Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-14-22, 09:47 AM  
buffmama

Trifecta Pilates - Plank Pilates
Tiff x Dan - HIIT Cardio, no repeats - 15 min
Danielpt Combo Full Body Strength + Abs - 45 min
Yoga with Joelle Hips + Low Back - 10 min
8 min Breath + Let Go Meditation

My first Tiff x Dan workout thanks to your praise! I see why they're a favorite - it reminded me of growinganannas which is a favorite of mine and I was just looking for others like it. Daniel's workout kept my heart rate as most full body strength workouts do.

Hope everyone is feeling well, the sun is shining where you are, and you have some fun today!
Old 12-14-22, 08:24 PM  
Erica H.

I actually took a rest day today, which almost never happens. I got sick during the night but am not sure what caused it. DH bought lettuce for me yesterday and I had it with dinner and that's what I suspect but I don't know. I threw the rest of it out just in case, which I hated to do because everything is so expensive. No one else in the house has been sick and I never go out so it couldn't be a virus and there was nothing else I ate that could have made me sick. Fortunately, I have Zofran in the house so I took that right away and I think it helped a lot. I felt normal by late morning but I always work out really early and didn't feel like starting a workout at a weird time for me. Anyway, I'm just grateful it wasn't worse.

buffmama - glad you had a good workout!

Hi to Wendy and Angela.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 07:58 AM  
buffmama

To compliment my long pilates workout:
growinganannas 12 min Tabata
Kait Coats Hips + Butt Pilates, Day 4 Heal Burnout - 10 min
Qigong with Kseny 5 min Breathing - 6 min

I think I'm trading Caroline's workout tomorrow for another Daniel or Tiff x Dan. Because most of her workouts are programs, the full body workouts are very repetitive when done on their own.
Old 12-15-22, 06:27 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I took a rest day as I had a headache that would not go away. Luckily it was gone today! Today's workout: Chris & Edi- 1 Full Hour Dumbbell Build Workout. But I didn't do the leg portion as I've already done leg day this week. So I did the Chest/Back, Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps, and Abs/Core along with the shoulder finisher. They had some technical difficulties at the end of the abs block where the picture was missing, but luckily it was back by the final finisher. I enjoyed this workout and went as heavy as I could. I had to drop some weights for the second round, but that's okay as I went heavier than usual on the first round.

Erica- I'm sorry you were sick from bad lettuce. Food poisoning & food that doesn't sit well can be awful!

Buffmama- I'm impressed with your cardio capabilities. Most HIIT & Tabata is too much for me!

Angela- I hope your week is going well before your Christmas break!
Old 12-15-22, 06:51 PM  
Erica H.

buffmama - it's nice that we have so many great options on youtube to choose from!

Wendy - I love that Chris and Edi workout for upper body (I skipped abs and legs when I did it). Glad your headache is better. I got really lucky with being sick - it only lasted a very short time and wasn't terrible. I don't know if the Zofran helped but I was really glad I had it and the horrible nausea went away fairly soon after taking it.

Hi Angela! Hope your dad is okay. I know you are looking forward to your break!

My workout today was Day 1 of Caroline's Kettlebell series (lower body) plus the first circuit from Fuel Day 21. I did these two the other day but did the full Fuel with part of the Kettlebell workout.

Erica
Old 12-16-22, 01:21 PM  
buffmama

Today was growinganannas' latest Military Monday 35 min HIIT followed by Tiff x Dan 30 min Total Body Build + Burn and a 5 min meditation. I should have probably gone heavier with this one but didn't know what to expect. I think it would be hard to build muscle with this workout.

Erika - Glad you're feeling better.
Angela - Enjoy your weekend.
Wendy - My cardio doesn't look like the fitness instructors' cardio!
Old 12-16-22, 06:55 PM  
wendug

buffmama- Your HIIT workouts inspired me to push myself today. I did Michelle Briehler's 30-minute PIYO power HIIT. Oh my...SO MANY BURPEES! But I survived. She has an hour long PIYO power workout, but I'm definitely not fit enough for that. There is no cool-down to this workout so I did my own thing until my heart rate came down and added on Mady Morrison's 15 minute daily stretch.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 12-16-22, 07:11 PM  
Erica H.

Burpees - hate them and won't do them. I get too dizzy going up and down so fast anyway. I'm sticking with that excuse but I am in awe of all of you who are getting them done!

Today I did Chris and Edi (but it was just Chris) BEASTMODE DUMBBELL UPPER BODY WORKOUT | 40 MINUTES (Build Muscle). I liked it but definitely won't be a favorite. I'll do it again once and make changes so that it works better for me but then that will be it.

It was kind of a strange workout. For one thing, Chris uses lighter weights for the bigger muscle groups like chest and back and then uses heavier weights for arms/shoulders. For example, he used 25 pounds for back rows and then 40(!) pounds for lateral raises! Also, the blocks go in order back/chest/biceps/triceps/shoulders - for one of the blocks, the chest exercise was tricep dips. I know dips work the chest but I don't know why he used dips in place of a move that would target the chest more.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Erica
Old 12-16-22, 08:56 PM  
Erica H.

A new workout for my burpee friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1fbqRK2-k

Erica
Old 12-16-22, 09:08 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
A new workout for my burpee friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1fbqRK2-k

Erica
Lol! I've previewed tons of fitness w/KayKay workouts and they look too advanced for me! Maybe I should just try one to see if I can do it.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts