Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-15-23, 10:05 AM  
buffmama

I liked Caroline's Trisets so much I figured I should look at other workouts released around that time. Today I did FB DB 1 Hour. Great workout. Focuses on large muscles. Volume seemed good without being excessive. The FB workouts from Epic also seem more along the lines of what I'm looking. Looking forward to repeating those.

Wendy - It hadn't occurred to me that KK is more cardio in her weight work. But since I end up a sweaty mess, I can only agree. Maybe I should up some of my weights though for the other workouts...

Angela - Slaying your workouts!

Erica - Maybe I should start by pairing Daniel's lower body with an upper body workout. But I get exhausted just thinking about it!
Old 01-15-23, 06:21 PM  
wendug

I took a rest day yesterday and I needed it! My glutes were so sore from Michelle's lower body metcon workout. It didn't seem especially hard while doing it, but WOW, did I feel it the next day!

Today I did CG's Fuel Day 12- Antagonist Upper Body Workout. The lat raise staple had my shoulders burning!

Erica- It is a good problem to have too many choices of workouts! I noticed in the GD thread people are complaining that Lift w/Cee has removed workouts. I think she still has some advanced workouts posted, but not as many as before. But it is her page and she can do what she wants! I might just have to throw in Daniel's squat marathon workout this week. I really enjoy that one. I don't remember much of the lunge marathon, maybe I should do that one instead? Yes, it is good to have choices! And I don't swim anymore. I don't have access to a pool, but I have been tempted to join a gym just so I can swim laps.

Buffmama- I've noticed KayKay loves to throw in swings, full body movements, devil presses and such so the cardio factor goes way up with those moves!

Angela- Hope you were able to get some rest this weekend.
Old 01-15-23, 07:16 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
My glutes were so sore from Michelle's lower body metcon workout. It didn't seem especially hard while doing it, but WOW, did I feel it the next day!

I noticed in the GD thread people are complaining that Lift w/Cee has removed workouts.
Now I'm wondering if I should try Michelle's workout - sounds very effective!

I'm always worrying about instructors removing their workouts. I'd be very sad to lose them!

I have the EMG/nerve conduction study scheduled in 9 days I was hoping to get in sooner but that was the earliest appt. they could give me. I'm absolutely dreading it and trying to stay distracted but it's so hard when my foot/leg bothers me all the time. I just want to get this over with and find out what exactly is wrong and what can be done. I've been trying to avoid stress eating but today I caved and ate all the foods.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 10:57 AM  
Erica H.

I ended up doing Michelle's lower body metcon workout that Wendy did the other day and loved it. I did goblet squats in place of calf raises just like she did. I didn't use enough weights on the hip thrusts but I'm planning on doing this workout again soon and will increase weights.

Are there any youtube workouts anyone can recommend that are similar? This one was perfect for me - very little floorwork (I hate floorwork) and no burpees or getting up and down other than the hip thrusts, which were minimal.

Erica
Old 01-16-23, 12:07 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I have the EMG/nerve conduction study scheduled in 9 days
Now it's 16 days. DH has to go out of town that day and it's just too complicated for me to go for the appointment on the same day - have to go with him to get a rental car along with other things so I rescheduled.

Erica
Old 01-16-23, 06:01 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Turbo Jam- Kickin' Core. So fun and great ab work on the ball.

Erica- So glad you liked Michelle's workout. Unfortunately I think that is her only workout like that. I like that in her metcon workouts she encourages you to go as heavy as you can. A lot of metcon workouts use light to moderate weights. Sorry you had to move your appointment. The anticipation is the worst part; it's better to just get it over with.
Old 01-17-23, 09:28 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Day 19 FB DB with Complex. Lower body work done mostly in trisets dropping weight.

Rushing off but that lower body workout by Michelle looks good. Any FB workouts like that?
Old 01-17-23, 11:04 AM  
Erica H.

I did Chris and Edi's back/biceps work from week one of their new series (Day 3?) and really liked it.

Angela - hope you had a nice weekend and were able to get back to your tough schedule today!

Wendy - I am anxious to find out diagnosis and treatment for the nerve damage. I got injured in May 2021, tried six months of conservative treatment before surgery in December 2021. It's so discouraging to be almost two years post-injury and still have major problems.

buffmama - I'd love to try some workouts similar to that new one by Michelle too!

Erica
Old 01-17-23, 06:26 PM  
wendug

buffmama- Michelle does have a full body metcon workout in the same series. I haven't done it, but will probably do it soon.

Erica- I do like that Chris & Edi Back & Biceps workout. That's the workout that made me realize I need new wrist weights to be able to do 17 pound bicep curls. I did look at some wrist weights today at Marshalls, but they had complicated velcro d-rings that would make it difficult to put on quickly. I was tempted to get a 45 pound Spri kettlebell in a nice lavender color that was $50. But I thought better and I would prefer a 45 pound dumbbell. Marshalls did have a lot of nice leggings all under $20. I try to hit Marshalls & TJ Maxx stores in January as they usually have great fitness bargains.

Today's workout - CG Epic Heat Day 7- Flaming Legs. It wasn't completely in the 2-1-none set up I like, but very close. And my legs were burning!

Angela- Waving!
Old 01-17-23, 06:49 PM  
gigi

Hello! I'm popping in to say I did not workout yesterday since I was off. It turns out the doing it first thing upon waking is the best method for me. Today I did Coach Ali Gains Leg Workout. I had to stop right before the Split Squats do to time constraints. I was surprised that I had to take extra rests to catch my breath and recover. I went pretty heavy. I have another leg day planned so I will either do that planned workout or finish this one then add in some cardio. We shall see.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts