Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-21, 07:18 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
The Firefly episode "Out of Gas" is extraordinarily good.
Agreed! It’s too bad there is only 1 season, but if there had been more then we would have a very different “Castle.”

Funniest thing: As I was typing about “Castle” the phone rang and it was my sister calling to tell me she had ordered a bunch of DVDs, including 4 seasons of “Castle.” How weird is that!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 07:41 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Need ideas for “manly” bingeing

My BIL has to have major surgery and his activities will be very restricted for a couple of months. My sister is looking for ideas for shows that might keep him entertained and therefore less likely to do things he shouldn’t.

He likes action-oriented, testosterone-on-parade movies, although…and I never would have predicted this in 1000 years…he likes “Big Bang Theory.”

Suggestions for movies and TV shows very welcome.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 07:55 PM  
sherry7899

YADeb, has he watched Breaking Bad?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 07:59 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
My BIL has to have major surgery and his activities will be very restricted for a couple of months. My sister is looking for ideas for shows that might keep him entertained and therefore less likely to do things he shouldn’t.

He likes action-oriented, testosterone-on-parade movies, although…and I never would have predicted this in 1000 years…he likes “Big Bang Theory.”

_____
YADeb
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I have been binge-watching The Ultimate Fighter series. It's available on UFC Fight Pass, which is $9.99 a month and also includes basically any previous UFC fight you can imagine! Not sure if he's into UFC/MMA, but it's definitely testosterone-on-parade I always used to watch the fights but I never watched the show. I'm really enjoying watching the early seasons and seeing fighters that have made it big get their start in the UFC.
Old 08-18-21, 09:07 PM  
loulou

Quote:

Suggestions for movies and TV shows very welcome.F
_____
YADeb
It depends on what he has access to but it doesn't get more testosterone laden than Sons of Anarchy. On FX and HULU. Peaky Blinders and Narcos on Netflix. Westworld on HBO.

Can't really think of any recent good action movies though it looks like Showtime has many good older war movies and westerns.

Oh and Starz... Looks like a new series called Heels. About wrestling. It stars Alexander Ludwig who played Bjorn in Vikings. Another series that might fit the bill.

(I binge watch while working out. If that counts.)
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 11:29 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:

_____
YADeb
The Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow is much better than the title might suggest. It's a sci-fi story in which the main character relives the same day over and over during an alien invasion. It's especially good fun if enjoy watching his character die over and over. Don't make a drinking game of it, LOL!!
Old 08-28-21, 08:47 PM  
BunnyHop

Me again, still having fun with Netflix.

Just watched The Old Guard, an astonishingly violent and gory but entertaining Charlize Theron movie about some immortal vigilantes. (and the sequel is coming up fairly soon, so I guess I timed this viewing well, LOL!!)

In terms of actual binge-watching I've begun Locke and Key. I've read the graphic novels but don't remember much. The series gets a second season starting soon.
Old 08-28-21, 09:47 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:

_____
YADeb
Into The Badlands on Netflix is action oriented and has incredible fight scenes.
I've been rewatching Supernatural another action/gore heavy series on Netflix.
I just finished Soldiers or Zombies on Amazon Prime if you like narcos with some zombies thrown in.
Umbrella Academy, Altered Carbon and The Witcher are also fun action sci/fi and fantasy series.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 07:17 AM  
Carol K

I have one more episode of the last season of the Belgian version of Professor T and I just started season 2 of Before We Die (Swedish). Our PBS affiliate is showing the 18th season of Midsomer Murders, which I've never seen before.
Old 08-29-21, 01:23 PM  
warriorprincess

Enjoying the new season of 'The Manifest' on Netflix.

Also 'Glitch', which is pretty good so far, also on Netflix.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows