Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-22, 08:06 AM  
seabliss

I have been trying to post for two days, but I was getting an error message, so better late than never!

Yesterday I did Heather Robertson's Shoulders, Chest, and Triceps Superset Workout. This was a tough one. Today I did Tabata Legs and Abs, which was actually not bad. Go figure.

Diana, hoping you feel better soon. Take it easy and rest.

Linda, your man is amazing. It just bears repeating!

Lynn, that is so sweet and funny about your DS. I see my DD revert sometimes, but she is much closer at 12! Many of the homes in Portugal are not nice. They were built during the dictatorship, or they are of a style that I really don't like, small and low, with lots of tile and darkness. I love French and Italian homes much more. But there are some beautiful places too. They are just not usually for rent (at least in my price range, haha).

Cynthia, you are making me want to have a spa week!
Old 01-12-22, 10:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I went to bed early and slept in. Still feeling a bit fatigued and a sore arm but that's it.

Steps from yesterday: 12,488

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 12:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, I hope you feel better.

Lynn, in the early 1990's I was a receptionist at a firm that put entirely too much emphasis on looks. The office manager gave me a bottle of Delore Nails Nail Oil and Nail Polish Dryer for my thin soft weak nails. I've been hooked on oil ever since. The right oil can perform miracles.

Cheryl, I know my man is amazing. I'm thankful to have him in my life. Neither one of us was looking for a long term relationship. It just happened. Some of the houses there don't sound enticing. Most of my sun is blocked by the Blue Ridge Mountains. Its always dark and dreary in my house except for the few hours that the sun hits the kitchen. Even radio stations from DC are blocked by the mountain. I'd like more light but since that's my only complaint I'll stay.

Cynthia, enjoy your soft roller. You'll notice the difference immediately.

We finally got above freezing today. I let Meow Meow spend a few minutes on the porch. I might use the stationary bike today. Not feeling very energetic. I need to make mashed potatoes and pudding before I get too tired.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 01:12 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 strength workout. This was shoulder heavy, which bothered me until I realized that it had a lot of single shoulder raises and made me realize my left shoulder was a lot weaker than I would have though (previously dominant, but not so after the frozen shoulder) so it is probably good to be so shoulder heavy.

Cynthia, great buy! Hope this works better for you than your current roller.

Diana, sounds like you need some rest. A lot of folks do feel fatigue after the booster. Still very good to do with Omicron going around. My mom is doing great, fully up and about and recovered after getting Omicron, having been boosted, so it really worked for her. Given her age (93) and health situation (lung and heart issues, just recently released from hospice care) I doubt she would have done well at all contracting Covid without being vaccinated and boosted.

Linda, gotta try jojoba oil mixed with vitamin E. Sounds great. Your guy is such a gem. You seem to have hit the jackpot 2X with men. Got the magic touch. Maybe it's the nails?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 01:29 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Lynn, I deduct points from the first one for the way his daughters treated me. He should've said or done something. Otherwise he was great. It's a shame we rarely forget mean things that people say or do. For this one we're not married but the son, daughter, nephews, brother and sister treat me like a human being. The son calls me mom. I know I'm very lucky to have him.

Making mashed potatoes. I eat 5 pounds of potatoes a week

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Checking in with a brief outdoor walk. The day wasn't nearly as nice as it looked. Too cold. Flexibility chapter of Suzanne Bowen's 10 MS Pilates. And a spa treatment, pedicure with instant-dry red nail polish.

Linda, so glad you have those blessings in your life. For me, "bad relationship" is a redundancy. Maybe I just have a bad personaility.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:17 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I felt good today so hopefully I'm in the clear with side effects.

Linda Your Sweetheart has been a blessing.

Check-In: KCM's Your Best Body Workout 1

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-13-22, 10:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,908

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-13-22, 03:52 PM  
seabliss

Well, yesterday I got more than 16k steps. We walked over to our New Place(!) and back again, plus other walking. In one night, we got a confirmation that the place we liked, which looks like a French townhouse with tall ceilings, windows from floor to ceiling with wood shutters that open in, stone structure, just beautiful, would be getting central heating plus some other heating improvements (more insulation, etc.), and an ultimatum that we had to decide that night because another couple wanted the place. The owner (who lives in Ireland) likes us the best. So long story short, we are taking that place. It has a good room for us to use for our recording studio. We move in in a month. DH will be going back to set up our shipment of our piano, studio, etc. It's in a wonderful part of town. We are so happy and relieved. Long search over.

Today I did Heather's Unliateral Upper Body: Back and Biceps. This one was a relief this week. Like a normal workout, haha.

I have to share this, because I thought it was hilarious and life-giving. I follow Reese Witherspoon on Instagram. She, being as perfection-driven as she is, posted that she was trying to start these new habits based on a book she was reading about how daily habits can improve us or make us worse:
1. Start the day with a big glass of water.
2. Get 10 mins of outdoor light. @Hubermanlab recommends morning light.
3. Spend 30 - 60 mins reading without distraction everyday.
4. In bed by 10pm. *no late night TV binges. Try to get 8 hours of rest!

All these other people were posting their virtuous habit goals. Then Ina Garten, the chef (Barefoot Contessa), posted this response:

That sounds great but I’m probably not doing any of those things! LOL!! My formula is easier to follow:
1. Drink more large cosmos
2. Stay up late watching addictive streaming series,
3. Stay in bed in the morning playing Sudoku instead of reading a good book.
4. Spend more time (safely) with people you love. In a pandemic, I do what I can!"

Cynthia, I your personality.

Linda, it's wonderful when things that shook our world in the past are healed with new experiences.

Lynn, the exercises we grumble against are definitely the ones that show us our weaknesses, I'm seeing. I also can see that my shoulder range is not full by any means. But it's good to see that it's getting better!

Diana, so glad you are feeling better at last!
Old 01-13-22, 04:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Cheryl, and CONGRATULATIONS for getting your dream house!!!

I liked this recent cartoon I saw in the New Yorker: Person on the couch is astonished by the email that his New Year's resolutions are suing him for breach of contract.

I feel like I've got a cold, I hope nothing worse. I've got a covid test scheduled for tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote