Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-12, 02:08 PM  
upperwside

You want amazing strong defined arms.. then you have to get Body Beast. It only has 2 lower body workouts... but all the others are upper body splits and a cardio one (you can do it when you are better). These are heavy lifting.. simple, hard and fun. Most of the owrk is done on a bench or standing... so no up or down moves like in Cathe's tri sets.. she uses the ball a lot in that and can hurt your injury that way.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 04:54 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Okay, lots of great suggestions to choose from. I'm amazed at how many body movements seem to include hip flexor motion. It just occurred to me that I Want That Body Arms part 2 is done seated as well.

I build muscle easily so historically both heavy weights and also low weight/high reps have been effective for me.

I think I'm going to stick with seated workouts for the first couple of weeks and then move on to some of the other suggestions.
Old 09-10-12, 09:51 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Okay, lots of great suggestions to choose from. I'm amazed at how many body movements seem to include hip flexor motion. It just occurred to me that I Want That Body Arms part 2 is done seated as well.

I build muscle easily so historically both heavy weights and also low weight/high reps have been effective for me.

I think I'm going to stick with seated workouts for the first couple of weeks and then move on to some of the other suggestions.
So true. You don't really realize it until it's injured. Even standing upper body work with weights can aggravate it.

I adore concentration curls. It's one of the best exercises for your biceps.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 01:20 PM  
Inchworm

Was wondering... is it possible to only get the Cathe CTX workouts for upper body without having to buy the entire series???

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 03:12 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is a nice high-rep 10ming segment featuring Andrea Orbeck (of the Supermodel Workout): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPJn...feature=fvwrel
This looks good, although I wish it was more than triceps and a million biceps
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 11:00 PM  
Inchworm

Actually found my vhs copy of CTX Upper body and a copy that was made of it onto dvd. So, I could maybe get the CTX Upper body workout in by maybe breaking it up into chest/back and maybe shoulders one day and the bis/tri's the other. Now, I really don't want to have to deal with pulling weights off of a bar again, so can I still get a great workout with this one with just dumbells and step?

Or, is there anything else that you could compare with that workout?

Thanks,

Kelly

JoniO.... I actually did that Andrea Orabreck arm workout one time and it was so funny because I guess I had been so used to bodyweight upper body work, I hadn't done isolation exercises for arms in so long that even 3 days after that workout, my bi's were still sore!
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 08:56 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
It just occurred to me that I Want That Body Arms part 2 is done seated as well.
But there are tricep dips and one-armed tricep pushups in that one. Part 1 is done standing, though, and it's all weights, so it might be a better option right now. Actually, those exercises could be done seated, even though Tamilee is standing up.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 10:10 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Actually found my vhs copy of CTX Upper body and a copy that was made of it onto dvd. So, I could maybe get the CTX Upper body workout in by maybe breaking it up into chest/back and maybe shoulders one day and the bis/tri's the other. Now, I really don't want to have to deal with pulling weights off of a bar again, so can I still get a great workout with this one with just dumbells and step?
I don't have a barbell so dumbbells work fine for this.
Old 02-28-13, 12:00 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

You might be able to get CTX Upper Body Split on VHS or you can download it (not chaptered or pre-mixed) at http://www.cathedownloads.com/cross-...er-body-split/
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 07:26 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post

Or, is there anything else that you could compare with that workout?
You can certainly use dumbbells! I wouldn't hesitate - and it will still be effective. A workout with similar exercises to CTX UB is Cory Everson's Get Hard Arms & Shoulders. You can sub dumbbells on it, too.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arm definition, arms, chair dumbbell workouts, chair workouts, seated workouts, terri walsh