Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-22, 05:32 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Caroline Girvan- Giant Killer Upper Body Workout
I really liked this workout. And, I was able to lift 25 pound dumbbells for the shoulder press. Woo-hoo!
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 05:08 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Eleni Fit- 40 Minute Cardio HIIT
I liked this workout, but I wouldn't call it HIIT. None of the moves were especially intense and I didn't take breaks. I just continued with the move while previewing the next and started up when she did. To me it was more of a LISS workout.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 06:39 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Yesterday was a yardwork day, so today I wanted to do some weight work. I decided on Caroline Girvan's Iron Series Day 6- Quads. I remember doing this workout before and thinking it was an awesome leg workout. Yes, it still is. My legs were shaking by the end of the workout, so I did some extra leg stretching after the cool down.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 05:04 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
My legs are sore from yesterday's workout and I didn't sleep much last night, so today I wanted something gentle. I did Barlates Stretch Sculpting Fusion, which was quite nice. Some stretching, but at a pace that I broke a little sweat. I'm hit or miss with Barlates workouts, and this one is a hit!
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 05:10 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
DC Fitt- 40 minute cardio kickboxing w/weights
Loved this workout. Low impact and you use 3 pound hand weights. Those weights really up the intensity!
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 05:18 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
DC Fitt- 40 minute cardio kickboxing w/weights
Loved this workout. Low impact and you use 3 pound hand weights. Those weights really up the intensity!
Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your check-ins and getting new ideas so thank you!

ETA - I love Caroline Girvan and have been doing her workouts for almost two years!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 07:31 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your check-ins and getting new ideas so thank you!

ETA - I love Caroline Girvan and have been doing her workouts for almost two years!

Erica
Erica- Thanks for letting me know you've been reading. It feels a little silly to be the only one posting here now. I don't know when Angela will be back and was thinking I might join another check-in for August.

I hope some of the workouts I've done from YT look interesting to you. I'm still a newbie to Caroline's workouts. I was SO INTIMIDATED to do her workouts, but I've become much stronger this year.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 08:07 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Thanks for letting me know you've been reading. It feels a little silly to be the only one posting here now. I don't know when Angela will be back and was thinking I might join another check-in for August.

I hope some of the workouts I've done from YT look interesting to you. I'm still a newbie to Caroline's workouts. I was SO INTIMIDATED to do her workouts, but I've become much stronger this year.
Well, if you continue posting, I'll definitely be reading. I've been enjoying seeing what you've done and what you thought about the workouts. But I understand if you don't want to.

It feels so good to make progress and feel stronger! Keep up the great work!

I've been doing youtube workouts exclusively for almost two years now and haven't touched my DVDs. It's amazing how much fantastic content there is for free!




Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 05:17 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Today is my first try of a Tiff & Dan workout. I did:
5 minute warm-up- I didn't like this. Do not start the warm up with jumping jacks. Let me ease into high impact. Not enough mobility moves to get the body warmed up to lift weights. I added some additional moves to be sure I was ready to lift.

Build & Burn Full Body Workout with Dumbbells- Although I did a quick preview of this workout, I did not realize how much ab work there is in this workout. I could probably use it as I normally just do kickboxing workouts and call that my ab-work. I used mainly my 25s in this workout, but dropped to 20s & 15s for some arm moves. I was able to use my 25s for chest flyes (or is it flies?)! Yay!
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 05:43 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today is my first try of a Tiff & Dan workout. I did:
5 minute warm-up- I didn't like this. Do not start the warm up with jumping jacks. Let me ease into high impact. Not enough mobility moves to get the body warmed up to lift weights. I added some additional moves to be sure I was ready to lift.

Build & Burn Full Body Workout with Dumbbells- Although I did a quick preview of this workout, I did not realize how much ab work there is in this workout. I could probably use it as I normally just do kickboxing workouts and call that my ab-work. I used mainly my 25s in this workout, but dropped to 20s & 15s for some arm moves. I was able to use my 25s for chest flyes (or is it flies?)! Yay!
I do the same thing about ab work. I used to work them separately but now I just use my heavy bag or kickboxing and call it ab work. I also find that doing chin/pull ups really works my abs (well, now I only do negatives because I've gained weight and can't do real ones anymore. ).

I've done a few Tiff and Dan strength workouts and liked them a lot. There's a 27 minute chest/back one I do regularly and also I like some of their lower body ones (so similar to Caroline!).

I always get mixed up on whether it's flies or flyes too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness