Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-16, 07:41 AM  
marki64

I do not care for most of her cardio or circuit dvds. Mainly her later ones. I concur, I love Body Shop. I also really like Weights, NYC (has her best ab segment, IMO) and Muscle Definition. Split Sessions has grown on me too, but I usually split it with cardio. I like the band work in it. Muscle Up is ok. I consider myself more high intermediate when it comes to weight workouts, so hers weight dvds are good for me.

I have Lean Body Circuits, but I don't really care for it. I barely break a sweat with it and it. I know Circuit Burn is a fan favorite, but I find that to have a dread factor for me. I don't care for the repeated segments. My library has most of her dvds and I am glad I never purchased them. Plateau Buster, Cardio Quick Fix, Cardio Pump are very intermediate and boring. Lift: extremely boring.

I do have her Step Boxing one on hold and ready for pick up at the library. Hopefully I will like it. I think Kelly was at her best and more advanced with her 1st few, IMO. I love her step dvds. I think she has gone more beginnerish/intermediate through the years.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 07:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I agree that one thing I don't like about Circuit Burn is the repetition; sometimes I will quit the workout after the first time through.

I acquired Trim Down in the past year, and although it's not my favorite (I don't enjoy Kelly alone as much, and I miss the old studio with the windows), I do like it. I really do enjoy Kelly's boxing (not step-boxing)--the first workout from TLC is one of my all-time favorites, and I like her Kickboxing as well. I also find the cardio from Start Here fun; I just wish it were longer (which is odd from a non-cardio fan!).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 08:35 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I do not care for most of her cardio or circuit dvds. Mainly her later ones. I concur, I love Body Shop. I also really like Weights, NYC (has her best ab segment, IMO) and Muscle Definition. Split Sessions has grown on me too, but I usually split it with cardio. I like the band work in it. Muscle Up is ok. I consider myself more high intermediate when it comes to weight workouts, so hers weight dvds are good for me.

I have Lean Body Circuits, but I don't really care for it. I barely break a sweat with it and it. I know Circuit Burn is a fan favorite, but I find that to have a dread factor for me. I don't care for the repeated segments. My library has most of her dvds and I am glad I never purchased them. Plateau Buster, Cardio Quick Fix, Cardio Pump are very intermediate and boring. Lift: extremely boring.

I do have her Step Boxing one on hold and ready for pick up at the library. Hopefully I will like it. I think Kelly was at her best and more advanced with her 1st few, IMO. I love her step dvds. I think she has gone more beginnerish/intermediate through the years.
Yes. I had Plateau Buster and gave it away. I found it boring as well. I had another cardio workout of hers that I also didn't like and gave that away as well.

I'll give Circuit Burn and Lean Body Circuits a try. If I don't like them, you'll see them on "Share the Wealth"!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 12:51 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I see she has downloads on her website. I guess that isn't like on demand, right?
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 10:20 PM  
JENILU

i know its not on your list, but did you look at Strength and Stamina? It looks like a more advanced workout to me (i have been perusing them lately as well, but i am not advanced)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 12:12 AM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
i know its not on your list, but did you look at Strength and Stamina? It looks like a more advanced workout to me (i have been perusing them lately as well, but i am not advanced)
I did the second workout on this DVD on Monday and thought of this thread (true vidiot!). It has a nice balance of upper and lower and since she does each set three times you get some good muscle work in. She does use a kettlebell for the "breaks" in between circuits, but Sam shows the moves with a dumbbell.
It's a keeper for me.
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 12:19 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
I did the second workout on this DVD on Monday and thought of this thread (true vidiot!). It has a nice balance of upper and lower and since she does each set three times you get some good muscle work in. She does use a kettlebell for the "breaks" in between circuits, but Sam shows the moves with a dumbbell.
It's a keeper for me.
Would you consider it more intermediate or advanced? (and thankyou!)

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 09-28-16, 07:08 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Jenilu: You make it whatever level you want. The heavier you go, the harder it is. It's an awesome workout - probably her best.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 07:32 AM  
LoveVA

I have not looked at Strength and Stamina. I'll have to check that out.

I did Circuit Burn this morning, the combined workout. I really liked it. She does show some advanced modifications for the cardio bursts, which I liked (again, lazy exerciser here). I'm glad I got this one. I didn't have time to do the abs portion, so I'm going to add that at the end of one of my Cathe HiiT workouts that I have planned for tomorrow.

Now to go check out Strength and Stamina.....
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 01:35 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I have not looked at Strength and Stamina. I'll have to check that out.

I did Circuit Burn this morning, the combined workout. I really liked it. She does show some advanced modifications for the cardio bursts, which I liked (again, lazy exerciser here). I'm glad I got this one. I didn't have time to do the abs portion, so I'm going to add that at the end of one of my Cathe HiiT workouts that I have planned for tomorrow.

Now to go check out Strength and Stamina.....
LOL, so happy to help

Tags
circuit workouts, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, strength