Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-21, 10:44 AM  
dianestjohn

Brian Syuki

I discovered this YouTube instructor a few weeks ago in response to somebody mentioning him in the YouTube thread awhile back. I added a few of his workouts to my queue since among his many videos he has about a dozen hour-long “walking” workouts which appeal to me, but I hadn’t tried one yet. Yesterday I only felt like doing a 20 minute workout and randomly chose one from him and was pleasantly surprised. It was low-impact but very effective, the moves feel good on the body, there is music, no talking, in all his workouts I think, but the non-verbal instruction was very clear and it was easy to follow. Intensity was maybe a notch above Jessica’s higher intermediate videos, I was surprised because when I previewed I thought it would be pretty easy. He has walking, steady state cardio, HIIT, kickboxing and weight workouts, and a few hour-long very intense jogging workouts YIKES. Anyhow, just wanted to share this find in case anyone needs a new instructor among the gazillion YouTube offerings 😀
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 10:05 PM  
Elsie

Thumbs up

Came across Brian over a year ago now I think and he really is the only 'Fitness to just music -no instruction' trainer I can follow along with. I generally can't stand the music people use, the decibel to often too high and I just like some instruction/talking. So, he's my exception! LOL. Also, he offers so many different levels of intensity which is great. Even DH has completed some of his offerings.
Thanks for the reminder to revisit Brian again. I've been sticking with Lively Ladies (Patricia Land) since December, but it's great to have a little variety.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 10:19 PM  
Elsie

DH really likes the shorter ones, so that he feels like at least he did something!!!
; )
https://youtu.be/_jojignntuU
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 10:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Great! Thanks!
Old 05-13-21, 07:56 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
DH really likes the shorter ones, so that he feels like at least he did something!!!
; )
https://youtu.be/_jojignntuU
These look great to add on to a weight day or a 'rest' day. Thanks.
Old 05-13-21, 12:25 PM  
upperwside

I also enjoy his workouts.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:37 AM  
adrien_73

I had posted previously about Brian's workouts. They feel more challenging than many other "walking" workouts, and I love the ones that incorporate weights. Often times I twist on my Simply Fit board during his 30 sec. walk-in-place segments to get some extra ab work in too!

I have been bouncing back and forth between my home and my parents home for the last few months, and his workouts have kept me moving when I've been away from my home gym & huge DVD collection! I love that his workouts are both simplistic and challenging. I can do them in a small space with little to no equipment. Most are low impact so they don't bother my joints. I just love them!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 09:40 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I also enjoy his workouts.
I like them, too. He always seems so happy. It amuses me how many videos he comes out with because most are very similar.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 01:42 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I like them, too. He always seems so happy. It amuses me how many videos he comes out with because most are very similar.

Erica
I cannot believe how many he releases... Especially the long jogging ones. He's in good shape!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:49 AM  
alisoncooks

Bumping this thread:

I stumbled across this YouTube channel today. It looks great! I was looking for walking-with-weights workouts and found it. I'll be spending some time going through his videos -- he has sooooo many!! It's a little overwhelming.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brian syuki, youtube channels