Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-22, 04:18 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
gigi- LOL! It's easy to post in the wrong forum. I often open up the wrong thread! Glad to hear your dad is okay after the ER trip!

Today was a stretching day. Lift w/Cee warmup then Mady Morrison Full Body Stretch.
Her stretching videos are so good!

After months of doing weight workouts on the floor, yesterday I decided to use my transfirmer as a weight bench. Which means I had more range of motion in my chest presses, flyes, lat pullovers, etc. And WOW. That extra range of motion has made me sore today! Also, I used a 35 pound dumbbell for single arm lat rows, so I'm sure that contributed to the soreness!

Wendy, it's amazing how a small tweak co an exercise an change it up just enough to challenge you so much more.
Old 05-28-22, 06:39 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Gah! Thursday and Friday - no workout. It was pouring down rain when I came home on Thursday. It was just so dark and I love hearing a strong rain come down. I intended to just rest for a moment on the couch and fell asleep. Then I got up and put on my pj's.

Friday was my last day of school and I'm reveling in the freedom of not having to get up at 5, spend so much on gas, and plan to focus on working out daily. I plan to do HR's Killer Leg Day again today. I'll post when I do. Sunday may be upper body or just cardio. My upper body is still sore from Wednesday's workout. Carline's Fuel Series starts on Monday. I will definitely check it out. My pattern is that I get super excited about a series, then I fizzle out.
I'm happy the school year is over for you and you can sleep in and do more of what you want to do! I'm curious about Caroline's new series- I hope it's good!
And I completely understand being excited for a series in the beginning, and then fizzling out. It's hard for me to stick with one thing; I need variety!
Old 05-28-22, 08:52 PM  
gigi

Thanks Wendy! I just finished HR's Killer Leg Day . I like this workout so much becasue it is strengh/endurance training. I do take a few extra rests. The warm up is longer and more thorough than HR's other workouts and the stretch is super effectie compared to her other workouts. I used heavier weights this time.

I would love to see HR workouts set to CDorner's music slections. CDorner chats WAY too much for my liking and it seems to have gotten worse in her later workouts. CDorner puts a lot of time into selecting music that goes with her workouts. I would do more of her mobility workouts if it wasn't for the constant talking. HR's music selections drive me nuts. I'm too lazy to find my own music. Also, why do I have to watch the same opening to all of CDorner's workouts. She will chat and then do her opening and it doesn't make sense to me. I guess I needed to gripe a bit tonight...LOL!
Old 05-29-22, 04:32 PM  
wendug

It's been a few days since I've done a workout. I've been dog sitting so I've been taking lots of walks. The client lives in a condo, so I don't have the option of just letting the dogs out in the yard. I don't really mind as I like walking outdoors and these dogs are so sweet. I wish all client's dogs were this nice! I'm helping another client whose dog had ACL surgery. The dog is big and strong and isn't supposed to use steps. Well, their house has steps out to the backyard. I'm needed to use a harness to help get the dog down the steps (without using his back legs) and outside to go to the bathroom. He hasn't been too thrilled with me.

I mowed the yard today, too, so no "official" workout for me since I've been so active otherwise.

Gigi- I've done one CDorner workout and I'll just say I'm not a fan. I know tons of people love her, but her style is not for me.
Old 05-30-22, 11:06 AM  
gigi

I just finished Cathe's Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body. I forgot how much I like that workout. It's a good one!
Old 05-30-22, 05:30 PM  
wendug

So today I did day 1 of CG's Fuel series- Legs. I really liked it! I used my 25s throughout except for the bulgarian lunges where I dropped to 20s. The cardio portions definitely had my heart rate UP! I had not planned to do this workout today as I didn't even realize she had started this series already. I had previewed a HR workout to do that was legs with cardio finisher to complement the muscle worked, which is exactly what CGs workout is. So I think it was kind of meant to be. Also, I bought some new weight gloves and wanted to try them out (yay- I like them!) I always wondered how Caroline lifts without gloves. My hands get sweaty and I definitely need gloves to help grip my weights!
Old 05-30-22, 07:20 PM  
gigi

Quote:
So today I did day 1 of CG's Fuel series- Legs. I really liked it! I used my 25s throughout except for the bulgarian lunges where I dropped to 20s. The cardio portions definitely had my heart rate UP! I had not planned to do this workout today as I didn't even realize she had started this series already. I had previewed a HR workout to do that was legs with cardio finisher to complement the muscle worked, which is exactly what CGs workout is. So I think it was kind of meant to be. Also, I bought some new weight gloves and wanted to try them out (yay- I like them!) I always wondered how Caroline lifts without gloves. My hands get sweaty and I definitely need gloves to help grip my weights!
I thought about doing her first workout bue decided to wait to see what the rest of the week looks like. I'm glad you liked it. I'd probably do the sprawls by putting my hands on my step.
Old 05-31-22, 05:18 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Fuel Day 2- Upper Body Circuits & Cluster Sets

I didn't think I was going to do this workout today. I previewed it while having my morning coffee and there is definitely a dread factor with this one. I SUCK at tricep pushups. I can only do them from my knees. It's like my body proportions make me incapable of doing them from my toes. And tricep dips. Oh lord...and a cluster set (6 rounds) of them. Yikes! My lower body is sore from yesterday's workout, can I even make it through today's workout?

I decided to give it a go and if I had to bail on it, so be it. But I made it through it. I must be getting stronger because the tricep dips (from my transfirmer) didn't bother me. My heart rate was in the cardio zone with this workout, and I feel great after completing it since I was dreading it in the beginning! I have a feeling my triceps will be screaming at me tomorrow, though.
Old 05-31-22, 06:36 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Caroline Girvan- Fuel Day 2- Upper Body Circuits & Cluster Sets

I didn't think I was going to do this workout today. I previewed it while having my morning coffee and there is definitely a dread factor with this one. I SUCK at tricep pushups. I can only do them from my knees. It's like my body proportions make me incapable of doing them from my toes. And tricep dips. Oh lord...and a cluster set (6 rounds) of them. Yikes! My lower body is sore from yesterday's workout, can I even make it through today's workout?

I decided to give it a go and if I had to bail on it, so be it. But I made it through it. I must be getting stronger because the tricep dips (from my transfirmer) didn't bother me. My heart rate was in the cardio zone with this workout, and I feel great after completing it since I was dreading it in the beginning! I have a feeling my triceps will be screaming at me tomorrow, though.
I did this today and thought it was challenging but I was disappointed because it felt very unbalanced for an upper body workout as far as which parts were worked. Not sure if I'll do this one again. I liked Fuel 1 legs though.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 06:52 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I did this today and thought it was challenging but I was disappointed because it felt very unbalanced for an upper body workout as far as which parts were worked. Not sure if I'll do this one again. I liked Fuel 1 legs though.

Erica
I know what you mean about it being unbalanced. This workout was very tricep heavy. But I'm used to that with the shorter CG workouts. You can't get everything in in 30 minutes. I bet an upcoming arms workout will focus on areas missed in this workout. Fuel 1 really fried my legs and they are sore today. It's a good soreness- not too bad and I know my legs were worked. I would definitely do the legs workout again.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts