Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-22, 05:01 PM  
gigi

Erica, I had gotten all the way through most of it when I had my car accident in Feb. of 2022. I think I had the last week left. I started it again this summer then my mom died. I really like the Iron series. I found a great 5 minute warm up I like that actually warms up my entire body and it's all low impact: 5 Minute Warm Up. You just have to move forward through the lengthy intro and she talks at the end, which I cut right off.

Yesterday I did Iron 1 and today was Iron 2. Tomorrow I plan on Iron 3. I made sure to leave work on time which got me home just before 5. I MUST leave on time unless there is a meeting, PD, or late day we work to get certain days off. I've written my workouts in my day timer. There is one day, I forgot was a late day but I will try to workout anyway to not get off track.
Old 10-12-22, 06:14 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 30 Minute Cardio Abs + Booty Burner. This one wasn't as intense as some of her other cardio abs workout so I added on her 10 Min. Standing Cardio Abs + Cooldown. This was taken from one of her longer workouts and definitely more intense than the first workout.

Erica- I was definitely tired after all that yardwork and went to bed EARLY that day. I did more yardwork yesterday adding dirt, leveling, and adding grass seed, but nothing compared to the earlier work I did. The service for my brother is this weekend, so my dh and I will be traveling with the dogs to my parents house on Friday. I know it will be a tough weekend.

Angela- Thanks for the warm-up link- it looks good! I still like Lift w/Cee's warmup the best, but it is over 8 minutes long so it is very thorough. Lift w/Cee has a new program starting that is lifting for women over 40 that is 20 minutes long, 5 days a week. I will check it out once it starts as I love her as an instructor!
Old 10-12-22, 07:29 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'll be thinking of you this weekend. I'm sure your parents will be so glad to have you there. I hope being together brings you some comfort.

Angela - Is it stressful trying to fit in workouts on the days you work? I think I would have a hard time with that but I get anxious very easily.

Today I did a 30 minute Tiff and Dan back/bicep workout that I did recently and added my own chest/triceps/shoulders. I really liked doing the exercises on my own - I went slow and heavy and it felt very controlled. I should do that more often. I do wish I had heavier weights for the larger muscle groups, though.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-22, 06:45 PM  
gigi

Well, I'm already off schedule. I had to come home and finish my application for grad school (free through my district minus application fees, transcripts, and needed materials). It is almost 8 and I need to be in bed by 9.

I have so much to do and just don't know how to get it all done. I'm worried about the MAT (Miller Analogies Test). Gah! Progress reports, grade verifications, two IEP's to write, the MAT to study for and take by the 18th, one to two pages as to why I want the masters...

I am going to fabulous apple orchard on Saturday regardless. I will most likely skip glute day as all it is is hip thrusts...yawn. I will do day 4 tomorrow or Saturday as planned and just pick up from there.
Old 10-13-22, 07:19 PM  
Erica H.

Angela, you have so much on your plate! It seems like it's just one thing after another. I'm sorry. Glad you have the apple orchard to look forward to. We used to love doing that with our kids when they were younger. I don't do any of Caroline's rotations as she plans them because I hate the floorwork and cardio and don't do total body.

Wendy, good luck with your trip. I'll be thinking of you. I know it will be a very emotional weekend.

Today I did Daniel PT 30 Minute SQUAT MARATHON Kettlebell LEG Workout. I'm pretty sure Angela posted this one a while ago. I loved it! I don't have kettlebells so I used dumbbells. I added on his 15 minute Glute & LEG workout with Dumbbell + Band. Also very good but the band I had ready had too much tension for some of the moves and I couldn't get enough range of motion. I'll definitely be doing this combo again soon.

Erica
Old 10-13-22, 08:45 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela, you have so much on your plate! It seems like it's just one thing after another. I'm sorry. Glad you have the apple orchard to look forward to. We used to love doing that with our kids when they were younger. I don't do any of Caroline's rotations as she plans them because I hate the floorwork and cardio and don't do total body.

Wendy, good luck with your trip. I'll be thinking of you. I know it will be a very emotional weekend.

Today I did Daniel PT 30 Minute SQUAT MARATHON Kettlebell LEG Workout. I'm pretty sure Angela posted this one a while ago. I loved it! I don't have kettlebells so I used dumbbells. I added on his 15 minute Glute & LEG workout with Dumbbell + Band. Also very good but the band I had ready had too much tension for some of the moves and I couldn't get enough range of motion. I'll definitely be doing this combo again soon.

Erica
I did the Squat Marathon workout and loved it! I didn't add anything on after it though. I'll have to check out his 15 minute glute & leg workout with the band. I also looked up the CG squat workout you did a few days ago from Epic III. I'm definitely going to give that one a try as I love a good squat workout!

Today I walked a client's dogs so no official workout for me. Although I had to hold back the 80 pound shepherd mix dog when he saw another dog being walked. Phew...he's quite strong when he wants to be!

Going to my folks house tomorrow for my brother's service on Saturday so I won't post here for a few days. I know it will be tough, but it will be nice to see all my family.
Old 10-16-22, 07:41 PM  
gigi

Wendy - you will be missed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

No workout Friday or Saturday. I have not had time to study for the Miller Analogies Test as I'm taking it Tuesday morning. I can't tell if the extra stomach aches and stress are because this is such a tough year work wise or if it's more grief.

Saturday I went to Jeter Farm with a friend and had the best time even though I'm not feeling great. Allergies are kicking in big time. I stayed home today and studied for the MAT needed for acceptance into the graduate program.

Today I did Iron Day 4 and I have gotten stronger. I added some hip thrusts from day 3 and called it a workout. What I love about CG's full body is that you are using heavy weights but still getting the heart rate way up. At least I do.
Old 10-17-22, 09:43 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy - I've been thinking of you. Hope you and your family are doing okay. I know it's a very tough time.

Angela - good luck with your test tomorrow! I agree about Caroline's full body workouts really getting your heartrate up there.

Today I did Daniel's Lunge Marathon for the first time and liked it a lot. It's called a 30 minute workout but was shorter than that. I added on his 15 Minute Dumbbell LEG WORKOUT and liked it but ended up substituting a lot of moves that I didn't want to do (mostly floor work).

Erica
Old 10-17-22, 05:35 PM  
wendug

I'm back after a tough weekend. It was very nice to see my family, and I was able to see some family I haven't seen in twenty years! My dad's 89 year old aunt came up from Georgia with her daughter as a surprise. I saw all of my cousins, which is remarkable as I haven't seen one cousin since she was a teenager! My mom has had a really rough time, but she has friends that are either with her or in contact with her daily, which makes me feel better since I don't live near her. I was exhausted when we got home last night.

Today it is back to workouts, which I really needed as I ate fast food twice over the weekend on the road. Ugh! I RARELY eat fast food- usually only while traveling.

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- Full Body Cardio Kickbox & Strength Intervals. And I decided to add on Michelle's 20 Min. Low Impact Cardio Core Kickbox. I enjoyed both workouts, although the short add-on had 3 rounds of the same moves- I wish there was more variety.

Erica- Since I've done Daniel's squat workout, I'll have to try the lunge workout, too!

Angela- Yes, lifting heavy weights can really get your heart rate up. Caroline doesn't usually give much rest time so that factors in, too.
Good luck with your MAT test. Reading what you have to do gave me flashbacks to when I took the GRE and applied to grad schools way back when. It is stressful! And my allergies have been awful, too. I think maybe I'm allergic to crabgrass which seems to be all over and seeding now.
Old 10-18-22, 06:42 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy, Amazon has 35 lb. dumbbells for 28.70 right now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...leende-20&th=1

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts