Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-23, 06:39 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- KCM- TLC workout 1. Not my favorite of Kelly's as it didn't really get my heartrate up. So, I added on Tracie Long's Breakthrough. This workout with the med ball is so much fun!

buffmama- I'll have to try one of Caroline's Calisthenics workouts. I've only done her weighted workouts.

Erica- What do you think of Silas? I still haven't tried his workouts. So many options!

Angela- Hope you are having a nice weekend and your dad is feeling better!
Old 02-26-23, 08:16 AM  
buffmama

MrandMrsMuscle Cardio HIIT no. 58 and Jasper Hero Day 3 Full Body. Great combo. Jasper had me dripping with sweat.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 02-26-23, 09:23 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Iron Day 2 - chest/back/shoulders and part of Iron Day 5 biceps/triceps.

Wendy - I used to use TLC a lot. I would do the first workout and then the upper body premix from the second with light weights and consider it a toning workout for the upper body. I loaned it to a friend a couple of years ago along with some other workouts before my foot surgery. I think I've done two Silas workouts so far - both lower body - and liked them a lot. When will your new dumbbells be delivered? I really wish I had bought a pair of 45s instead of just a single. I got a good deal on the one I have and I really like the actual dumbbell - it's easy to grip. I got it from Amazon and they haven't had it in stock for a long time.

buffmama - glad you are loving Jasper!

Hi to Angela!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 06:38 PM  
wendug

I had planned on working upper body today, but I worked on a mosaic so decided against it. I took the dogs on an extra dog walk instead and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I'll do upper body tomorrow.
Old 02-27-23, 08:33 AM  
buffmama

Jasper Hero Day 4 dynamic DB + BW workout with 6 min finisher of ....burpees! Yes, I did them. If I counted correctly I did 65. I followed that up with MrandMrsMuscle cardio 59. I felt no guilt omitting the burpees there and just doing the jumping jacks they were paired with! Am I ready for kk's burpee workout? 30 min with decreasing breaks throughout. I'll get there.

Wendy - I would love to hear about your mosaics. How big are they? Are they part of a piece of furniture like a table?

Hi Erica + Angela!
Old 02-27-23, 06:49 PM  
wendug

After a warm-up from Caroline, I did Jasper's Hero Day 1. Loved it! Short enough to really go heavy. Added on M. Briehler's 30 Min. Standing Abs Cardio Workout. Had to go low impact as I didn't have a very supportive sports bra on.

I should get my new dumbbells on Thursday of this week. Yay! My mailman is gonna be pissed, though.

buffmama- I make mosaics and sell them on Etsy. Some are mirrors, some are artwork, others are abstract. I'll never be rich selling them, but I have sold all over the US and a few overseas. It makes me happy making them and I'm thrilled some others like them, too! www.etsy.com/shop/alteredmosaics
Old 02-28-23, 03:43 PM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan 1 Million Strong 30 min Calisthenics and MrandMrsMuscle Cardio HIIT no. 57 (10 min). What am I thinking do Caroline as a break from weight workouts?! Tough little workout then MrsMuscle got my heart rate up some more.

Wendy - Thanks for the link - what pretty stuff! I am totally lacking in artist genes. Glad you liked Jasper.

Hey there Erica.
Old 02-28-23, 06:26 PM  
wendug

My dumbbells arrived today. Woo hoo! Fed-ex delivered them so I don't have to worry about my mailman giving me a hard time.

To use my new dumbbells I did Vera LaRo's 30 Minute Lower Body Straight Sets. This workout had me sweating buckets! My legs were toast at the end of the bulgarian lunges. But I made it through the workout. I was going to try adding a long resistance band for the hip thrusts, but the resistance on my long band was too heavy. But it is a great idea for adding resistance if you don't have a heavier dumbbell. I didn't add any cardio workout as I walked the dogs over an hour this am. I did quite a bit of stretching my legs, though!

Buffmama- I was previewing some of Jasper's Hero workouts and saw that day 4 ended with burpees and noticed you had commented that you did 65. Wow! That's awesome! Soon you will be able to tackle that kaykay burpee workout! And you are sadistic for choosing Caroline on your non-weight workout day!

Hi Erica & Angela!
Old 02-28-23, 06:40 PM  
Erica H.

I did the same workout that I did on Sunday ( Iron Day 2 - chest/back/shoulders and part of Iron Day 5 biceps/triceps). Didn't feel like checking in yesterday. It was the anniversary of our school shooting. My kids were involved and it's a very hard day. Every year I think I'll be okay and then the day comes and I'm just wrecked.

buffmama - 6 minutes of burpees!

Wendy how exciting about the new dumbbells. Getting new workout stuff makes all the workouts feel fresh again. Enjoy the challenge! I'm going to check out the Vera lower body workout you posted. ETA - that workout looks really good. I looked at the add-on suggestion she posted and I like most of that one too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 09:19 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 5 Upper Body and MrandMrsMuscle Cardio HIIT no. 56. Trying to heavy up and stay there. While taking classes the last 1.5 years I obviously slacked off.

Wendy - Enjoy your new DBs! We might all be doing that Vera workout. I looked for a companion upper body workout but didn't find one.

Erica - I imagine some things don't get easier. Especially when it involves our kids. Hugs.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts