Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-22, 12:43 PM  
donnamp

I like your plan, Lori of "sunshine" workouts - I was thinking about CS and some Gilad, Caribbean workout, etc. just for some sunshine....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 01:11 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I was going to say Boho Beautiful YT vidoes, but they are probably not going to work for you because of your knee. She does film in some beautiful outdoor locations.

Did Yoga Booty Ballet film outside? trying to remember............

They filmed some of the later Karen Voight stretch workouts outside, as were some Jane Adams Yoga. A lot of Jane Adams Yoga is gentle IIRC.

Yoga in the Garden of Serenity with Kathleen Anderson (100% sitting and gentle) was filmed outside in a pretty garden. I believe it is on YT.

Fitness Fix with Denise Beatty.

Leslie
Yeah, I like the Boho Beautiful YT channel vibe but alas can't do much of it.

I don't think YBB was outside but my mind is clearly not what it used to be!

I guess it's just the Jessica's, some Gilad's, and CS/Ess for my sunshine/tropical fix (same as last year). Perhaps a few of Jenny Ford's Walk Across America set that have some sunny locations, but there aren't many there that don't aggravate my knee.

Donna -- what Caribbean workout are you referring to? Jog my memory here...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 01:28 PM  
bubbles76

• Margaret Richard's Unplugged series is outside in some very serene locations. A couple of her other workouts are outdoors as well -- Fitness Becomes You, The Spark, Triple Threat, High Voltage, and Good N Strong if I remember correctly.
  • If you still do barre, Tendu Training Volume 3 is outdoors.
  • Wendy Ida's Fountain of You dvd is outdoors.
  • Mel B's Totally Fit
  • Frankie Essex Weight Loss Workouts
  • Caroline Pearce - 3 dvds are outdoors - Total Cardio Burn, Total Body Blitz, Total Body Burn
  • The Elle Make Better Workout - Elle Beauty Sculpt, Elle Cardio Body, and the Ell Workout Yoga

Also, Gaiam and Acacia tv had some outdoor workouts. I can't think of the names right now, but I know Patricia Moreno did some kickboxing, Debbie Rocker did walking workouts, Canyon Ranch Strong and Sculpted and some others I can't recall right now.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 02:25 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
[LIST]
[*] Frankie Essex Weight Loss Workouts
[*]Caroline Pearce - 3 dvds are outdoors - Total Cardio Burn, Total Body Blitz, Total Body Burn
I do have these but gosh I'll have to get creative with modifications. At least they're sunny locations though!
Old 01-28-22, 02:55 PM  
Lorelai

Ellen's self workouts (bikini ready and slim and sleek) are filmed outside as are most of the Element series if I remember right... Yoga, pilates and Barre. Are Tracey Mallett's Fuse Dance workouts filmed outside? Or renew you maybe?

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 03:51 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Ellen's self workouts (bikini ready and slim and sleek) are filmed outside as are most of the Element series if I remember right... Yoga, pilates and Barre. Are Tracey Mallett's Fuse Dance workouts filmed outside? Or renew you maybe?
I have both Ellen's stashed somewhere, I need to find them!

I'm really just looking for beachy/sunny/tropical instead of just the general filmed outside workouts. It hasn't been above 5 degrees where I live at all today, so just looking to escape... With the Jessica's that I have, the Gilad's that I have, my Essentrics subscription, and the ones that I need to go find in my collection, I'll string together something.

Thanks all!
Old 01-28-22, 06:54 PM  
Mickey12

Lori,

To add to or clarify what has already been suggested, I offer the following:

Self Slim and Sleek Fast with Ellen Barrett
Self Firm Flat Abs Fast with Violet Zaki - both of these are filmed on the beach, full sunny day.

Caribbean Workouts are with Shelly McDonald. They are filmed in Barbados, I think. Anyway, gorgeous scenery or in front of the ocean. She does a variety of workout styles - hi/lo, weights, pilates. I especially like these for cold dreary days.

Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners is filmed on the sand in front of the ocean with sun.

Jenny Craig's Let's Walk it Off - Kim Lyons, these are filmed outside, sunny, nice scenery

Gaiam walking workouts with Debbie Rocker - these are filmed in the mountains with full sun. I have three of them - AM and PM Walking; Walk, Sculpt and Tone; and Walking for Weight Loss.

Gaiam Get Moving Walking for Weight Loss with Madeline Lewis- this one has a nice, outdoor setting that is very pleasant.

Your Personal Best workout with Karen Voight and Elle Macpherson has great tropical scenery - may have been filmed in Hawaii? But it's only on VHS.

I know of 3 Gaiam workouts filmed in sun outside. They are Cardio Cross Train Collection with Patricia Moreno with a dance, kickbox and cardio burn sculpt workouts; and I have two with Tanja Djelevic that are balance ball workouts. These are beautiful mountain scenery with full sun.

Then the Canyon Ranch Strong and Sculpted that someone mentioned which is sunny, and those Eccentrics workouts have seriously gorgeous scenery.

I found these in my collection too: an Acacia production, 3-in-1 Total Body Fitness with Desi Bartlet which is filmed on the beach
and
Beach Babe by Tone It Up with Karena and Katrina, it's a 2 disc set with 7 workouts filmed in Hawaii.

Also, maybe try a search here. I seem to remember a thread in the past about workouts filmed in sunny settings.

Hopefully you have some of these and can incorporate them into your February rotation.
Old 01-29-22, 09:14 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm putting together my traditional February "sunshine" rotation and was hoping to get this set by then. Every year in February I do only workouts that have some sunshine in them to help get through these long, freezing, snowy, grey days. Then it'll be back to my normal Cathe Live workouts in March.

(Side note: If anyone has some "sunshine" workout ideas, let me know.)
A February sunshine rotation sounds lovely! I was going to suggest some of the Element (pilates, barre, belly dance) and SELF workouts, too. Denise Austin has some sunny, outdoor workouts. Brazil Butt Lift is not entirely outdoors, but I think it would be another good option. I forgot about Tamilee's stretch DVD (great suggestion, Kim!).

Here are several YouTube options (some beachy/sunny/tropical options, but also some sunny outdoors):

Blogilates
Blogilates: Hot Body Express DVD PLAYLIST
Blogilates: 30 Min. Head to Toe Tone (with weights) - Hot Girl Summer Sculpt
Blogilates Beach Series

Denise Austin YouTube channel
Denise Austin: 10 Min. Beachy Ab Slimmer Workout

Get Fit With Rick
Get Fit With Rick: No Commentary Walking Workouts PLAYLIST (most are outdoors)

Get Healthy U TV with Chris Freytag: Full Length At Home Workouts PLAYLIST

Improved Health - She has a lot of videos with a "beach" background. It may be a bit of a stretch, but it did give me that "sunshine in winter" vibe.

Joanna Soh
Joanna Soh: 5 Min. Morning Stretches to Power Your Day
Joanna Soh: Overweight Beginner Low Impact Home Workout 19 Min.
Joanna Soh: 30 Min. Strong Core Slim Waist Ballet-Inspired Exercises

Katie Austin YouTube channel
Katie Austin: Low Impact Cardio 8 Min. with Denise Austin
Katie Austin: Full Body Tone with no weights! 8 Min. with Denise Austin

Mirabai Holland
Mirabai Holland: Easy Beginner Workout 5 Min.
Mirabai Holland: Easy Strength Band Workout 8 Min.

Pamela Reif
Pamela Reif: 15 Min Boxing Cardio - Aerobic Style: dancy, cool, & rhythmic - Medium Intensity

Reps to the Rhythm (Keoni Tamayo)
Reps to the Rhythm: Outdoors PLAYLIST

Silver&Fit Program - Many workouts are set outdoors (in nature, by a pool, and in sunny indoor rooms where you can see outdoors).
Silver&Fit Program: Take It Outdoors PLAYLIST

SweatyBetty
SweatyBetty: #SBOutOfOffice with Kim Hartwell PLAYLIST
SweatyBetty: 20 Min. Dance Cardio Workout with @andreasaty

We Keep Moving (Zumba Gold)

Here are a few short beach/outdoor workouts:

LiveFitAnywhere: Pilates Back Mobility - Easy Pilates for Beginners 12 Min.

LiveFitAnywhere: Pilates for Beginners - 10 Min. easy workout for home or outdoor

POPSUGAR Fitness: 10 Min. Summer Sweat and Sculpted Abs Workout

Yoqi Yoga and Qigong: Daily Qigong Routine 17 Min.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 02:50 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Wow, thanks for the list!
Old 01-29-22, 06:17 PM  
suzanne63

Hi
Has anyone heard anything when she will have these out yet? I am really looking forward to these.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, outdoor workouts, strong + centered, strong+centered series, sunny workouts