Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-24-22, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I did hit the nursery for some herbs, annuals and succulents. I was very good and actually worked in the garden, too! Mostly cleaning and pruning but three plants made it into the ground, too.

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 23
~ Gardening
~ My own stretch
~ 6,669 steps

Summer Breeze, happy to hear you got out for your walk. That was a dramatic weather change but I'll take it!

Donna, I'm also on the fence about booster 2. I decided to just see how I feel when it is offered at work. Booster 1 wiped the floor with me. Hope you get the offer letter today!

Diane, enjoy your run today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all, low key day. Didn't have the energy to resume gardening. But anyway:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 24
~ Ellen Barrett Walk Refresh
~ Jessica Valant Back Pain Relief Exercises
~ 5,960 steps

My new avatar is two stranded bear cubs that my son helped to rescue! The cubs have been climbing around in the trees and calling out. The wildlife rescue Al volunteers for is for raptors only, but my son and his boss have a reputation for successful tree climbing for bird rescues and got called to assess the situation. They decided traps at the base of the tree would be safer for everyone than climbing. Soon the cubs were trapped and have been released to a wildlife sanctuary.

Can you see them in the tree?
Old 05-25-22, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

29 minute outdoor walk
push-ups, planks

I had wanted to add on Pahla B's new weight workout since the walk wasn't really appealing to me (gray and damp). When I went to do it the internet was down so I lost my motivation at that point. I may try for the Pahla workout today.

PAT, well done on the gardening. I do see the bear cubs! What wonderful work your son does.

Waves to all.

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:39 AM  
donnamp

I got a little break this morning as my contractors are not coming until later. I think they will be done today or tomorrow....and then I will not see them again until July when they work on my other bathroom. they have been great, but I'm ready to have some peace and quiet.

Taking advantage of the extra time I did:

Essentrics - Ab Flattening & Waste Shaping w/ Sahra (Day # 4 of the 10 Day Glute & Core challenge)

Body Kind Fitness - Low Impact High Intensity Full Body Fat Burning - this is another of those You Tube workouts that is music only - this one is filmed outdoors and was easy to follow. Hailey, the instructor, seems very nice -she vocal cues the warm-up. This one was from 4/22/22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDxXU4GZnc

Sorry to be brief - just a lot going on!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 02:33 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

So I had a bad sleep night last night, mostly because I was worrying about something. The dog I care for, Angel, is in desperate need of a haircut. My friends asked me if I could cut her hair (I used to help out in a friend’s groom shop when I lived downstate in Westchester). Initially I said yes. But as time went on, I absolutely felt I wasn’t qualified, especially on a dog that is disabled.

I called my friend last night and she didn’t think it was a good idea because of her disability. If she were able-bodied, my friend thought I wouldn’t have a problem. But her disability, coupled with her being very, very spoiled and sometimes difficult, wouldn’t work. Besides, I don’t have the table, the right “restraints” for lack of a better word, and I cannot find my scissors and harnesses. So, I was stressing about telling my friend but he was cool about it.

My husband always reminds me about a motivational speaker and USC professor we used to watch on PBS, Leo Buscaglia, who said, “99% of what you worry about never happens.” I’ve always been a worrier and so wish I wasn’t! Anyway…..

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift program “The Hoedown” - using spin bike as cardio intervals. Lunges, shoulder presses, bicep curls, front delt raises, side delt raises
  • 14 day ab challenge - 25 sec plank hold, 15 v-ups, 20 lower ab lifts
  • Yoga with Lesley - 10 min stretch
  • Afternoon: A Bad Yogi practice, most likely a hip opening one

Donna: Glad you were able to get Jessica’s bundle – everyone on VF has been trying unsuccessfully! The early bird catches the worm as they say! So glad the contractors will be done soon and you’ll have a break before round #2!

Summer Breeze: We were always outside when we lived in San Diego. I distinctly remember a January morning where my husband and I were out running in shorts! I so miss SD!

Pat: OMG – those bear cubs are too adorable! Great picture!!!!

Waves to Pam - hope all is well! Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Not much to brag about. I came home overwhelmed with fatigue and my rest on the couch turned into a marathon nap and thankfully a full night's sleep. I did day 25 of the qigong challenge in the a.m. and managed 3,000 steps for the day.

Diane, that spin workout and the weights sounds tough!! I'm a worrier, too, passed down from a long line of mitochondrial worriers.

Have a great day Summer Breeze and Donna!
Old 05-26-22, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B]Good morning!

Yesterday:

Pahla B's Tone Up & Lose weight
36 minute outdoor walk

I really liked Pahla's weight workout this month. It was set up a little differently. One time through each exercise and no repeats. Compound moves which I like done at a slower pace.

DIANE, that treadlift workout does look tough. I too am from a long line of worriers. I wonder if I tell myself that quote if it will help. I do like it though and it's so true.

PAT, anything is better than nothing

DONNA, the end is near, good news!

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

[B]
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 10:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My bathroom is done!! It looks great and the whole process went smoothly. He is coming back in July to do my hall bath.

This morning I did:

Essentrics - 10 Day Core & Glute Challenge - Live workout from 5/20 w/ Meg. I only had time for the standing and barre. I will try to get the floor work in later along w/ something else if I can later today.

Work is crazier than usual. And I still don't have my offer letter. I'm going to say something tomorrow - a week is long enough to wait.

Summer Breeze - maybe I'll look at Pahla's weight workout....I do miss doing her workouts - but they did cause me a lot of pain - but maybe her weight only workouts may work....

Waves, everyone - sorry for the lack of personals...

And yes, pretty much everything we worry about never happens it is the stuff we don't see coming that gets us!

Donna
Old 05-26-22, 05:15 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there,

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

Today’s workout:
Pushups
Cathe’s Ab Circuits – Yoga based
14 day Ab Challenge – 30 sec plank, 25 v-ups, 25 sit ups (I did lower body ab lifts)
Bad Yogi quick 5 minute stretch
Bike Ride: 10.84 miles while DH ran
Afternoon: Seven minute ab workout that had the most annoying music on the planet. Followed by Bad Yogi’s Low Back Release

Pat: It was a great workout and I love my spin bike. We bought it at the beginning of the pandemic and it has served me well! This program, Treadlift, uses primarily the treadmill but I have to be mindful of not overdoing the running. So I alternate the treadmill with my spin bike, elliptical, and recumbent bike. For someone like me who gets bored easily, this works really well.

Summer Breeze: I try every single day to not worry about anything. But something always pops up and my mind goes racing. Leo’s books are very good (may he rest in peace) – he was funny and his words are very thought provoking. His main message is love – something this world needs more of. Treadlift is like any other workout - you can make it as easy or as hard as you like. I try to stay somewhat in the middle. I want a good sweat and I want to feel worked out when I'm done.

Donna: Yeah on the bathroom being done! And, yes, it’s the things that takes us by surprise that really ramp up the stress! I need to remember that!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day – three day weekend is approaching! Waves to Pam!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:18 PM  
donnamp

I did something I haven't done in a long time - a Pahla B. Workout. I thought I would take a chance and see how it went - I did one that was weights only - it was from 5/23/2022. I enjoyed it. I think it is the one you did, Summer Breeze.

I hope I can go back to doing her workouts some of the time - they are like comfort food to me for some reason.

Maybe I can do her weight workouts... we'll see. If my back starts talkin' to me I'll have to quit her again.

Have a good evening!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga