Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-13-22, 05:21 PM  
wendug

This summer heat in May has me unmotivated. But I did get in something today.

KCM- Lean Kickboxing workout from Strong & Lean
Old 05-14-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

Vera LaRo- 40 minute full body dumbbell workout- Strong Day 36

Also, I usually do Move with Cee's warm-up as I really like it!

I'm starting to not hate renegade rows, so I must be getting stronger.
Old 05-16-22, 05:34 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a yard work day. When I woke up today, my upper body was so sore after Vera's workout & working in the yard. After a bit of moving around, the soreness started to go away. Yay!

Today's workout was a little more planting, plus Les Mills Invincible #13. And I rounded it out with a 10 minute glute workout from Boho Beautiful. That 10 minute add on was tough after all the lunging in Les Mills!
Old 05-16-22, 05:39 PM  
gigi

Tonight's workout was HR Killer Leg Day. It was a fantastic lower body workout. 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest. Each exercise was performed for 3 sets. It has some unilateral work in there as well. I had to take extra rests. The stretch was more thorough than usual. The only con was the music was even worse than normal. But this workout gets an A+.
Old 05-17-22, 05:45 PM  
gigi

I saw this on facebook: "Six months from now you can have six months of excuses or six months of progress." I am using this for motivation becasue it is so true. I'm also not forcing myself to do cardio or workouts that I hate or that hurt my lower legs.
Tonight I did Cathe Live #234 Strong Express Upper Body. This is a great workout that I really enjoyed. It was tough. Then I did three Get Fit with Rick workouts:
10 Minute Fat Burning Workout which is a blast and is a little sweat fest (1600 steps).
Jackson 5 10 Minute Workout which was just fun and kept me sweating (1400 steps).
10 Minute CD/Stretch
which I really enjoyed. The only thing was he talked about locking the legs out to feel a hamstring stretch and that is not safe in my opinion. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stretch.
Old 05-18-22, 02:26 PM  
jetlitis

5/15
jessicasmithtv:
1 Mile Walk and Talk Let's Move (16m)
1 Mile Walk and Talk The Power of Momentum (17m)

5/16
Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles: Belly Slimming 2 Mile Workout (30m)
(Back pain issues this morning.)

5/18
The Firm: Abs, Buns & Thighs with Stacey Millner-Collins (46m)
(I made the workout harder by omitting the dowel and by using heavier dumbbells.)

The past week has been rather difficult for me. Easier workouts are just what I need now.)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 05:18 PM  
gigi

Penny Barnshaw 5000 Steps Walking Workout with Ankle Weights. This was fantastic. I did it with the ankle weights and it kept my heart rate up and left me a sweaty mess. I'm learning to find cardio workouts that are good for my body yet challenging. This was perfect and tough! I followed that up with Cathe's Boss Bands Glute & Core Stretch.

Tomorrow I work until 6 so I won't get home until late since I have close to an hour commute. My next workout probably wont' be until Saturday. School is out May 27th. I am so ready. There is so much paperwork to do at the end of the year as a special education teacher.
Old 05-18-22, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Tonight's workout was HR Killer Leg Day. It was a fantastic lower body workout. 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest. Each exercise was performed for 3 sets. It has some unilateral work in there as well. I had to take extra rests. The stretch was more thorough than usual. The only con was the music was even worse than normal. But this workout gets an A+.
Thanks to your recommendation I did this workout today. I like the set up of doing 3 sets in a row of the same exercise. I was a little wobbly on the unilateral work, but not too bad. But you are right that the music was awful. I basically turned the volume way down so I barely heard it, but I still wanted to hear the timer bell. This is the first HR workout I've done although I've previewed many of her workouts before. I liked it and should incorporate more of her workouts into my routine.

I also edged my front flower bed today for about an hour, so I might be a bit sore tomorrow.

I missed my workout yesterday as I had a late afternoon dr. appointment that was not close to home and with road construction and traffic it took me forever to get there and get home. But these things happen...just gotta go with it.
Old 05-18-22, 05:25 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Thanks to your recommendation I did this workout today. I like the set up of doing 3 sets in a row of the same exercise. I was a little wobbly on the unilateral work, but not too bad. But you are right that the music was awful. I basically turned the volume way down so I barely heard it, but I still wanted to hear the timer bell. This is the first HR workout I've done although I've previewed many of her workouts before. I liked it and should incorporate more of her workouts into my routine.

I also edged my front flower bed today for about an hour, so I might be a bit sore tomorrow.

I missed my workout yesterday as I had a late afternoon dr. appointment that was not close to home and with road construction and traffic it took me forever to get there and get home. But these things happen...just gotta go with it.
Yay! I tend to like her lower body/leg workouts.
Old 05-19-22, 05:45 PM  
wendug

KCM- Cardio Fit- Hi/Lo workout + bonus RAW stepboxing workout

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts