Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-15, 06:12 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Thanks ladies! How did I not notice that typo, lol. I recommend it STRONGLY.
Amazing results!! Thanks for sharing. I know that I do not do well with written workouts but I love before/after pics for inspiration.
Old 01-02-16, 01:25 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Amazing results!! Thanks for sharing. I know that I do not do well with written workouts but I love before/after pics for inspiration.
Thank you! One thing I found with paper workouts is that since the workout can literally be different every time I really beat boredom. It was hard at first to self motivate and push but I did really well doing so for about a year and a half. I've been doing my dvds again the past few weeks though - I like both, along with live classes.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 01:33 AM  
PrairieGem

You look gorgeous in BOTH pix, but I'm glad you found a program you're happy with!

Low weight, high rep work (as they stress in P57!) *IS* strength training and will maintain bone mass, too. And I know I've read threads here on how yoga helps maintain strong bones as we age, too. (Well, as you age. I'm neither aging nor doing yoga. Ahem. )

Inspiring thread all round. Thanks!
Old 01-03-16, 03:53 AM  
rcbold

What is bbg?
rcbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 10:20 AM  
Tugger31

Go back to about page 7 of this post and you'll find talk of "bbg" or Bikini Body Guide.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 01:36 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Thank you! One thing I found with paper workouts is that since the workout can literally be different every time I really beat boredom. It was hard at first to self motivate and push but I did really well doing so for about a year and a half. I've been doing my dvds again the past few weeks though - I like both, along with live classes.
It's nice to find something that works for you. I don't get bored because streaming workouts are different. I still buy a lot of DVDs and use my old ones too. I just like the feeling of "working" out with an instructor.

It sounds like BBG is similar to the kind of weight workouts that I like. I like using medium weights (no more than a pair of 15 lbs.) and body weight/functional exercises mixed in with cardio. So I'm thinking it's like Jillian's, UFC Fit weight workouts, Katami's 4x4, etc. I might be wrong since I never saw the program but that's what it sounds like.

Tags
bbg, bone density, bulking, cholesterol, flexibility, hdl, legs and glutes, resistance training, strength training, weight training