Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-22, 09:23 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela, Hope you had fun at the cookie exchange! Glad you had a good workout.

I'm definitely not an inspiration. I'm a compulsive exerciser. I've had a lifetime of eating disorders/disordered eating and compulsive exercising (including exercise bulimia). I've had several major surgeries in the past few years when I had to stop exercising and I kept vowing to myself that I would fix my compulsive behavior but I just kept going back to it - starting small and then building up to where I am again today.

In addition to the workouts I post here, I do 28 minutes on the heavy bag, 65 minutes on my spin bike, and a 30 minute indoor walk (used to go outside with DH but now the weather isn't great and my depression/anxiety prefers to keep me indoors). Every day. No rest days ever unless we're traveling or I'm sick. Before my foot surgery, I would run for 78 minutes every day (which has been replaced by the spin bike at 65 minutes so I guess I did cut back a bit!).

Even when I was in the hospital after major abdominal surgery, I would walk compulsively once I was able to. The nurses always told me how great I was doing but inside I was upset because I knew it was my compulsive behavior and it wasn't healthy.

So, for me, it's not dedication. It's an unhealthy compulsion. I admire you for being able to listen to your body and take days off.

I'll probably delete this soon because I feel weird about posting it on a public forum.

Erica
I agree with Wendy. I am sending lots of love and hugs your way. After my divorce I spent two hours in the gym, but at that time it was healthy and I was eating to fuel my workouts. I was also socializing. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Old 12-11-22, 09:26 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hey there,
Although I'm not super chatty, I do so like a good fitness chat and since I'm checking out your workouts I thought I would post. Today I did Caroline Girvan 30 min Constant Cardio, a 60 min pilates workout over at the Trifecta Membership and 5 min of 4-7-8 breathing meditation. I'm doing a Pilates teacher training so have been alternating those workouts with full body and am in the process of adding in more cardio.
How does everyone pick their workouts since it doesn't seem as if you're doing a set 'rotation'?
Hi buffmama! After a tough year, I'm just trying to get in at least 4 workouts a week. I had a car accident in February of 2022 which put me out of workout commission for a while. When I started to find a rhythm again, my mom passed away July 20th, 2022. I have about an hour to and from my job. I don't like straight up cardio so this week I started with a full body weight workout (that had a high cardio factor for me). Tomorrow I plan to do lower, Tuesday, upper. Wednesday is optional cardio and Thursday will be another full body workout of some kind. I have started CG's Iron series twice and never finished it. I agree about CG's cardio. Yowza! Thanks for posting!
Old 12-11-22, 09:32 PM  
gigi

Hi Wendy! So I did have fun at my cookie exchange. I stayed up too late and had to be at church to greet by 8:15. It was a damp, cold day. I came home and got under a blanket and after a 3 hour nap, where I woke up after all sorts of weird dreams, and thinking that I was in bed I thought, "I should exercise." I didn't.
My doable plan this week:
M: Lower
T: Upper
W. Optional cardio
Th: Total Body
I already did a total body on Saturday.

This is my last week of school before break. I'm SO ready.
Old 12-12-22, 10:17 AM  
buffmama

Wendy - Cookies! What's not to love?

Erica - If the internet has helped us learn anything it's that if we're going through someone, someone else probably is also. I hope you continue to feel supported here.

Angela - I'm sorry about the loss of your mom and hope you are continuing to heel from your accident.

Thanks everyone for a brief look into your scheduling. Today I did Caroline Girvan's 1 hour Full Body Calisthenics that she posted prior to Christmas last year. It was the first time I did it and was tough and definitely had my heart rate up. I'm looking forward to mixing in her earlier workouts which I expect to be easier.
Old 12-12-22, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Leg Day! Today I did Tiff & Dan's Day 34: Superset Leg Workout from 6 week shred 2. I liked it, but Dan looked like he was really struggling with the pulses. I had planned to do the Daniel PT Intense Dumbbell & Bodyweight Leg Workout today that Erica mentioned, but after previewing it decided I wasn't quite up for it. It does look INTENSE. I will tackle it on another day when I'm feeling strong.

Another cloudy day today. I wish the sun would come out sometime as it feels like I haven't seen it in weeks.
Old 12-12-22, 06:42 PM  
gigi

Hey everyone! I did a Cathe warm up then DanielPT Fitness DB Leg Workout - Quads, Hamstrings, & Glutes from Force. THAT was a tough workout! I ended with julia.repel 12 Minute Lower Body CARs - Ankle,Knees,Hips Mobility Flow. It was excellent.
My dad is sick so I keep trying to call him. 3 days of exams until 1 then work day Friday. I have NO plans this weekend. I am FREE to just be lazy. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to that.
Old 12-12-22, 06:54 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Fuel Day 21 (legs) and part of Caroline's Kelly Series Day 1 (legs). Tough workout!

Angela - I hope your dad is okay. Lots of sickness going around now and it seems to last a while. I must have missed earlier that you have such a long commute. That's a lot. I'm glad you have break to look forward to! That Daniel workout is very tough!

Wendy - I find that Tiff and Dan's leg workouts feel like cardio for me sometimes because I'm working so hard. I really love their lower body workouts and Daniel's too. Seems like we never see the sun all winter here. When my kids come home, they will comment that they are here for a week or two and never see the sun! It is so gloomy and can definitely get to you when it's day after day.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me. This is something I've been dealing with for my entire life (literally since I was a child, unfortunately) so I've given up hope that I'll ever be *normal* at this point (I'm 55). I just try to keep making progress but it's hard to undo the patterns/thinking/behavior of a lifetime.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-22, 08:44 AM  
buffmama

I did this DanielPT 16 min HIIT after a long pilates class. Followed it up with a short hands free yoga practice at Yoga with Joelle. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-13-22, 06:38 PM  
wendug

buffmama- I have never tried Daniel's HIIT workouts...strictly weight work from him (which is excellent BTW).

Angela- My folks both have colds, too. It seems like a lot of people are sick lately.

Erica- Yes, some weight workouts really feel like cardio and get my heart rate high!

My ankle is bothering me a little since the step workout I did the other day and DC Fitt posted a new low impact cardio workout with dumbbells, so that is what I did today. For the most part I liked it, but some of the moves weren't great so I subbed my own move. I also added a little bit of impact here and there.
Old 12-13-22, 07:57 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Today I did Chris and Edi 40 MIN UPPER BODY BUILD WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS up until the core work and then I did chest/back on my own for a bit. Good workout but wasn't my favorite. I'll probably do it one more time and then be done with it since there are so many other workouts I like better. I like their workouts since I feel like I'm going really heavy and there's enough time during the work periods to get enough reps in.
Quoting myself because I did this workout again today just as I said and felt the same way about it. Good workout but not going to be in my rotation since there are so many others I like better. But I do really like their upper body workouts - I feel like I'm really challenging myself with heavier weights. I haven't done a Caroline Girvan upper body workout in a while. I should try one and see how it feels.

Angela - hope your dad is feeling better. You're almost on break!

Wendy - sorry about your ankle. How frustrating. I saw that DC Fitt workout this morning and thought it looked mostly good but there were some moves I wasn't interested in and wouldn't feel like subbing.

Hi Buffmama!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts