Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-07-21, 07:24 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I had Labor Day off for the first time since 2002 (we always start classes on Labor Day at my school, but this year they decided to change the schedule so that we could have it off). I did as little labor as possible , ate whatever I wanted without logging my food, and ended up doing no formal workout (though I did make it to 9,000 steps doing a segments of CH Elite: Rope & Ride throughout the day). I would have gotten in more steps but while I was walking around my back yard in the evening I came across a copperhead snake. There is a creek way back in my yard, so I'm always vigilant about snakes. I had not seen one all season but I have been seeing a lot of deer. In my first lap around the yard I was way in the back corner looking in the woods to see if I saw any deer so I was distracted and not paying close attention to the ground around me. The copperhead actually made a noise to alert me of its presence (and then rose up like it was going to strike) and I'm very grateful that it did because it was about 4 feet ahead of where I was standing, in my path, and I would have been in danger of stepping on it. After that, it was no more laps for me cause I high-tailed it into the house! And then I decided that it was a holiday, so it was ok if I didn't make it to 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk, even if it was short. Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I hate when that happens. I have a Fitbit Alta HR, which had been discontinued. Now they have a model that does less than this one, and one that does more (probably more bells and whistles than I would be interested in), so when this one goes kaput, I'll have to figure out what devise to use next. Hopefully, I'll get a lot more use out of it.

Waves to All!
Old 09-07-21, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I never did do any exercise yesterday. I had some errands and DS and his gf came for dinner so that kept me busy. I am hoping for a walk today.

CAMBET, good step total without a formal workout. Glad you were able to enjoy a day off your way. Yikes on the snake though. I wouldn't be going out to my backyard for a long time after that.
Happy to hear you made it back inside safely. Thanks for the info on the fitbit.
I don't need a lot of bells and whistles either.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 07:30 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Other than doing a few segments of CH Elite: Wild Horse during the morning, I never did get in a formal workout. I had meetings at work starting at 1:00 and didn't get home until after 6:30 pm. I was exhausted and whereas I can usually muster the energy to take a walk around the yard, because of the snake siting day before yesterday, I was not even willing to try. Hoping to get back on track today.

SB - Sounds like you had a nice time with family (good for you!). Hope you were able to get in an enjoyable walk yesterday.

Waves to All!
Old 09-08-21, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

46 minute outdoor walk

I was one town over yesterday on some errands so I decided to walk in my favorite park. It was a glorious day. Hoping for another walk today before more rain comes in

CAMBET, I totally support your decision not to walk in your backyard yesterday.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-09-21, 07:15 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I ended up not getting in a workout yesterday. I didn't get home from work until almost 6:00 pm, and while my mind was willing to consider a workout, my body just wasn't having it. I'm going to chalk this up to beginning-of-semester busy-ness/exhaustion and cut myself some slack. I did decide that I'm going to start PIYO, and I even previewed the Align workout (the first one about using proper form), but that's as far as I've gotten. I just need to get adjusted to my new faster-paced schedule. I'll figure it out.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk, and in a favorite park, no less! We had really bad thunderstorms yesterday morning between 5:00-7:00 am. The thunder/weather was so loud/bad it woke me up out of a deep sleep. Hope the rain didn't prevent you from getting in a walk!

Waves to All!
Old 09-09-21, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I walked to the P.O. and back. It was nice to have a destination and different route for some variety. I am hoping to walk today if the weather cooperates.

CAMBET, PIYO sounds like a good fit for your schedule right now. Rest up when you can! Loud heavy storms frighten me.
Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-10-21, 07:35 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I continued my pattern of being too busy with work or otherwise exhausted to get in a workout. TGIF! I'm going to see what I can do this weekend.

SB - Great job with your walk. It is nice to have a destination. Though I'm not actually exercising in them, I am enjoying the cooler temps.

Waves to all!
Old 09-10-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workout or walk yesterday. It was a wet crappy kind of day. Hoping to get out there today for a nice walk.

CAMBET, hope you find some inspiration this weekend. Even though I didn't have a workout to report I didn't want to leave you hanging alone here. It seems we're holding down the fort here this month. Hope everyone is ok.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-11-21, 07:32 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a very intense day that ended with me getting home from work and vegging out on the sofa for a few hours while eating chips and candy (that I stopped off on my way home to buy ). It's funny, me and the other 3 members of the Italy crew were planning to hang out at this outdoor eating place yesterday evening but we all ended up bailing cause we all said we were exhausted (I bailed first; going back out after I got home really wasn't even an option for me). I'm very glad it's the weekend.

SB - Wet crappy days are not motivating for exercise. Hope you were able to get in a walk yesterday. Yeah, I noticed that it seems to just be you and me for the moment. I usually get distracted from posting when the school year gets underway, but I'm going to try to stick with posting, even if I'm not actually exercising. I don't want to leave you hanging either. Are you ok with just the two of holding down the fort? I also hope that everyone is ok.

Waves to the others!
Old 09-11-21, 08:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk

It was a lovely day. I am planning another walk for today and hopefully more.
My sister also came by for a visit yesterday and we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine.

CAMBET, thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm fine with just the two of us but I don't want to put added pressure on you since you have enough going on already with the new school year. I'm sure the others will be back at some point hopefully.
We can re-assess in a bit if no one returns and you get too distracted and overwhelmed with your other responsibilities. But I'm definitely good for now as is

Have a wonderful day!

Tags
vera laro