Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-23, 09:50 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I tried a new instructor today- Jasper MacDermot- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Although it has a weird cyber theme like you are in a video game, it is a good 30 minute workout. I added on his 15 minute stretch & mobility workout, which felt fantastic. He has under 1k followers and is new to posting workouts, but I find it interesting that he lifts heavy and does mobility work. I'm looking forward to trying some of his other workouts.
I'll be doing the full body workouts! I agree with Erica the breakdowns look good.
Old 01-20-23, 05:04 AM  
gigi

I just subscribed to Jasper so I can remember to check him out. I just finished Cathe Live #302 Burn Sets: Back, Chest, & Shoulders. I still have a horrible time with push ups. I did them on the wall and was surprised at how I felt them in the correct areas. Chest, scapula, head properly aligned. Happy weekend!
Old 01-20-23, 09:51 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Daniel PT's Kettlebell Leg Workout At Home | Legs and Glutes Follow along with most of Tiff and Dan's 15 Min COMPOUND LEG WORKOUT (Wendy, I saw you post this on the Lift with Cee thread). Great workout.

buffmama - I want to try Coach Ali's workouts before Jasper's so it will be a long time before I get to them. I'm working through Chris and Edi's new rotation and I have a bunch of older ones of theirs I haven't tried yet.

Angela - nice job on the push-ups. Good form is everything!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 09:28 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did back and biceps from the first week of Chris and Edi's new program again. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 06:35 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I took a rest day since I had to walk a clients' dogs.

Today I did another Jasper MacDermot workout- 30 Minute Glutes & Hamstrings. I feel his workouts are more intermediate. You can really go heavy as the workouts are short and he gives you a full minute rest between supersets. I wonder if he will put out more advanced workouts in the future. So far it is his mobility workout that I enjoyed the most.

Also, I added on Tiff & Dan's 15 Minute Compound Leg Workout. This workout combined with Jasper's made me feel like a got a good leg day in.

And the talk about Coach Ali's workouts make me want to try his workouts, too.

Angela- I've discovered that I have better form with push-ups when I do them with my hands on dumbbells so I can go deeper. I think my boobs were in the way and preventing me from going lower.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-22-23, 08:15 AM  
buffmama

Amanda Tennant Sunday Short + Sweet Intermediate Pilates - 9 min
Caroline Girvan EPIC Day 24 FB DB - 63 min
Yoga with Tim Meditation for Beginners Day 1 - 7 min

Practiced + taught some pilates classes these last few days so I made sure to get a longer weight session in today. Used my new yoga blankets for the meditation. I think some long resistance bands are in my future as well.

Wendy - Thanks for the update on Jasper.
Angela - I totally agree on push ups, my hands gravitate towards my shoulders.
Erica - Waves.
Old 01-22-23, 06:17 PM  
wendug

DC Fitt- 40 Minute Bodyweight Bootcamp Burner. Another great cardio day! This one was tough, but Deanna sprinkled easier circuits in with the tough circuits so I could catch my breath.
Old 01-22-23, 06:28 PM  
gigi

Jasper MacDermot Hero Series, here I come! His proposed rotation is the first two days consecutively each week, then active rest, 3rd workout of the week, active rest, and 4th workout of the week. I'm going to do:
M: Workout 1
T: Workout 2
W: Cardio
Th: Workout 3
F: Workout 4

I mean wu, workout, and cd in 30 to 40 minutes! Perfection for me. Plus I like his personality and "realness." Thank you for sharing this find! If it ends up where I need a rest between the 3 and 4th workout of the week I may start on Sunday the next week with the first workout.

I napped, studied, did laundry, and light cleaning on Saturday. I went to church today and ate lunch with my dad. I came home and studied. I have some big things due Friday so I will have to be very disciplined this week when I get home. The problem is that I'm so tired. I may be able to study during my planning periods this week as I don't foresee it being too hectic of a week outside of the norm...no meetings. But, things can change.

My 103 year old grandma passed away on the 20th. The same date as my mom. I saw her last Sunday and knew she was going to go soon. She survived COVID but I believe that is what finally did her in. I'm so happy she is at Home with Jesus. Her last couple of years were rough ones.

I hope you all have a marvelous week. January is almost over!
Old 01-22-23, 06:30 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Yesterday I took a rest day since I had to walk a clients' dogs.

Today I did another Jasper MacDermot workout- 30 Minute Glutes & Hamstrings. I feel his workouts are more intermediate. You can really go heavy as the workouts are short and he gives you a full minute rest between supersets. I wonder if he will put out more advanced workouts in the future. So far it is his mobility workout that I enjoyed the most.

Also, I added on Tiff & Dan's 15 Minute Compound Leg Workout. This workout combined with Jasper's made me feel like a got a good leg day in.

And the talk about Coach Ali's workouts make me want to try his workouts, too.

Angela- I've discovered that I have better form with push-ups when I do them with my hands on dumbbells so I can go deeper. I think my boobs were in the way and preventing me from going lower.

Have a great weekend everyone!
I plan to go heavy with Jasper's workouts. I will report back after a week of his workouts as I think it may be a cumulative effect.

I like Coach Ali but the workouts end up being too long for me in the time slot I have to workout.

I too, have discovered that DB's are more doable for me with push ups. I figured that out with DanielPT workouts.
Old 01-22-23, 06:31 PM  
gigi

Quote:
DC Fitt- 40 Minute Bodyweight Bootcamp Burner. Another great cardio day! This one was tough, but Deanna sprinkled easier circuits in with the tough circuits so I could catch my breath.
I'm glad you enjoy the DC Fit workouts. For some reason, they never jelled with me.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts