Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-21, 03:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

looking for a VF post about thigh or hip band

i'm looking for a post i read recently - i thought it was from a recent thread, but after looking at 5 pages of threads, i couldn't find it, so maybe it was an old thread where i read it from a tag search.

anyway, a VFer explained how she wore the hip band* and walked 100 steps (50 one way, 50 back) each day in her home and it strengthened her hips and stopped a lot of lower back and hip pain.

*worn around the upper thigh or hip area

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 05:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I haven’t seen that post, but sounds like monster walks with a resistance loop. My PT has me doing them for glute strengthening. You can wear the loop around your thighs, ankles, or the arches of your feet. The lower your wear them, the harder they are. Lots of short videos on YouTube if you search “monster walks”. They are hard & they work you! I’ve been doing 200 hundred a day, 100 around the ankle, 100 around my feet. Good form, as always, is very important for your knees.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 06:12 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Found this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
The best glute toner I've found is using a circular resistance band around my thighs (above the knee cap) and doing side steps, in a semi squat position and standing upright (mix them up) for at least 100 steps. I've done this three times a week for at least 18 months and my 57 year old booty is tight/toned. It reactivated my lazy glute that is something I have to constantly battle due to scoliosis (yes, just one glute lazy because of it).
From a "Favorite GLUTE workout" thread:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=228293
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 09:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I haven’t seen that post, but sounds like monster walks with a resistance loop. My PT has me doing them for glute strengthening. You can wear the loop around your thighs, ankles, or the arches of your feet. The lower your wear them, the harder they are. Lots of short videos on YouTube if you search “monster walks”. They are hard & they work you! I’ve been doing 200 hundred a day, 100 around the ankle, 100 around my feet. Good form, as always, is very important for your knees.
Thanks Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Found this post:

From a "Favorite GLUTE workout" thread:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=228293
This was the one! thanks!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty bands, hip strength, resistance loops