Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-16, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

For workouts that you can split into two 30 minute sessions for upper then lower body, my favorites are Getting Better, Beauty to the Bone and Good 'n Strong. I might add Strong for Life when I get around to trying it, because I really liked the portions of it on My Body of Work.

For quicker workouts you do in succession - i.e., like the Body Electric Shows - my favorites are Perfect 10 and All My Best. I might add Unpluggeds to that when I order in her next two big sales.

I've only just started playing around with Sculpture but that's going to be a definite favorite!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 06:01 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Margaret is having another sale, 30% off! She has sales pretty frequently but this seems to be a lot, I wonder why?

I guess time will tell.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 06:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Margaret is having another sale, 30% off! She has sales pretty frequently but this seems to be a lot, I wonder why?

I guess time will tell.
Pessimistic me, who bought streaming/download options, thinks maybe she is going out of business and streaming won't work. I'm slowly getting them downloaded -- honestly though, it's a pain to get it organized in a way that's easy to see everything the way streaming shows it.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 07:33 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

I guess time will tell.
One possibility is she might be wanting to raise a predetermined amount of dollars in sales, so may just be having multiple sales to reach the target amount. She's healthy and loves what she does, so hopefully she has no plans to retire any time soon.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 09:11 PM  
Sara1000

It's odd she goes from 40% off to 30% off - I kind of wish I'd bought the 3 Unplugged 2000 I don't have but don't want to pay 30% off when I know I just missed the 40% off sale
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 06:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have a hunch July 4th weekend will be a real good one. Based on the pattern since I began stocking up, a holiday seems to generate the best discounts.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 07:06 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I got a couple at her 40% off sale but probably should have picked up a few more. It's not often that she offers 40% off so when she does you have to pounce.

If I get more it would be more Unpluggeds and maybe Sculpture but am still on the fence, I still have to try the Unpluggeds that I just got. Part of me thinks I am set with what I have even though it's tempting to get more with all these sales.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 03:07 PM  
nevertoolate

I got my Unpluggeds. Yay! These should keep me busy for awhile.

I don't understand the sale pattern either, but I'm happy Margaret offers frequent sales. I'm hoping for a good one over July 4th, too. There are a few others I'd like to get. Keep posting your favorites to help me decide...

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 04:23 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
It's odd she goes from 40% off to 30% off
From a marketing/ business perspective I think it's quite clever. If it was always the same discount after a while we'd go meh, another sale, no big deal. But when she goes from 30% to 40% (which she will again) look at how many of us jump at the 40% offer and not take it for granted. 30% off is still a good deal though.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-16, 11:56 AM  
OSusanna

I like short Margaret Richard - 30 minutes or less.

I have all the Unpluggeds. I did the entire 1900 series and really liked it. I have yet to start with the 2000. I've gotten a little off track with my workouts lately. But I will do them! Eventually.

I recently received My body of work - the one that uses segments from her shows that was not Unplugged. This was a nice set of 4 30 minute workouts. I will do this one again.

I liked Beauty to the Bone - it appears to be a 30 minute split.

Perfect 10 is the same setup - 30 minutes per session.

Her long stuff is great also, but these are easy to do short or string together.

I do have the Classics collection but I haven't been able to do each workout more than once. It's too long. I prefer the short weight training with some cardio after.

Have fun!
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body electric, favorite margaret richard, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard sale, margaret richards, unplugged