Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-24, 05:01 PM  
counterclockwise

Jessica Smith AirPlay Issues

Does anyone else have Apple AirPlay Issues with Jessica Smith when using the icon on her videos? I’m trying to use my phone to stream to my Visio TV. It shows Airplay on the TV for a sec and then just spins forever. I’ve tried using AirPlay with YouTube and other things on the same TV and it works fine. I can mirror my phone screen, but when I click full screen on Jessica’s videos, it just spins indefinitely again. Thanks!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-24, 08:29 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I sometimes have issues and have to close out of the app and start again, which is frustrating, although it usually works the second time.

One thing I discovered is that if my iPhone has been using a Bluetooth speaker, I have to make sure it’s no longer connected or airplay won’t work or, if it does, it’s wonky. I’ve only noticed this in Jessica’s app.

Good luck!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-24, 09:10 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I've also had intermittent trouble with playing the videos from the app/AAP. Like Trixoo mentioned, I typically log out and log back in. (Only a few times have I had to do that multiple times.)

Also, I usually track stuff and make comments from my internet browser. I found that it helps if I log out of the browser and the only login is on my iPad when I try to play a workout.

Another tip I've found is to click on that i button under the video icon, then get the screen when you can choose to "resume" or "play from start". It seems, for me, that the difficulties with getting the videos to play usually occur when I click on the video icon in the library.

I realize this answer does not answer your question directly, but hopefully it gives you some ideas to try out.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-24, 05:27 PM  
counterclockwise

Bummer, none of those things worked. I’ll reach out to her support. Thanks!!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aap, all access pass, jessica smith, jessica smith streaming