Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-23, 06:36 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi - Day 17- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. That last set of chest presses in round 4 were tough! I think I was so thoroughly worked by that point that I was to the point of failure! But I rocked the workout!
Old 02-02-23, 09:11 AM  
buffmama

KK's Booty Pump with a Band. Hard but not crazy. Now the question is do I do her BW upper or another DB upper?

Angela - Going to look at Jasper for 2 day splits. And just like that, into the schedule he goes.

Wendy - Nothing beats a good workout!

Erica - I saved a bunch of nourishmovelove's splits. Is her stuff on par with Heather Robertson? or harder/easier?

I need to get some harder pilates workouts into my schedule as I've lost some spinal flexibility while trying to get ideas for planning my classes which are all beginner. Maybe half hour workouts will mean I can mix it up more.
Old 02-02-23, 03:41 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Chris/Edi 40 MIN BEASTMODE BACK & BICEPS WORKOUT. Same format as their new beast workouts and I liked it a lot even though I don't think this one will be a favorite.

Wendy - love that you rocked the workout!!! I'll be doing that one next week and am looking forward to it.

buffmama - I think I've only done one of Heather's workouts so I can't compare her to nourishmovelove workouts. I would rate the workouts I've done as intermediate. I like them for variety - they are so different from my usual workouts. Hope you love Jasper as much as Angela does!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 08:45 AM  
buffmama

KK BW Upper 34 min. Got the whole body. Planks in every position. Less pushups than I was expecting but more than were fun. . I got in a good (but short) pilates and buff boy wants me to do a class with him. Be still my heart! Jasper is scheduled for tomorrow.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-03-23, 06:42 PM  
wendug

Happy Friday!

Yesterday was a 2 dog walk day- my dogs in the am and a client's dogs in the pm.

Today I wanted to try Nourish Move Love after previewing the workout Erica did recently. Fall Challenge Day 1- 35 Minute Legs & Glutes. Loved it! Also, I added on their Fall Challenge Day 11- 25 Minute Lower Body Supersets. Liked this one also. They move quickly and get a lot done in a short amount of time. I really enjoyed their stretching, too, with the mobility moves. I definitely will do more of their workouts. Thanks for the recommendation Erica!

buffmama- Nice that buffboy wants to do a class with you! How sweet!

Hi to Angela!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-03-23, 07:05 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Fuel Day 1 legs and I added part of nourishmovelove 45 Minute Lower Body HIIT (Dumbbells + Mini Loop Band). This was another good one by NML!

buffmama - that's the best when our kids want to work out with us!

Wendy - so glad you liked the nourishmovelove workouts! I think they are really fun and I am enjoying trying them out.

Erica
Old 02-04-23, 07:56 AM  
buffmama

Angelllaaaa! - Did my first Jasper workout this morning - Functional Legs. Great workout from the warm up to the cool down. I'm a pilates person and he made sure to move the spine in the warm up . No dread, effective, easy to go heavy when ready - I'm not ready. . He's also fun to watch during the breaks - what is he doing?! Anyway, looking forward to upper body tomorrow. I think I have him scheduled for 3 rounds of 2 day splits so far.

Erica - I know 45 min is your workout sweet spot - I'm going to agree with you. In a perfect world I think I would chose the same. For now I'm going to enjoy the splits and shorter pilates sessions.

Wendy - There was an article in The NY Times about how much people here can make walking dogs - buffboy wants to know why I went to school for so many years! . Maybe I should think about that for my retirement gig.
Old 02-04-23, 09:57 AM  
Erica H.

My workout this morning kind of stunk. I did Daniel PT's 40 min COMPACT UPPER BODY DUMBBELL Workout ( Chest, Back, Shoulder, Biceps & Triceps | No Repeat ) and didn't like it. I felt very rushed with each exercise and between sets and just didn't feel thoroughly worked out. I could play with it and make it work for me but there are too many workouts I already love to put in that effort. I was looking forward to this one because I usually love his workouts.

Then I was on my spin bike and one pedal broke. DH was a hero and replaced it right away so I could finish my workout (we had one replacement pedal here).

Plus there was all kinds of ridiculous drama going on (long story - nothing bad, just irritating).

buffmama - glad you liked Jasper!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Erica
Old 02-04-23, 06:48 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan Iron Day 10- Back & biceps. This is great to progress to after Chris & Edi. I say that because with their workouts the work time is 40 seconds. I was thinking I need to get a 40 lb dumbbell for rows. Well, after doing this Iron workout for 60 seconds of work, my 35 lb dumbbell was feeling REALLY HEAVY. It's amazing what adding 20 seconds of work can do!

I added on a quick M. Briehler 10 minute standing ab workout with cooldown & stretching just to get in a little movement after that tough Iron workout!

buffmama- Walking dogs can be fun, but when the weather is horrible it's not great. Glad you liked the Jasper workout. Yes, he is thorough with his warm-ups & cool-downs which is nice!

Erica- Sorry you had a bad workout day. It's funny, I used to dislike spending a lot of time on splits and would rather fit everything in in one go. Now I like splitting body parts up so each part is worked thoroughly. The particular Daniel workout you did sounds like it was one of those fit everything in workouts. Glad you had a spare bike pedal in case of emergency!

Angela- Hope you are having a nice weekend!
Old 02-05-23, 06:43 AM  
gigi

Hey you guys! buffmama, I'm glad Jasper is going into your rotation and that buffboy wants to join you in your exercise routines. I'm so glad you loved his Functional Leg Workout. I want to finish the Hero series then move on to Cyberpump.

I started feeling sick on Thursday. Friday I did not workout and I went home after the 6th period. I've been taking Mucinex-D, Tylenol, drinking a lot of water, and sleeping all weekend. I hate that I could not finish week 2 of the Hero series.

Wendy, I have previewed Chris & Edi but have yet to try their workouts. And dog walking, what a fun workout!

Erice, yay for DH to the rescue.

I've got to keep up with my homework today. So far I have 100% in both graduate classes! It's been work but I'm super proud of myself. This is not a fun schedule.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and week!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts