Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-12, 05:18 PM  
ckfromca

Sufferfest with DH

Had a great workout last night. Me on the spin bike, DH on trainer working out to Sufferfest "Revolver". If you like cycling workouts, you might want to check these out. The time just flies by, especially working out with a buddy. I plan to buy more of these and wondered if anyone else has used them. You can find them on their website: http://www.thesufferfest.com/

Cher
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 06:20 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
Had a great workout last night. Me on the spin bike, DH on trainer working out to Sufferfest "Revolver". If you like cycling workouts, you might want to check these out. The time just flies by, especially working out with a buddy. I plan to buy more of these and wondered if anyone else has used them. You can find them on their website: http://www.thesufferfest.com/

Cher
I have been on the fence for months! I want to buy the whole kit & kaboodle and I haven't even done one yet! The clips look AWESOME!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 06:40 PM  
ckfromca

Do it! Buy one to see if you like them. They are affordable and really a great workout. You will be dripping with sweat when you are done. I think I'm going to purchase "Local Hero" next.
Old 02-01-12, 07:35 PM  
adrien_73

How do you use them? I have never been able to burn video to dvd and have the video and sound be in synch.

Do you stream to your TV? I know it can be done but I don't know how...I'm technologically impaired!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 07:53 PM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I have downloaded two or three and really like them. Way more fun than Spinervals for me! Also easier to understand as you are prompted on an exertion level between 1 and 10, whereas Spinervals had really technical instructions about your gearing. I like the music, the on-screen prompts, and watching real cyclists!

I downloaded them on to the computer in our living room, which is hooked up to our TV. That's where I use the trainer so it works out. I haven't tried buring them to a dvd.

I have a Sufferfest workout on tap for tomorrow or Friday.

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 08:32 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Hmm, I was expecting either you trying to get your husband to clean out the garage or paint or something. Or a really bad outdoor trip.

Or just many many many years of marriage, LOL.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 10:17 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ha. I'm not at all familiar with Sufferfest. The title of your thread made me think you were suffering through something because of your DH
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 10:12 AM  
ckfromca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Hmm, I was expecting either you trying to get your husband to clean out the garage or paint or something. Or a really bad outdoor trip.

Or just many many many years of marriage, LOL.
Too funny! Yeah, you gotta love the titles.

I downloaded the workouts to my iPad, then I watch them via Apple TV. I agree that the music is awesome and it is nice to not have someone talking through the workout. The instructions are on the screen and you are prompted by "alert" sounds when you need to make a change.
Old 02-02-12, 02:16 PM  
berry99

Cher - I read your post and almost feel over. This is the EXACT workout that DH and I have planned tonight. Sufferfest Revolver, me on spin bike, him on trainer . Great minds think alike .
Old 02-02-12, 02:27 PM  
ckfromca

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry99 View Post
Cher - I read your post and almost feel over. This is the EXACT workout that DH and I have planned tonight. Sufferfest Revolver, me on spin bike, him on trainer . Great minds think alike .
That is amazing! Let me know what is next on your schedule so I'm prepared!