Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-10, 06:32 PM  
yahoo205

I would love a Peak 10 Barre workout

i don't even know if that's possible, but I would love it.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 08:15 AM  
lorajc

we should all email Michelle, as I believe she has dance in her background....and I know she does believes in Pilates.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 08:35 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I feel the time is right for bringing out barre+cardio workouts. Not thinking of Cardio Barre or Core Fusion's Bootcamp, but something like barre-cardio intervals. Like the upcoming Beyond Barre, although I'm *not* buying a slideboard.

I guess one could do a chapter from a barre DVD, then pause it and jumprope or rebound or treadmill for a while, then go back for more barre, etc. The equivalent of a Firm classic in barre form!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 08:44 AM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I feel the time is right for bringing out barre+cardio workouts. Not thinking of Cardio Barre or Core Fusion's Bootcamp, but something like barre-cardio intervals. Like the upcoming Beyond Barre, although I'm *not* buying a slideboard.

I guess one could do a chapter from a barre DVD, then pause it and jumprope or rebound or treadmill for a while, then go back for more barre, etc. The equivalent of a Firm classic in barre form!
Grace Lazenby has two itread ballet workouts that have alternating five minute cardio on the treadmill with barre work where you shut off the treadmill and pretend the hand rail is the barre. I love them both.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 10:03 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

After seeing those Beyond Barre clips a while ago, I thought I might do what you suggest, Lucky, with kettlebell swings in between. I haven't actually done that yet, but I have had some days with a barre workout followed by 200 kbell swings. If I buy beyond barre I would definitely do it with a kettlebell rather than the slide board, I'm pretty sure.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 11:13 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Cool ideas, Vee and Bee (hee hee)!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 03:10 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I think Michelle can make an excellent barre+cardio workout. She has done some ballet sections in other DVDs.

One good ballet/cardio workout is Aerobarre.
Old 11-06-10, 07:59 PM  
lorajc

I posted a suggestion on her FB wall. Hey, my motto is you'll never know unless you ask and all they can say is no! No harm done!
Old 11-06-10, 11:02 PM  
yahoo205

actually i met a completely barre workout that worked in "intervals", but all barre work. i know physique 57 kind of does this and i love it.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 10:49 AM  
lorajc

ooppss....sorry....but now we've given her different ideas!