Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-23-23, 08:16 AM  
buffmama

Jasper MacDermot Hero Day 2 Legs. I need to let Jasper get more Cyberpump videos out. . This one didn't have a warm up - hopefully the later Hero workouts do. I also did a 10 min finisher by Juice & Toya - it was full body but I was hoping for more cardio.

Wendy - I have done a few of Sydney's programs. Her glute work seemed to stand out to me as better than most.

Erica - LOL. Now I'm going to have to look through all their shirts!
Old 02-23-23, 09:04 AM  
buffmama

Let's talk DB weights. How high do your's go and are they in pairs? I upped my weight and now am wondering if I should shop. . I have up to 35lbs all in pairs. I used the 35lb for goblet squats and thought I could go heavier. The easy answer of course is to pick up 2 20lbs!
Old 02-23-23, 10:49 AM  
Erica H.

I did the legs workout from Daniel's Force Series (a favorite) along with most of the nourish move love "Holy Bananas" lower body workout I did the other day.

buffmama - My heaviest pair of weights is 40 pounds and I have a single 45 and a single 50 pound dumbbell. I'd like heavier singles and one more 45 to make a pair but they are so expensive and I hate having so many dumbbells in my family room.

Wendy - I used to use Sydney's workouts a lot and especially liked many of her lower body workouts but I just haven't wanted to do them lately -even the older ones I used to like. Hope your hands are feeling better today!

Surgeon appointment today and I'm trying not to be too nervous. DH is certain I'll need surgery while I am desperately hoping I don't. My surgeon is very conservative and I'm glad about that.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-23, 06:23 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 Minute Zero Jumping Weighted Cardio Burn Bootcamp. Although there is zero jumping- I did make some of the moves high impact to up the cardio factor and subbed in some kettlebell swings. My hands are much better today.

Erica- I looked through those exercise shirts and there are several I wouldn't mind owning. And you and buffmama commented on Sydney's lower body work. I'll have to preview them and pick a few out to try.

buffmama- My highest dumbbells are 30 pounds, but I do have my dh's monster adjustable dumbbells that go up to 35 pounds. They are HUGE in comparison to normal dumbbells so I want to replace them. Walmart has good deals on CAP dumbbells in pairs right now- $70 for 35 lb. pair, $72 for a 40 lb. pair, and $90 for a 45 lb. pair. I am so tempted but I need to rearrange some fitness stuff to find room. Also, which Sydney programs did you do? I'm not particularly fond of her cardio, but I'm also thinking I should try doing a "proper" rotation.
Old 02-23-23, 07:05 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - that's a really good price for the dumbbells.

This is from an old thread about Sydney's programs if you're interested. I know I have a list somewhere of her lower body ones I really liked in the past,too.

'Accelerate' is the hardest, 'Burn' and 'Ignite' are probably the easiest. 'Fit and Strong' and 'Transcend' are simpler moves so better if you want to lift heavy.

Summer time fine 3 months programs shift emphasis by month.
"The first tier/month focuses on stability, unilateral work, and muscle endurance. The second tier/month is strength focused and heavy weights. The third tier/month is focused on power, speed/agility."

Erica
Old 02-24-23, 08:47 AM  
buffmama

Today was Hero Day 2 Upper Body and a 12 tabata from growinganannas that wasn't too sweaty.

Wendy - I did Summertime Fine 3.0 and I think I did Accelerate after that and maybe one more. Be forewarned Sydney talks a lot. Thanks for the heads up on Walmart's pricing.

Erica - Hope yesterday's appointment went well.
Old 02-24-23, 04:56 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Epic 1 day 16 back and biceps. Great workout. Lots of back work with very little targeted bicep work but also lots of time bent over for different variations of rows, which got a little uncomfortable but not bad.

Appointment was frustrating. Still a lot of uncertainty and trying to put off/avoid surgery. Got a local anesthetic and also a cortisone shot. I don't want surgery (it would be another major surgery) but I also don't want to drag it out and then eventually have surgery anyway like last time.

Erica
Old 02-24-23, 06:25 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney's 45 Minute Glutes Giant Set from Work- Day 18. I really enjoyed this. Some weight work, some band work, and some step ups. I don't mind her talking so much because she is encouraging and gives form pointers.

I went ahead and ordered the 35 lb. dumbbells from Walmart. $1/pound is a good deal. Now to just make room for them.

Erica- I hope the shot helped. I empathize with not wanting another surgery, but I understand the frustration of not knowing if it will help in the long run. Hugs to you! And thank you for the info on Sydney's programs.

buffmama- Sounds like you are enjoying Jasper's workouts. I'm curious to see what he will come out with next. I wouldn't mind some longer workouts from him.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-25-23, 09:18 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan's 40 min Calisthenics Full Body from the calisthenics series. I modify her ab work to stay out of my lower back still a great workout. My sore upper shoulders from kk's power workout got worked again. Tomorrow can be cardio or legs.

Wendy - I really don't have any room for more DBs. Maybe when I use them on a more regular basis. Glad you liked Sydney.

Erica - More hugs. Hope you're feeling better this morning.

Angela - Happy weekend!
Old 02-25-23, 03:34 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Fuel Day 21 leg circuits and part of Silas' LOWER BODY MAX STRENGTH WORKOUT // WEEK 5, DAY 2 - did full RDL instead of the pulses and skipped the calf work. Both great workouts.

Wendy - glad you took advantage of the good deal on the dumbbells and enjoyed Sydney's workout.

buffmama - Caroline can really work you hard even with just bodyweight!

Thanks for the hugs. Means a lot to me.

Hi to Angela

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts