Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-12, 12:41 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
So the cathe thread got me wondering, which strength training DVDs do you think are most balanced or how do you make sure your training is balanced throughout the week with exercise DVDs? It seems like most workouts overkill the shoulders. This has me questioning my new obsession, horizontal conditioning as it has a lot of pushups in it.
What I do when developing my rotation with the DVD's that I have is making sure I work all body parts during the week. If I feel a body part was neglected I add on an extra 3-4 sets on the most well rounded exercises for the body part. I change my schedule breakdowns often, but it goes like

Upper/Lower/Cardio
Total Body High Intensity /Cardio
One Body Part per day Splits/Cardio
Supersets/Trisets Splits/Cardio

If the total body workouts are not heavy load lifting (weights/sets/repetitions), like AWT workouts I may do it consecutive days but something like a high/medium intensity split. If the weight training is on the metabolic side there is no need for me to add too much cardio.

I schedule an extra workout for any body part that I want to improve making sure that I didn't worked the body part the day before. I try to get core/abs in 3 days a week too.

I had followed system rotations to the T, but add on whatever I feel need extra work.

When I was going to the gym regularly, I always followed gym style paper routines.

it's complicated I know

Tags
strength training, weight lifting, weight training, weights