Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-22, 10:23 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Underrated Workouts or Series

Hi-

I’m curious to see which workouts or series you think are underrated. This could include a popular instructor like Cathe, or someone much more obscure. We are always looking for new inspiration, or new ideas to enable us.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 11:41 AM  
Terry

It looks to me like not many VFers have tried Riptensity, and of those who have tried it, some (most?) grade it as good or mediocre.

I grade it as great! I have found that the best type of workouts for my cardiovascular fitness, leg strength/agility/endurance, core strength, arm strength, and overall fitness are boot camp style workouts that include plyos, everything possible in plank position, and high intensity intervals. If a boot camp workout has a good stretch and/or does a lot of mobility moves in the warmup, the only thing I have to add is pullups, rows, rear delt flies, shoulder presses, and some triceps work unless the main workout covers these. If I move away from boot camp style and don’t at least do sprints with my runs outside, my legs lose out no matter how much I work on squats, lunges, and tabletop work with ankle weights.

I grade Gideon as a top trainer. If you love Steve Uriah, you will love Gideon. If you can’t deal with Steve Uriah, Gideon might or might not appeal to you. Gideon yells less than Steve, but he is just as energetic.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:33 PM  
bubbles76

I like most of the XTFMax/ Xtrainfit workouts. Most of them feature Stephanie Oram and I really like her down to earth personality. She really makes working out fun! Yes the production values of the workouts are not at slick and polished as Cathe, but her prices on the set is usually reasonable. Pretty sure that once her latest XTFMax Define & Align set comes down in price I'll try to get it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
underrated workouts