Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-19, 05:21 AM  
Tugger31

Can you tell me a little more about Flagstaff winters as far as temps, snowfall, how long the snow hangs around and how long does "winter" last. Thanks.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 07:40 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
What town are you closest to?
I'm closest to Florence. That's where I get my mail. It's about 40 miles southeast of Phoenix.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 07:42 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
my son is attending college in Flagstaff, and it's a place i would consider living. my good friend who is also from Hawaii is considering moving to Flagstaff - her kids live on the mainland.
Yes, the country around Flagstaff is spectacular. I spend 6 weeks there every summer, and I revel in the gorgeous scenery and the cooler weather.

To someone down thread--they had snow in late May this last spring. That was a little unusual but not unheard of.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 07:44 AM  
marki64

I just had to chime in and say that when I lived in Phoenix we would visit Flagstaff in late summer early Fall to get a taste of the midwest. Its beautiful there and not far from Cave Creek (where we lived). I did find it very busy in town, and probably more college kids around? But it was frustrating trying to get anywhere quickly. There is a lot of snow in the winter, but a different winter feel than Wisconsin.

Yes, I hate Wisconsin winters, but I love living in Wisconsin. I am a midwest girl. Our economy is pretty good here, due to our previous governor, imo, probably not anymore with our current one, but I live in the burbs and I am genuinely happy here. I don't worry too much about natural disasters as I would in some warmer climates. Every state has its issues, but it could be worse than it is.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 07:49 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I live in SW Ohio. Our winters are all over the place - can be mild one day and brutal the next.

Not looking forward to winter and driving in the snow. It used to not bother me but I had a couple experiences last winter that left me a little rattled. No accidents, just sliding a lot and not feeling like I was in control of my vehicle.

My husband and I have talked about how we'd like to be snowbirds someday but we always have so many pets I feel it would be impossible. Also, we have a colony of feral cats we trap, neuter and release that I now feel responsible for feeding. Some have decided to take up residence in our backyard.

I came home from an outing last weekend to find DH had purchased a large deck box (the kind you put cushions in) and had cut an opening in the front for the cats to slip through. It has a cozy heated house inside and the food bowls fit nicely and aren't out in the weather. Love that man!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 07:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Alison and I live in the same region. I live in the Raleigh area. Due to health issues and just lifestyle choices, we prefer cities, but we moved here from DC, so it doesn't seem big to us. There is a lot of open space in the country surrounding this area.

We're 2.5 hours to the ocean and 3 hours to the mountains. Summer is hot and humid. Fall is short but nice. Spring is spectacular. It can get cold in the winter - for a day or two or three and then it warms back up.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 08:35 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Can’t help. I’m on Minneapolis.
I can't help either. I am 45 miles north of Minneapolis.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 09:34 AM  
Gams

Jackie - what town are you in?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 11:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I hope someone will chime in about New Mexico. I love the part of Connecticut that I live in, but fear that it won't be feasible to stay here after retiring because of our taxes and cost of living. I've been considering a relocation to Santa Fe or around there. I would miss the beaches and living on the coast terribly though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 11:41 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Can you tell me a little more about Flagstaff winters as far as temps, snowfall, how long the snow hangs around and how long does "winter" last. Thanks.
I remember winter in Flagstaff was similar in many ways to winter in Illinois, only with lots more sun and less overcast/cloudy days so snowfalls would melt more and it was much less dreary. Summers were also similar to Illinois only with much less humidity and it would cool off at night.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, retirement, retirement locations, where do you live