Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-22, 07:28 PM  
ChelePA

So as you all know I have an imbalance in both upper and lower body due to the accident. Left shoulder/arm. Right leg/knee/ankle. I think there may always be one but who knows. Great advice to try to strengthen around those areas. Just like when people think they have lower back issues. Many times it’s tight hamstrings/hips or even strengthening the core that will help.

Easter morning I warmed up with a shorter premix from Cathe’s mobility workout then I did such an awesome cycling class. I actually did it live because I read a Facebook post about what songs she was including in the class. All 80s. Popular MTV videos. It was so much fun and the time flew by! Finished with a 10 minute beginner standing yoga class.

Today on my Peloton schedule: 10 minutes core. 30 minutes legs and glutes. It was squatapoolooza. Yikes!!! Added on a 30 minute treadmill walking class since the weather was yucky.

We had a nice quiet Easter this year. Since half our family went to my brother’s and the other half to my sister’s . It was great to have some quality time with my nephew who is away at college. My daughter worked all day which was very strange. She forgot to take it off so she didn’t join us until 4 PM. She was aggravated when she learned she wasn’t getting holiday pay. Haha.

Manleym… we watched Coach Carter after the 76ers playoff game. Basketball is my favorite sport and we all really enjoyed that movie. Thanks for the recommendation!

Bee… congrats on getting through that workout. Today the peloton instructor was talking about how easy it is to quit before the finish line. Saying once we do it then it becomes almost a habit. It gets easier and easier to stop early. He was saying this can roll over into every day life, not just our workouts. He tries to push everybody to try their best until the end. He said it much better than I am. But good for you for sticking with that tough routine!

Hope everyone has a good night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 10:31 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton core and upper body strength. Low impact cycling class followed by full body stretch.

Snow coating our grass. Kim…any accumulation for you?

Think spring
Old 04-19-22, 11:41 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did my 3-mile hill walk yesterday. I still love it, but I need to branch out and try some other routes. There is a hiking trail nearby that I can walk to. Maybe later this week, depending on the weather...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 12:48 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

I did Iron Series- chest and triceps today and it was a good one.
Yesterday, I did Iron Series -legs. My legs were trembling with the finishers.

VF- I did a five mile hike on Sunday. I hope you enjoy your hike later this week.

Chel- thank goodness no snow here!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 02:19 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Peloton core and upper body strength. Low impact cycling class followed by full body stretch.

Snow coating our grass. Kim…any accumulation for you?

Think spring
YES, we got about 5 inches, probably more but it was very heavy and melting by the time we woke up. CRAZY! I'm pretty sure my daffodils are dead now (at least I got to enjoy them for a week or so). Not sure if the forsythia will make it since they had already bloomed and I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that our redbud tree didn't get totally wrecked. It has not bloomed in past years because of cold, but this year it seemed like it wasn't even close to blooming yet, so maybe it will be spared. There are a couple of magnolia trees that I see on my drive to/from home and I'm certain they have been destroyed from blooming this year. I was glad at least Scranton only got a dusting so I can still enjoy the blooms on my way to work even if my own yard is ruined.
Old 04-19-22, 02:46 PM  
manleym

Bee funny about Coach Carter being on your son's radar. And c'mon mom - I mentioned it already...another thumbs up from ChelePA so sounds like you'll be watching it soon.

Cataddict I'm not sure it's the same Nancy. Probably not, but we can make up a really good story about it being the same person since they both have the same name and are in Cathe workouts. She probably was just a participant, and not the same person, but what if?????

Kittybug that's so weird you, Bee, and I all have the same elbow issue on the same side!! I wonder what move caused it, or if it's just from repeated use?

ChelePA your Easter morning workout sounds perfect! Who doesn't love some 80s music?!? Bust out the hairbrush!! As hubby says, you know you're old when the music in the grocery store is your jam. Glad you were able to spend quality time with your nephew. That was nice and you probably wouldn't have had the ability to do that in a bigger group. I bet your daughter will ask off Easter next year. Wink!

VVFer yay on your 3 mile walk. Let us know when you do the trail.

Horusosiris Iron Chest and Triceps is my scheduled workout today, along with a 30 minute Cathe LIVE kickboxing. I did I that legs workout yesterday and my legs were jello too.

Kim that is CRAZY about the snow! We saw on the news last night that North Dakota had about 4 feet! YIKES! Sorry about your daffodils and hope you don't lose alot more. Our daffodils have finished blooming (wish they would last longer) but the iris's are about to burst forth. They don't bloom long either.

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 02:58 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Monday - since I didn't do Caroline's Sunday workout I combined it with the legs workout from yesterday. I always look at her Optional Add-On workout to see if I'm interested and luckily I had already done them, so it was a good day to combine. But boy, was I feeling it afterwards! I started with her 5 Min HIIT Warm Up (GREAT! I like this one better than the one she uses for each workout and there really aren't any HIIT moves, so not sure why she has it in the title) Then I did her IRON Series 30 Min Back & Biceps Workout - Rows, Curls Day 10 (GREAT! Biceps were screamin'!) followed by her IRON Series 30 Min Dumbbell Leg Workout - Calves Included Day 11 (calves and finisher - burners! WOW!)

As if that weren't enough, I decided to pop in Weider's XFactor ST and did week 5. I have done week 1 & 2, previewed week 3 & 4 but didn't want to do tuck jumps, etc. so I moved on to week 5. It was a good workout; easy to sub or modify moves; but these workouts lack a fun factor for me; just seem "more of the same" and I just haven't clicked with them. I can see myself doing them once and not reaching for them often. Finished with XFactor ST Yoga (decent stretch/mobility)

Since I was off yesterday, I went to HPB. I took XFactor ST with me in case I wanted to exchange it for something else since I'm not really feeling the love, and I found Miranda's Essentrics Aging Backwards 2 Connective Tissue Revealed. Even at HPB her dvds are pricey.

Today will be IRON Series 30 Min Upper Body Chest and Triceps Workout Day 12 +CL #358 30 Minute Kickbox Express. We'll see how it goes!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 08:45 AM  
ChelePA

Kim… sorry to hear the crazy spring snowstorm ruined your flowers and hopefully your tree will bloom.

Manleym…80s music will always be the best in my opinion. Comb in back pocket and crazy hair. What’s not to love!

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes core. 10 minutes full bodyweight strength. 10 minutes yoga flow with focus on floor poses. Kat Gates-Buettner 10 minutes rebounding. Cathe’s Rock’m Sock’m timesaver premix with modifications for high impact. I really like this one and it’s easily modified.

As you know my daughter is pretty easy going. She borrowed prom dresses from my niece but unfortunately the one she really liked we would have to alter. My niece who has since graduated wasn’t sure if she wanted to wear it again so that was a no go. My sister thought it was ridiculous since who’s going to wear their prom dress again. Haha. Much to my surprise my daughter agreed to go shopping last night. First time I’ve been to the mall since my accident. She found a dress and I’m not kidding stuffed behind a rack. Last one and her size. Lucky we have someone who can do a hem easily. Another bonus the dress was on sale. Her friend actually went to New York City to get the best of the best as well as a few classmates. They spend $800 plus. Then need alterations, shoes, etc. Easily over a thousand dollars when all is said and done. So crazy to me and my daughter. Glad I have a budget minded girl.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 04-20-22, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - your daughter reminds me of when I was looking for a wedding dress. I just wanted a simple short, white dress. I found one on sale for $80. It was perfect.

My workout as posted in the Dustbunny thread:

Yesterday, I did Susan Powter's Building Strength. I think I've posted about this one before. It is a good workout. She does basic exercises at a moderate pace. No "creative" or compound exercises. She mostly does 3 sets of usually 10 reps, so one could go fairly heavy. She gives good form pointers. There is stretching in between moves.

I don't know why, but I find this workout very relaxing!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 02:16 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear friends...quick drive by post. It seems like I never get enough time!!

I've been working through Caroline's Epic 1 series alternating with Cathe or whatever DVD I pull out. LOL.
Just did Day 5 HiiT Full Body Workout just after doing Cathe's Live 391 PHA Supersets #3. Wowza!!

First of all, 391 was wicked enough! My HR stayed way up. Love those PHA workouts!
Epic Day 5 Hiit was killer! Burpees, plyo and lots of pulsing bodyweight moves.

I am loving Caroline's workouts. Yes you all said I would.
Even without instruction, they have been amazing. I kind of wish she would have some talking but I'm ok without it.

Going back to read posts. AMAZING workouts all of you!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in