Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-22, 05:20 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes normal one! nice.

Cheryl, seconding the congratulations on getting your house. How great that you found the right place and now can really settle in. So impressed you are doing so well with the Heather challenge while house hunting. And lol on the dueling New Year's resolutions. I am trying to go with the positive ones and will be off to get some outdoor light though I have been getting the pm light. Trying to get some of the nice weather before we actually get some snow (first of the year) on Saturday.

Linda, I am a bit shocked that a job would be so focused on nails.

Diana, hope you are feeling better.

Ditto for Cynthia. Hope your Covid test is negative.

Sorry if my responses are out of order. I feel like my last post got posted out of order, but maybe I am just out of sync.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 06:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl That's wonderful new about your new house! Congrats! LOL on Reese and Ina.

Cynthia I hope the covid test is negative. Which test are you getting, rapid or the longer one?

Lynn Are you wanting snow? There might be snow upstate/mountain area of SC.

Check-In: JS Cardio Core Walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 08:51 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cheryl, Congratulations on getting the house you wanted. I stay up late and stay in bed in the morning playing Match Triple 3D. I'm on level 3731. I play too much.

Cynthia, you just haven't met the right man yet. Watch out because they always show up when you aren't looking.

Lynn, yay for a normal barre3. I'm expecting somewhere between 10" and 20" but they can't really predict this early. When I went to that company as a temp the VP was out of town. I was told I could stay until he came back to see if he approves of my look. Oh gag me! I passed.

Diana, I'm glad you didn't get bad side effects. I was coughing and my nose was running so I counted back days. Sheesh! There's a storm coming and I always react to a changing barometer.

Cheryl and Lynn, I'll join you with the weak shoulder. I rehabbed it twice last year for 4 months each time. I suppose I'm being set back again but I can't think about strength work until I can eat normally for me again.

I was busy all day but didn't accomplish much. I cooked a pound of penne pasta. That will last awhile. My neighbor got 20 pounds of potatoes at Costco and left them at my door. What a sweetheart!

If I can have rice, can I have rice cakes? They're soft, sort of.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 12:12 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, the covid test I'm getting tomorrow is the rapid one. As it happens, I got the longer one today. It was DD's day off (she gets 2 days off per week, but they are not always the same days) and she wanted to get a test today. The longer one was available today, different location, so we both did that. Since I already signed up for the rapid one, I'll do that tomorrow anyway.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 08:03 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Today I will be cleaning the house. Not sure about a formal workout.

Cynthia I know a lot of people with covid right now. I have heard reports that everyone will get this new variant.

Linda I would think you could eat the rice cakes. But I don't know.

Steps from yesterday: 8,954

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-14-22, 08:38 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's new Booty Builder: Lower Body Strength. Not too bad except for a couple of moves. There is one where she holds a ten-pound dumbbell straight above her head, on her knees, gets up to standing and thrusts the same knee up. All on one side for one round, and then switch. First of all, I'm just too uncertain with the shoulders to hold a weight up straight like that, moving from kneeling to standing. And second, it's hard! I hold it at my chest instead for stability. Second round, I reduced my weight as mine is over 11 lbs at 5 kg. Much better at about 8 lbs.

Cynthia, let us know the results! At least if it is Covid, the variant is not too bad. I know so many people that have had it, like a cold in symptoms. A scientist I watch on YT was sharing data that of 56,000 people in the Netherlands that were hospitalized at all while having Omicron, only 2 were put on vents and only 1 died. So it's definitely mellowing out.

Linda, can you put any seasonings or anything on your pasta or potatoes?

Lynn, I do think walking in sunlight is important too!

Diana, do you like it when it snows?
Old 01-14-22, 12:29 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Good luck for a positive test Cynthia.

Diana, I think if I drink a lot of water while I eat the rice cakes they should be ok.

Cheryl, I can have marinara sauce on the pasta. I use store bought spaghetti sauce and add onion and garlic powder and Italian Seasoning. I make mashed potatoes with fat free milk, salt and pepper. I can't have butter or gravy because of the chronic pancreatitis. Fat is my enemy.

Hi Lynn.

So far we're expecting 12" of snow on Sunday/Monday. It's too early to predict so we'll wait and see.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 05:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Decided to wait for the lab result from the test I took yesterday. Today, the instant result test line was a block long, and then they ran out of kits (I learned when I checked back later).

Check-in: keeping it gentle. 10 MS Pilates on the Ball, flexibility chapter.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 09:42 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia How long will it take to get the regular test results?

Linda Stay inside with all that snow. You don't need to slip on the ice.

Cheryl I'm not a cold weather person. But if I wanted to stay in and do nothing, the snow wouldn't be bad. Do you have the booster there?

Lynn Are you suppose to get snow?

Check-In: No formal workout to report, I cleaned the house

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-15-22, 08:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 10,001

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana