Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-20, 06:09 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

My gray is ugly. My hairdresser told me she’d happily encourage me to go gray if she thought I’d be happy with it. She knows me pretty well.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 06:41 PM  
Twigs

I think Ellen looks fab-u-lous. I have typical Celtic colouring - very dark brunette with milk bottle fair skin and started to go grey in my late 20s, just like my parents. I coloured it for years but finally got fed up with getting my roots done every 4 weeks. The pepe-le-pew look wasn’t very flattering. It took me several months to get my hair to its now natural colour, which is platinum blonde. I haven’t completely embraced the natural look, as I get some highlights done every few months.

I was worried about looking 10 years older but everyone says I look much younger, probably because the dark hair and fair skin was more ageing as I got older. My hair is thick and used to be like straw. It’s in much better condition now. Best of all, my DH loves being married to a blonde.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 06:54 PM  
bubbles76

She's so pretty! I love her hair. I've got a few grays here and there, in the front. Like Alison, I'm low maintenance so have no plans to dye my hair. It will all just have to go white or gray. My hair will look like a fluffy cloud
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
My gray is ugly. My hairdresser told me she’d happily encourage me to go gray if she thought I’d be happy with it. She knows me pretty well.
Ditto. My DH is all grey now and his hair is beautiful. Soft, lovely color and texture. So unlike the wiry coarse mess that I have. I hate him. JK.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:53 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Same here. My stylist has promised to tell me when she thinks I'm ready and to help me make the transition.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:28 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Ditto. My DH is all grey now and his hair is beautiful. Soft, lovely color and texture. So unlike the wiry coarse mess that I have. I hate him. JK.
My mom's grey hair was shiny and silky. I got my dad's goat hair.
Old 01-28-20, 12:06 AM  
lizh

For you folks who are thinking of transitioning, there is a lot of support on Instagram. Look for #silversisters or #embracethegrey #silverhair or similar.

It is so freeing to not be chained to the bottle of dye!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 12:51 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
I got my dad's goat hair.
I had to laugh at this!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 06:44 AM  
donnamp

I'm looking forward to seeing her new hair color in some of her streaming videos - I imagine she films in advance, so the new ones coming up have her with dark hair.

I think she looks great. But, she always did!

I have never colored my hair - I'm blonde, and I imagine when I go grey it will be subtle over time. I don't plan to color my hair when that happens- I'm pretty low maintenance and hate "having" to make hair appointments (or other "upkeep" appointments). It is one reason I decided to let my hair grow out again from its bob - I don't want a hair cut every 6 weeks!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 07:01 AM  
bubbles76

I hope to see a full frontal view. I love the gray and want to see it framing her face too.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, ellen barrett, going gray, gray hair, grey hair, hair