Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-19, 07:38 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Not a strict rotation but my best legs came after a long period of barre workouts several days a week with meticulous attention to form, with Dream Body and Tonique mixed in. I also had my eating habits really great during that time so my weight was down.

My legs look pretty good now and I've been doing a barre/Barlates with classic Firm workouts going very light on the weights in the Firm workouts, and occasional Dream Body. Working on my eating habits and doing good, but I'm not yet as lean as I was during the original rotation I mentioned.

Over the last few years I definitely discovered that my legs are more shapely doing high rep/light or no weight work over heavy lifting.
Old 08-09-19, 06:32 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Well the standing outer thigh work in Callanetics Evolution actually slimmed my quads so much it was not to my liking, so I avoided those exercises (in favor of the pretzel exercise instead.) If you aren't giing to do the whole dvd, you should probably do the legs section too, to get full coverage.

T-tapp is very slimming to the thighs on me and the Chair workout targeted my inner thigh like nothing I have ever done before.
So yesterday I pulled out Callanetics Evolution and did just the legs and the hips & behind sections. This morning, I can feel every muscle from my knees to my sacrum.

I also realized I hadn't done this workout in 6 years—since I moved when I retired. It used to be a staple of mine. I think it might return to my list of regular workouts.

And Beyond, I ignored all her instructions for the pelvic floor. I remembered your story and remembered hearing Sandra Hannah writing something on her forum about wishing she could go back and edit that stuff out of CE.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 07:44 AM  
Julia

Callanetics slimmed my lower half like nobody’s business and FAST!

The 30 day challange w Lacy is like shrink wrap, I actually cut down on some of the lower body moves to every other day so my upper would catch up.

Your thighs will slim down fast, you get that nice “pulled” look to, it’s a very different type of muscle training.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 05:35 AM  
Tugger31

Julia, those results sound amazing. How long did it take to see results? Did you do anything else to supplement Lacy's workouts and what is your body type? Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 07:47 AM  
pharma_gal

Which Callanetics DVD do you recommend? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 01:07 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Julia, those results sound amazing. How long did it take to see results? Did you do anything else to supplement Lacy's workouts and what is your body type? Thanks!
I was doing Laci Condi 30 day challenge. I started seeing visible results in the middle 2nd week, 2nd phase. I was taking off only 1 Day a week every week. My inner thighs got so small I could fit into pants without the seams splitting down the sides. The results sneak up on you. It’s my go to shrink workout but you need to do it everyday consecutively to get the results. This last time around I was doing heavyish weights for my LB and I can’t remember if I was doing resistance bands or light weights for my upper, I tend to go between the two. I hope this helps. I’m now an hourglass ⏳ , former apple 🍎 . I changed my body type thru working out strategically.
Old 08-11-19, 08:28 PM  
LoriSax

Where do you find this challenge??? I googled it and came up with nothing?
LoriSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 09:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriSax View Post
Where do you find this challenge??? I googled it and came up with nothing?
It's a dvd itself: "30 Days to a more beautiful body". https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Cal...iful-p/748.htm
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 10:11 PM  
Julia

I came back to link but Bee beat me to it. Thanks Bee
Old 08-12-19, 12:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm away for a few more days but am for sure doing the 30 Day Countdown when I get back, and pulling out all my other Callanetics as well. Thanks everyone!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glute rotation, inner thighs, lower body rotation