Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-21-22, 08:06 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, our feet must be having empathy pains lol. On the side of my right foot, just below my little toe, I developed a bunion over the winter that has been getting angry and at times, pretty painful when walking! I'm not quite sure what started it. My PT thought I should consider a podiatrist but I've been working on some things here at home to get it less painful and seems to be helping. Fingers crossed.

We had more rain yesterday and even a little snow. Our dirt roads/paths are too muddy to enjoy walking today so I may pull some weeds from the garden since they should come out easily with the moisture. Once I feel confident our last serious frost is done, I've got some plants to go in. I think today is a good day to do Cathe's Basic Step dvd too.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 10:03 AM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=232838

The June thread is up!

Katie, that stinks about the bunion. Nice to have your PT know what it is though so you can self treat. If I knew for sure mine was tendonitis I would just do that too. We haven't planted flowers in so many years. I would like to do it again but the cost adds up so fast! I'm thinking of clearing out our little garden area, putting down new paper (whatever that black stuff is called) and new mulch and then trying to grow from seeds in pots. I have no idea how growing from seeds would go. We've always just bought plants and put them in the ground! I think some pretty, colorful flowers would be nice to have again. I also am thinking of getting a couple houseplants. We have barely hiked the last few years and I am needing more nature!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

I think I finally realized a big factor in why I don't post often. The computer is a huge time suck and I'm not very disciplined. It should only take 10-15 minutes tops each morning to update my challenges and post in my check ins, but then I get sucked in to playing games or researching stuff. I will try setting a timer and try to stick to it. I miss chatting with people.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-27-22, 08:01 AM  
Vantreesta

(forgot to copy/paste this yesterday) PT this morning, then this afternoon I did Jessica Smith Look Better Naked and Slim in 6 Slim & Limber. I don't remember the last time I did a 54 minute workout!

Old 05-27-22, 09:02 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I'm not a very good gardener but I'm trying to up my game with the greenhouse and it's turning out to be fun and I'm learning a lot. I'm very close to transplanting some tomatoes that I started from seed in the greenhouse into a few garden spots. Did you get some flowers? I did plant a few viola's that I bought from one of our grocery store's garden center. Very pretty! And gardening is good exercise!

I've been getting in lots of exercises, some youtube clips and walking everyday so pretty happy with that. We are very busy with about 30 people coming on Saturday for a big work day/cookout. I've been cleaning, baking and today will get some salads made. Thankfully a friend who will be here is also bringing some desserts and salads too so that takes some pressure off.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 12:13 PM  
Leonana

I did a ten minute Tai Chi yesterday, a beginner video from Tai Flow. I can't really work out still, it makes the pain worse. All movement does, but I still do some things. I can't just sit all day! But it's more painful in the evening, so I try not to do too much. Still working on the right meds with my neurologist DO. It's a long process that takes time to find the right one and right dosage. I'm also going in next week to get antidepressants, which should also help with mental health and pain.

So I don't have much to post, but I enjoy reading all of your updates!
Old 05-27-22, 09:14 PM  
Helen

Confession time - done almost nothing since Mother's Day.
Have typed & deleted a paragraph, x3.

I just need to suck it up and get it done.
May didn't happen.
June MUST.

Start small, just ONE goal - the most important one for several reasons: daily exercise.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 11:47 PM  
Vantreesta

We all have times like that, Helen. You still have the desire and that's a big part of the battle!

Old 05-28-22, 06:22 PM  
Helen

Thanks Vannie - so glad to say you're part of my world.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 06:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Aww, thank you, Helen! That's sweet of you to say. Back atcha, friend!