Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-11, 07:46 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

KCM's olympic lifting can be done with only dumbbells (Lauren shows the modification). Also her Split Sessions can be done with one set of dumbbells - or you can have another pair in case you need to lighten up.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 08:36 PM  
Cammie-Cam

Curious to see what folks have to say in this thread. I'm also loving kettlebells at this time because my knees as of late haven't been receptive to high impact, but with my bells I get an awesome work out in 20-30 minutes. I also love Ilaria and am currently doing a Skogg rotation, doing Katami and Ilaria on my non kettlebell days. (Atletica is my special Friday morning treat, I save it for the end of the week, that's how much I love it!) I do have some Cathe workouts (the sash series, Hardcore Series, etc.) but pulling out all that equipment made me wanna scream, especially at 5 in the morning.

I agree with the Katami suggestion. I did Drills this morning and loved it though I did wish it was longer. I also have Kombos but have only previewed that one. I also have 4x4 and don't even notice the music either because I'm working so hard. I'd also recommend that one as well.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 08:39 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Have you done her program? I'm curious why there are so few swings in it, as well as isolation exercises like tricep presses.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 08:42 PM  
gmac

Currently mine is kettlebells. did the mb45 essentials for 6 weeks and now doing RKS. Previously it was boxing drills to Bas Rutten workout on a heavybag and jump ropes.
With 3 kids 16,7,3 I have to find workouts where I can get a lot done in a short amount of time, plus they are great for blowing of stress
Old 10-03-11, 10:32 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Have you done her program? I'm curious why there are so few swings in it, as well as isolation exercises like tricep presses.
Sue, I haven't done Lorna's program. I got her book a couple years ago but ended up joining a kettlebell studio soon after and put the book aside. You're right, though. I practice with RKC trainer Delaine Ross, who never does tricep presses but does do lots of swing variations. Lorna's approach is different.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:22 AM  
Kyra

Do you have AoS Providence and/or Newport? Either can be done with one, or at most two kettlebells, depending on the rep range you want to hit.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 07:11 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Sue, I haven't done Lorna's program. I got her book a couple years ago but ended up joining a kettlebell studio soon after and put the book aside. You're right, though. I practice with RKC trainer Delaine Ross, who never does tricep presses but does do lots of swing variations. Lorna's approach is different.
Thanks! I decided it's not for me.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 09:37 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
Do you have AoS Providence and/or Newport? Either can be done with one, or at most two kettlebells, depending on the rep range you want to hit.
Both are great recommendations. AOS Firepower and Empire II are nice, too. And Lauren Brooks, of course.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 10:11 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
Cathe Muscle Endurance.
Ditto. This is a goodie.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 10:13 AM  
gigi

KCM's Split...you just need DB's and a step and can do it without the step really. At one point you will need a chair to sit on if you do it without the step. It had one 30 min. upper body workout. One 30 min. lower body workout. A total body premix. A bonus burn segment (oh, I forgot, Kelly uses a band, but it really adds to the program). Very basic, to the point, upper and lower body routines.

Tags
minimal equipment, strength training, weight training