Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-23, 07:51 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, what didn't you like about the Chris/Edi lower body workout? I don't know if I'm going to try them or not and am interested in your thoughts. I have way more new upper body workouts to try than lower body but would much rather do an older one that I like than a newer one that is just so-so.

Erica
I don't like some of the moves they do. The hamstring curl where they are lying on the stomach and hold a dumbbell with their feet. It just feels awkward. And doing hydrants with a 15 lb. dumbbell behind the knee wasn't great. I think ankle weights work better with hydrants. The rest of the workout was fine, but when you have a few moves you don't really like it brings the whole workout down. I guess I could sub those moves.
Old 01-26-23, 07:57 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I don't like some of the moves they do. The hamstring curl where they are lying on the stomach and hold a dumbbell with their feet. It just feels awkward. And doing hydrants with a 15 lb. dumbbell behind the knee wasn't great. I think ankle weights work better with hydrants. The rest of the workout was fine, but when you have a few moves you don't really like it brings the whole workout down. I guess I could sub those moves.
I'm glad I asked because I'd only be doing the standing work. I almost always skip the floorwork.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 08:15 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
buffmama- When you do KK workouts, do you stick with one set of weights as she does? I've previewed some of her workouts and think she's too light on some moves and too heavy on others.
Absolutely not. Because you're right - that wouldn't be a good workout. I usually have 15-30s out and my 15 + 20lb KB. She combined curls with DLs and reverse lunges. I skipped the curls. When she goes from 2->1 DB if I'm using 20lbs, I'll often pick up a single 25 for the second set. For the second set of rows, I did them from my knees and went heavier. And I chose not to jump with a DB - I put it down first.
Old 01-27-23, 08:27 AM  
buffmama

Today was an add on to practicing a pilates class I will teach this weekend - 10 min growingananas BW HIIT. Followed by Yoga with Tim Beginner Meditation Day 6. Since the workout was short I did the pulsing lunges (I would normally do regular lunges). Perfect for what it was.

Wendy - I'm with you those floor exercises with a DB don't sound comfortable. Then again I don't even like waiter curls.

Erica - I have done a bunch of nourishmovelove shorter cardio and they were fine. I just saved a few FB strength workouts but most are mixed with cardio so I'm assuming more metcon.
Old 01-27-23, 12:01 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Day 12 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps - from Chris and Edi's Build Series. I really like this one. I might try the lower body ones soon and skip the floorwork.

Angela - hope you were able to get what needed to be done by today.

Waves to Wendy and buffmama!

Erica
Old 01-27-23, 06:16 PM  
wendug

Today I did Chris & Edi- 40 min. Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps Day 7. Like Erica, I'm able to push myself and lift heavier with this series.

Buffmama- That makes more sense to use different weights for the kaykay workouts. I wonder why she sticks to one pair?

Angela- Hope you had a great week and your masters classes are going well.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-27-23, 06:22 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Today I did Chris & Edi- 40 min. Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps Day 7. Like Erica, I'm able to push myself and lift heavier with this series.
What did you think of their standing leg work? How does it compare to Caroline or Tiff/Dan or Daniel PT? I should just do one of the workouts and see how I like it instead of constantly wondering about them.

Erica
Old 01-27-23, 08:37 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
What did you think of their standing leg work? How does it compare to Caroline or Tiff/Dan or Daniel PT? I should just do one of the workouts and see how I like it instead of constantly wondering about them.

Erica
Erica- Chris & Edi's lower body work is very straight-forward. I've noticed they don't use any additional fitness tools other than weights, so their foot elevated moves only use a weight plate, which doesn't elevate as much as a yoga block. I've never seen a chair or bench used so no bulgarian lunges. Even in the workout I did today they used dumbbells for dips (I used an ottoman). So I don't think their standing lower body work has as much variety as Caroline, Tiff/Dan, and Daniel PT.
Old 01-28-23, 09:17 AM  
buffmama

Today was another power kk. Similar moves and shorter than the last since I had to work on a new pilates class. I might do a few days of 30 min splits as I work on classes. Hard to balance the harder Pilates work I want to practice with classes I can teach (and get people back for more!).

Wendy - People must like the 1DB workouts. They all have them. I imagine it's less scary than having a bunch lying around. KK's shorter/metabolic type workouts are reminiscent of growinganannas.

Erica - Hope your DH is home safely.

Angela - How long is the class/program you're in?

Happy weekend everyone.
Old 01-28-23, 03:23 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Iron Day 1 legs with most of nourishmovelove Live 30-Minute Leg Day Workout (Slow Burn Supersets). Iron felt strange with the very slow pace - it was a good change for sure.

Wendy - were you sore at all from the chest/shoulders/triceps workout? I had some mild DOMS after that one and I rarely get sore.

buffmama - DH did get home safely - thanks for thinking of him. He got lucky at the end of the trip when it was snowing hard because he was right behind a snowplow. Slow drive but clear road! That would be hard to balance your own workouts with the classes you teach.

One of my sons just landed in Indonesia this morning - 10,000 miles away!

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts