Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-24, 10:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday:

~ Yoga Ranger Meditation for When You Feel Depleted & Exhausted
~ A 15 minute Jessica Valant Pilates
~ 4,267 steps

Last night's weather report showed where I live getting rain or a mix turning to rain. Then a co-worker tells me we could get a foot. I guess we won't know until Mother Nature turns on the taps.

Diane, I'm beginning to wonder if the "server busy" is an indication too many people are logged in at the same time? I was so sad reading the dumpster fire in the General thread yesterday. Enjoy your coffee chat!

Donna, Latin Flavor is a good one. I think Light & Easy is my most used. I love the little interplay when Teigh has a little oopsie. I had no idea Wendy had such heartache in administering the site! KarenJo's post was very enlightening.

Summer Breeze, stay warm today!

Sending hugs to Beth.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 10:59 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning from SNOWY Upstate NY!

I just have to keep telling myself one more winter to get through after this one. I told a very close friend yesterday that we were heading back to California. She was so sad but understood. She was the realtor who facilitated the build of this house and we became very close friends. Unusual when one is older. We’ve been through so much together but I told her that she will always be welcomed in our new home. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 and I immediately took charge, going to every one of her doctor’s appointments as her note taker, her surgery and subsequent radiation. Thankfully, she is perfect now! We have become more like sisters than friends and I will miss her terribly but I have less time ahead than behind and need to be someplace where we’re happy.

Anyway….
I did a solo after dinner walk (DH’s knee) and walked 37 minutes.

Steps: 12,925

Today’s workout:
  • Cyberpump Day 22 – Legs and Abs - this one kicked my butt in a good way!
  • Day 7 Ab Challenge
  • 108 Dips
  • 108 KB Swings
  • Stretch
  • Afternoon walk in the neighborhood - 51 minutes

Donna: I have to find my YBBs – they’re buried in the basement wicker trunk. One good thing about planning for a move is the decluttering! I want a much smaller house so all this junk cannot come with me.

We’re going to get up to a foot of snow but I’m hoping that changes. It’s lightly snowing now but will stop by noon.

The WWWendy thread is crazy but I’ve had issues with she who will not be named (NOT FanofLadyVols – one of the nicest people on this forum.)

I had no idea about the history of VF.

Waves to Summer Breeze, Beth, and Pat – hope everyone is well and NOT getting snow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 03:58 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm finally in!

Waves to everyone! Thank you for the hugs. I should definitely have taken the day off from work yesterday, but didn’t realize how much my head would hurt. The pain medication wore off fairly quickly, and I didn’t do that great with the Tylenol they wanted me to stick to. I went to bed as soon as I could log off.

Today is much better!

About the WWWWendy thread, whenever I used to resubscribe, Wendy would always send a warm thank you email. That hasn’t happened in the past few years. Honestly, I’m really not sure it’s still Wendy using the account. I hope that doesn’t sound too weird, am thinking a moderator may be lightly managing things and doesn't want the drama. I’ve emailed Wendy over the years with forum and user name questions, and that’s just not like her to not respond.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 04:01 PM  
amoodygirl

Yeah! Welcome back from the abyss!

I'm sorry your head is hurting but it's great it's better today. Nothing worse than a headache (and a stomach ache).

My advice is to steer clear of the WWWendy thread and debacle. I've had dealings with one of those involved and she's a lunatic, plain and simple. If anyone wants any info (this happened in Dec 2020) just pm me!

Welcome back Beth!!!!

Diane
Old 01-06-24, 10:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wrapped up yesterday with a dog walk and Ellen's Express Barre.

I think I'm almost back to normal!

Today, so far, I did:

YBB - Basic - this one has a little bit of everything - cardio/dance; ballet, light sculpting w/ weights, yoga and ab/Pilates. It has been fun re-visiting these - it has probably been a decade or so since I last pulled them out!

Beth - good to see you!! Take it easy!!

As for the WWWendy thread - a moderator finally closed it down. It is interesting that she said she has heard nothing from Wendy either. I guess we will never know what is going on. I understand Wendy has her right to privacy - but I can also understand the concern about the uncertainty of this forum. It is such a part of our lives. I have also learned my lesson and I'm staying out of those threads from now on. They are just a recipe for disaster. Just sticking to workouts and positive vibes.

I guess I will move over to the Roost if this fails.....but I plan to continue to post here for as long as it is still chugging along.

Diane, Pat and Summer Breeze - are you due for snow this weekend? We are just going to get a mix and a mess, so nothing too terrible. Glad I have nowhere to go, though.

Hope everyone has a nice start to the weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 11:14 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It’s not IF it’s going to snow, it’s how much! Ballston Lake is right on the line of 5-8” or 8-12”. I am begging the snow gods to please give us a break!

Anyway….

Last night we did a 32 minute after dinner walk.
Steps: 14,894

Today’s workout:
  • Cyberpump Day 27 – Built Back & Biceps
  • Day 10 Ab Challenge
  • Stretch
  • Morning walk before snow-mageddon strikes! – 1 hour, 15 minutes

Donna: Happy to hear you’re almost 100%!

I had issues with the main troublemaker back in late 2020. She’s a certifiable lunatic, conspiracy theorist (note Wendy removed her post because of misinformation). The woman is desperate for attention. I will never use her forum for that reason. VF Roost will be my home once VF is gone.

Yes, snow is coming but just don’t know how much. We’re going to run errands in a bit – DH wants Mediterranean food so we’re off to Albany to pick some up.

Wishing Pat, Summer Breeze and Beth a great day! See you all tomorrow from the tundra!

Diane
Old 01-06-24, 01:00 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I had a wake and a funeral the past couple of days so I got a little off track. My friend's DH passed. Now we have some sort of snow event coming today so I'll try for an indoor workout.

DIANE, you know I want the poop. I vaguely remember the incident but I sent you a pm for a refresher. Great job keeping up with your workouts and walks.

BETH, welcome back! Hope you feel better very soon.

PAT, I hope you don't get too much snow by you. They keep changing the forecast here. Snow, rain, mix, who knows?

DONNA, nice job with YBB this week. It seems like a perfect return for you. Yes I think VF Roost will be the way to go.

Have a safe and warm day everyone!

ETA -- I've been trying to post this for awhile now. I keep getting a server busy message. I hope it goes through soon.

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 03:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings all! Yesterday:

~ Ellen's 10 Minute WW Walk
~ Sadhana Day 5 - a 10 minute Kassandra evening stretch + evening affirmations
~ 3,723 steps

How about it ladies, do we want to migrate to Roost when the time comes? My barefoot check-in is moving over there. I'm also leaning toward Roost because the format is easier on the eyes and if trends continue, it seems there will be less drama there. I’ll still pop in at VFII and see what’s going on, though.

Summer Breeze, I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s husband. Brought up many sad emotions for you, no doubt. Good luck with whatever you get - locally they’re calling it a not’easter.

Beth, good to hear you are on the mend today. That’s a good point about Wendy sending the thank you email - I forgot all about that. You have to wonder where the money goes now. It’s all so bizarre, but I hope Wendy is okay, wherever she is.

Donna, they’ve narrowed it down that my little slice of the coast will get between a "wintery mix" and 2”. That means we’ll end up with a mess of ice, either way. I love the music in YBB Basic! And Andy, too.

Wow Diane, I hope you don’t get too much more snow. California has got to be looking pretty sweet. Looks like you’re still loving the Cyberpump.

Well it sounds like we all need a little hug so I’m sending one around to all of you.
Old 01-06-24, 03:55 PM  
donnamp

I'm good with moving to the Roost - do you want to move now or wait and see what happens with VF?

Pat - glad you are not getting a ton of snow. It is just raining here.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 04:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna, I plan to stay here until the bitter end, but will begin posting here and there at Roost to get comfortable with it.