Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-18, 03:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
This one has been available really cheap on a compilation dvd. I need to look up the title.
sherry - send me the link. i have the UB/LB but SASE'd the Abs one, and i wanted it back.

for those not aware of this, Leslie is indoors, alone, in what looks like a big living room. she's subdued somewhat too! the set is somewhat dark and calm.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:47 PM  
sherry7899

It is called the seven day calorie blast. I cannot post links from my kindle. I sent my copy to alisoncooks awhile back. I think it has the ab workout on it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
It is called the seven day calorie blast. I cannot post links from my kindle. I have my copy to alisoncooks awhile back. I think it has the and workout on it.
thanks - i looked it up on Amazon. it has the UB and LB, but i didn't see the Abs workout listed.

anyone know whether her Short Cut Abs routine was compiled on another DVD?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:57 PM  
sherry7899

Darn, I was hoping and was on there. Could it be included with the lower body?

Old 01-01-18, 08:56 PM  
rvagal

These are great, thanks for the links. I hadn't looked at Collage and was only finding Margaret Richards DVDs for $$$ on Amazon.
Old 01-01-18, 09:11 PM  
rvagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
I've gone through almost a decade of chronic illness now - I am slowly getting better, luckily - but when I was finally ready to exercise again, Margaret Richard truly was a god-send for me. Others have already mentioned it, but I thought you'd want to hear from someone else dealing with a similar issue.

Her workouts will definitely make you stronger without wiping you out.

Just to add, I also later started doing Tracy Anderson's Meta (no cardio) without any fatigue problems and Classical Stretch has been a constant companion for a few years. Callanetics, as well, will work your body with absolutely no strain on your system. These are definitely not weight workouts, but a few of the things that have allowed me to continue to move through the not so good times. If I'd stuck with only weights, I'd have gotten nowhere, as there would be weeks and sometimes months where even lifting a weight was too much.

You'll be better off than I was, as I hadn't been able to exercise (or even move) for a good two or three years before I started again. Also, there is absolutely no workout schedule - when my body needs a day off, it's taking a day (or two or three) off. If I push just a teeny bit too far, it will wipe me out for at least a week.

I keep a weekly planner with my workouts in it, and I can go back and see me ramping up my workouts or doing too much every day, and then immediately after there is an entire week blank . I still haven't learned my lesson. There are too many amazing workouts and so little time (and precious energy).

Good luck!
Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so glad to hear you are slowly improving.

I have been slowly losing the ability to do my work-outs, so I'm not sure where I'll wind up. I feel like I'm getting a handle on what I can do and shifting my mentality. For so long I thought that more activity was always better -- take the stairs, park farther away, etc. Now I am learning that I have a finite, reduced amount of energy, so I must guard it and ration it.

Several years ago I could jog several miles. Slowly that became too much and I switched to walking with short bursts of jogging. For a long time I could do my Firm workouts, no problem, as long as it was the one big thing I did a day. Then I discovered how much better FitPrime felt with a slower pace and more balance work and yoga. But these days even those are too hard and get my HR up too high. I have fought against all these losses but I've learned that that just makes it worse. I have to accept my limitations and work within them.

For now I am grateful to have found a way to keep working out, but like you said, I often plan a work-out day and it's just too much. My goal has shifted from "work out 5x a week" to "weight train at least twice a week to maintain muscle." At least for now that's been doable. On alternate days I might do a slow walk on the treadmill but most days I find I don't have the energy.

I have to be realistic and accept that if I've been on a downward slide since I first got sick 6 years ago, it only makes sense to expect more sliding. That's not to say I don't have hope for reaching stasis or improving, but I can't count on it. I may wind up unable to move at some point.
Old 01-02-18, 12:00 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Margaret Richard also has a weight workout that is done entirely while seated, I think. The name is Getting Better.

Carol
This one has floor work but either on the back with the feet up, or side lying for the outer thighs. I think the chest and triceps are done lying face up, too. Despite the title it will Kick Your Butt. It is gentle on the joints and fries your muscles.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 01:28 PM  
sherry7899

"Getting Better" is a tough workout even though you do not stand.

Margaret's site frequently has really good sales if you want to buy more of her dvds later.

Sherry

Old 01-02-18, 01:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
This one has floor work but either on the back with the feet up, or side lying for the outer thighs. I think the chest and triceps are done lying face up, too. Despite the title it will Kick Your Butt. It is gentle on the joints and fries your muscles.
Thanks Pat for the extra info!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair dumbbell workouts, slow weights