Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-19, 08:43 PM  
Tugger31

Exclamation Share Your Favorite Thigh/Glute Rotation

I want to concentrate my efforts a bit more on my lower body for the next 3 months. I'm short with thick thighs that could use some muscle firming (not really hypertrophy) and some flab reduction (which I know is mostly diet).

Please share your favorite dvd only rotation that will help me achieve my goals. Thanks!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 10:59 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Well the standing outer thigh work in Callanetics Evolution actually slimmed my quads so much it was not to my liking, so I avoided those exercises (in favor of the pretzel exercise instead.) If you aren't giing to do the whole dvd, you should probably do the legs section too, to get full coverage.

T-tapp is very slimming to the thighs on me and the Chair workout targeted my inner thigh like nothing I have ever done before.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:01 AM  
Hedgehog

Hands down, 2lazy4gym's Sts/glute focused rotation: https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/12/05/sts...used-rotation/
I completed it as written and went on for another 7 months based on her original format.

A few of the changes I made after the initial 3 months;
I can't stand Ultimatum so I sub similar workouts. This meant minimal dread factor and, allowed me to continue to buy new metabolic workouts (because, let's face it....I can't stop) and incorporate it without losing the foundation.
Continuing sts indefinitely wasn't appealing to me so, for some months I sub other split workouts following the same split patter Jen used
I have more recently replaced 2 of the 3 split days with total body days and filled the remaining time with more metabolic workouts. I did this to maintain the strength I built while switching my focus from gaining muscle to fat loss without losing the lower body focus, strength or, the overall pattern of the rotation. Also, because I can hit everything 2x per week in 2 days instead of 3, I was able to drop the sat workout when needed (or switch them to cardio/met). In my case, this was necessary over the summer when we spend every weekend out of state on our boat as a family, when I could add a w/o in on a sat, I made sure it was one that was low equipment as I don't have a weight room available!
In retrospect, Jen talked about adding more barre etc to the rotation. I purchased some barre workouts and took those to the boat for Saturdays allowing me to squeeze them in when I had time and I feel this has helped incorporate even more benefits into the original rotation as Jen suspected would be beneficial.

Ftr, I am a meso hourglass/pear. I build muscle easily and look very bulky with a layer of fat over serious muscle (all 6 of my kids tell me I'm intimidating even though 4 boys are 6'+ and I'm 5' 2") the meso 1 cycle and incorporating more metabolic workouts has helped combat this. My lower body has always been my problem area and while I've accomplished my building goals since Nov '18 with this setup, I'm still working on the layer of fat on my lower body that I would like to shed to show it off. My upper body is cut and defined. I definitely bulked during meso 3 and heavy lifting so I am aware of this during those weeks and that is also why I added more metabolic w/os
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 08:32 AM  
Tugger31

Hedgehog, sounds like we have similar body types. That rotation seems intense! I did read her comment section and how she thought it was possibly over training in retrospect and that she'd add more barre and floor work next time. I printed it out and will look it over when I have more time. I have alot of the workouts already so that helps. I have done STS before and really bulked up with Meso 3 and did not care for the body aesthetic it gave me so I already know I won't do M3. Not sure what I'll sub since I haven't really studied it yet, but I have had success with metabolic workouts in the past for fat loss and changing body composition, but not strength per se. I've got something to keep me busy! Thanks!

Omega, I have heard alot about T-Tapp over the years but have never tried the workouts. They always seemed pricey but I haven't looked into them for awhile so will give them another look. Thanks!
Old 08-04-19, 12:28 PM  
Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Hedgehog, sounds like we have similar body types. That rotation seems intense! I did read her comment section and how she thought it was possibly over training in retrospect and that she'd add more barre and floor work next time. I printed it out and will look it over when I have more time. I have alot of the workouts already so that helps. I have done STS before and really bulked up with Meso 3 and did not care for the body aesthetic it gave me so I already know I won't do M3. Not sure what I'll sub since I haven't really studied it yet, but I have had success with metabolic workouts in the past for fat loss and changing body composition, but not strength per se. I've got something to keep me busy! Thanks!

Omega, I have heard alot about T-Tapp over the years but have never tried the workouts. They always seemed pricey but I haven't looked into them for awhile so will give them another look. Thanks!
Yes, that is definitely a risk. On average I believe the original rotation as written equals about 90min total per day. Replacing the strength 60min with 30-45 min splits and proportionally reducing the cardio/met as well would be fairly easy to do.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 01:15 PM  
Tugger31

I looked over the rotation and from what I can see the general pattern is

S--Yoga/Stretching

M--Upper body split + HiiT cardio

T--Lower body + Hip Thrusts + Abs

W--Metabolic + lower body add on + abs and sometimes + cardio

TH--Upper body split + lower body add on

F--Tabata/Interval cardio/Metabolic + Abs

S--Lower body + shorter total upper body

The 3rd month is a tad different. I have only about 45-60 minutes tops, some days only 30-40 min to workout. I did start adding up the time and the Doubles day are way too time intensive for me and working out twice a day is not an option.

I'll play around with shorter premixes, some Linda Wooldridge or Ballet Beautiful in place of some barre etc and see what I can come up with. I'm going to start this after I finish P90X3 so I still have a few weeks.
Old 08-05-19, 02:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Well the standing outer thigh work in Callanetics Evolution actually slimmed my quads so much it was not to my liking, so I avoided those exercises (in favor of the pretzel exercise instead.)
This is a 'problem' I've never experienced in my life but for sure I'm looking at that DVD now.
Quote:
T-tapp is very slimming to the thighs on me and the Chair workout targeted my inner thigh like nothing I have ever done before.
Another one to consider, thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 05:13 PM  
Tugger31

Yes, I am checking out Callanetics Evolution as well! Is there a particular T-Tapp dvd that is best to get?
Old 08-06-19, 11:09 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

T-tapp has several starter systems based on your starting point: Basic Workout Plus, Total Workout (the first 1 minutes of this is BWO+), More, Senior Fit. More has the Chair workout like. If this is something you are interested in, you could consider getting More 2 (under Variety Workouts) if you feel like More 1 might be too easy. (I like the sequence of the Chair workout on More 2 better than More 1).

The price is definitely a drag. If you wanted to wait until November, they usually do a nice sale for Cybermonday. There is a contest on the main page where if you win, you get 50% off a single dvd, but you may have to keep trying until you win.
Old 08-06-19, 11:31 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is a 'problem' I've never experienced in my life but for sure I'm looking at that DVD now.
Another one to consider, thanks!
I have a tendancy toward overdeveloped quads (especially the outer quad) but the original Callanetics gave me really great legs. This workout also targeted my inner thighs and shrank my quads, but gave me a really nice curve on my outer quads, which is what gets killed off by the standing outer thigh exercise from the Callanetics Evo workout.

Tags
glute rotation, inner thighs, lower body rotation