Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-20, 10:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Unhappy Not a good time to have allergies and/or hot flashes.

So, I have seasonal allergies that are kicking in about now. The DH has been doing a lot of weed trimming to prepare for wildfire season and that puts even more stuff in the air. So, I get a dry cough from that sometimes.

Dry cough!

Then, despite being about 13 years past menopause, I still get the occasional hot flash. More lately, I suppose, due to stress.

High temperature!

Not a good time for allergies and/or hot flashes. Boring, stupid stuff has become scary.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 11:06 AM  
wendug

Yeah, my allergies are kicking in, too. My eyes have been watering a lot plus the sniffling! And I'm almost out of my allergy medication. But I like seeing the trees budding while out on my walks with the dogs. So I guess take the good with the bad.
Old 04-01-20, 11:14 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
So, I have seasonal allergies that are kicking in about now. The DH has been doing a lot of weed trimming to prepare for wildfire season and that puts even more stuff in the air. So, I get a dry cough from that sometimes.

Dry cough!

Then, despite being about 13 years past menopause, I still get the occasional hot flash. More lately, I suppose, due to stress.

High temperature!

Not a good time for allergies and/or hot flashes. Boring, stupid stuff has become scary.
This has been me!! The dry cough - brisk outdoor activities in cool weather sometimes makes me cough (possible allergies, too) and aggravates my sinuses. Then yesterday I got my first hot flashes in months! I knew what it was, but it still gets the imagination going. I just got home from the grocery store. I planned to go earlier, but I wanted my cough to settle down.
Old 04-01-20, 11:56 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I just got home from the grocery store. I planned to go earlier, but I wanted my cough to settle down.
Yep, know what you mean. I delayed my grocery store trip a day because I was afraid my sinus sniffling and possible sneeze/cough would happen while I was in the store.
Old 04-01-20, 12:05 PM  
Sollamyn

I have allergies, for which I take two prescription medications. However, I only take one of those meds (a nasal spray) spring through the fall. Spring always seems to catch me unaware, though, and I didn't start taking it early enough. Therefore, I thought I had a sinus infection last week, which started the day after my brother-in-law died. I was still feeling sick on the day of the funeral, so I didn't go and I just feel awful about that. I mean, I knew it was either an allergy attack or sinus infection, but I didn't think anyone would have appreciated me being there, knowing that I wasn't feeling all that well.

Not only could I not go to the funeral, I haven't even been able to visit my sister while her husband was in the hospital, nor since he died. My sister has interstitual lung disease, so she is particularly vulnerable to succumbing to the coronavirus, should she be infected.

I'm taking an antihistamine now, in addition to my two prescription meds, but I still don't feel 100%. I think it's highly unlikely that I have anything serious, but it's still very disheartening that I can't be with my sister now. Or with my father, who is in a nursing home. This whole thing is very disheartening and frustrating!

Donna
Old 04-01-20, 12:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Donna, I'm sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs to you and your family!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:10 PM  
Lori_Michigan

For a week I've been thinking the same thing -- hot flashes and dry cough. It took me a day or so to attribute these to perimenopause, as I was certain (and paranoid) I had coronavirus. But then everything subsided and just came back at the normal times of day I usually get them (late afternoon), and for the first time I was thankful it was just perimenopause!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:50 PM  
suzannaerin

I got a Kinsa thermometer and have been taking my temperature twice a day. My allergy symptoms kicked in, the oak pollen is coating everything. I also have to go into work every other week for a couple days, which is anxiety provoking and creepy since my State is shut down until June. Even though we’re on a skeleton staff, some of my subordinates weren’t social distancing well. I felt like the mean boss, reminding them and not letting anyone come inside my office.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:58 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Donna, I'm sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs to you and your family!
Thanks. I know my experiences pale in comparison to what some are going through. I know this has been hard on all of us.

Donna
Old 04-02-20, 07:30 AM  
horsemom2

I had hot flashes for decades and tried everything.
Thankfully, they finally stopped about a year ago and I don't know how or why LOL.

I have had random and mild sniveling, sore throat, cough. and fatigue but I think it is more allergy and stress related than anything else.
My sense of taste and smell are still quite strong which is a very significant early symptom for this virus.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19