Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-21, 12:11 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I saw KCM's Amped Up Cardio DVD (which I adore) last week at a thrift store and offered to buy it for my colleague (who was with me). She passed, even though she likes kickboxing at the gym. Sigh. I wish a VFer who doesn't have it but wants it was by my side then!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 11:45 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I saw KCM's Amped Up Cardio DVD (which I adore) last week at a thrift store and offered to buy it for my colleague (who was with me). She passed, even though she likes kickboxing at the gym. Sigh. I wish a VFer who doesn't have it but wants it was by my side then!
If it’s a highly sought after instructor, I sometimes buy them for Share the Wealth, so they go to a good home. But I’m able to get dvds for around 97 cents, so it’s not too much out of pocket expense.
Old 04-28-21, 04:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

yesterday, i went to one of the Goodwill stores in our city that finally opened after a 1.5 year renovation. it's so nice and spacious.

anyhoo, I spotted the following DVDs, which I already have in my collection:
Cathe Pyramids
Cathe Pure Strength
Cathe Supersets/Push Pull
Cathe Power Hour/MIS/Body Max

I wanted to get the following DVD, but when I opened it, the disc was missing!

Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 05:28 PM  
wendug

I found the Firm- Transfirm Your Trouble Zones for 95 cents. I was hesitant to buy it because I have not heard much of this workout and it only uses a 5 pound kettlebell. I pulled out my phone and read reviews of the workout here at VF and people seemed to like the workout. So I went ahead and bought it- at a 50% discount- so 52 cents with tax. Woo-hoo!
Old 04-28-21, 05:33 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
yesterday, i went to one of the Goodwill stores in our city that finally opened after a 1.5 year renovation. it's so nice and spacious.

Cathe Pyramids
Cathe Pure Strength

Wow. I rarely find Cathe while thrifting! And I HATE IT when you find a workout you want and the DVD is missing, or the wrong DVD is in the case! You don't know if it was donated that way or someone in the store did it.

Also, I have two Salvation Army thrift stores near me. One is 5 minutes away, the other is 10 minutes away. The closer store has DVD's marked at $2.95, and the store 10 minutes away has DVD's marked at 95 cents each. I don't know the reasoning behind that.
Old 04-28-21, 06:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wendy I think 52 cents is worth it even if you only use it once!

I don't think I've ever since Cathe or KCM at thrift stores. I think I saw CS once - something I already had.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 06:58 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Wendy I think 52 cents is worth it even if you only use it once!
LOL! The issue is I am out of space for more workouts! I seriously need to go through and determine what workouts need to go.
Old 04-28-21, 07:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
or the wrong DVD is in the case! You don't know if it was donated that way or someone in the store did it.

The closer store has DVD's marked at $2.95, and the store 10 minutes away has DVD's marked at 95 cents each. I don't know the reasoning behind that.
wrong DVD in case - that happened the other day! i was at Savers, and I saw a vintage DVD, Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch. when I opened it, the "Comedy Kings" DVD was in there instead!

the pricing is inconsistent between stores sometimes, I agree. oh yeah - I also saw the entire Body Express 6-DVD set by Tony Little. that is indeed a great set - and they had the entire box priced at $2.99. if i didn't already have that set, i would get it. but if the same set were sealed, they would charge $9.99.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 07:47 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

Cathe Pyramids
Cathe Pure Strength

That’s amazing! I never find Cathe strength workouts. I found a Cathe beginner step, but the dvd was scratched up.
Old 04-28-21, 10:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
LOL! The issue is I am out of space for more workouts! I seriously need to go through and determine what workouts need to go.
But workouts are like Jello...there's always room for Jello!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds