciate your sharing this wealth of knowledge and work. Your computer skills are impressive!
Thank you Karla! Hope you are able to use it.

P.S. Very much like your signature lines.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-31-21, 08:16 PM  
Helen

Quote:
I’m asking because I didn’t understand it. I’ve been her for a while and I didn’t see a dvd so I didn’t understand it at all. No need to get upiddy about a question. Is there?

I don’t how it works. And I still don’t. So thank you ����
Defensive, more than uppity, but... nevertheless, if you still don't understand it. I'll try.

It's like a piece of software that you might download & install on your computer, but it needs Microsoft Access to run it.**

The database interacts with a calendar/log and automatically calculates many things for you. That's a very basic idea of what it does.

The FaceBook link I gave has many many photos with explanations.

If you STILL don't understand, then it's most likely not something you would use.

** I did make an installable version in 2003 that was offered here, that you didn't need to have Microsoft Access to run - it installed on its own like separate software, which was GREAT, but MS disabled/removed that option.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Tags
share the wealth, spreadsheet, spreadsheets, workout logs