Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-21, 10:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: the first 3 miles of 5 mile Mega Walk. Mile 2 had stretchie band UB toning with the feet moving.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 08:54 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 7,153
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 06:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 2 miles outside, with some minor hills.
Old 09-16-21, 07:07 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Zanna van Dijk's 21-minute upper-body with mini bands workout, and I also got about 12k steps, mostly tramping around Ikea.

I have decided that I truly dislike Ikea. It's very stressful. They force you around that maze and subject you to viewing a disorientating amount of merchandise, and then you have to go track your choices down yourself in the warehouse at the end. Also all three of the AirBnB's we've been to here (including this apartment that we have just rented) were clearly furnished at Ikea, right down to the 3-piece ceramic cactus sets and round metal side tables. I hate generic anything. So glad that we kept our art and other decorations and that they will be here eventually. We have to find a place for our studio stuff before we can ship. We will need some furniture, but it won't be too bad.
Old 09-16-21, 08:32 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I had a lot going on today. No walking today due to rain. I got my steps in, though.

Cheryl I have never been to an Ikea. I don't guess I have missed out on anything, LOL. Good luck with getting everything set up.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-16-21, 08:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I know just what you mean about Ikea. There are a few things, well maybe 2, that I really like there. Duvets and big plastic bags with handles. For bedding, I use a duvet in a washable cover instead of a top sheet and comforter. Ikea has excellent duvets, very low prices, and in a variety of weights. The bags are just right for hauling things to Goodwill or the church shop. I needed both of them this summer and I was thrilled to learn that I could get them delivered for $5.99. Worth every penny. The nearest store is in East Palo Alto, about a 90-minute drive. Years ago, on the choir tour of Scandinavia, it was amusing to hear the neighboring countries' jabs at Ikea which is Swedish. Like their town hall was built by Ikea.
Old 09-17-21, 08:55 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 5,028
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-17-21, 02:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 3 mile walk & firm w/ Leslie.
Old 09-17-21, 04:29 PM  
seabliss

Cynthia, that's very funny about the local view of Ikea! I had a friend who was from Sweden, and she didn't think much of it either.

I don't love shopping anyway. In the States I tried to do as much of it as possible online. I'm going to have to figure things out here. Maybe some local shops. I can buy from Amazon Spain or Germany if I can ensure that they'll actually drop off the delivery somehow (we have a locked three-apartment building). Portugal delivery is famous for being frustrating, haha.

Weird things about Portugal: the bathroom lights are always installed outside the bathroom. So if you need to go in at night, you will probably wake up anyone else there turning on the light before you can close the door. Also, they don't seem to use washcloths. I'm having my sister bring me some (she's coming Sunday). I like to get my face clean. Just quirks in a very lovely place.

Some good quirks: Mall foodcourt food can be homemade and quite delicious. As can rest stop food on the highway. They have big catering dishes full of homemade food. Yesterday at the Ikea mall, DH and I had a heaping plate of rice, black beans, fried bananas, filet mignon pieces with bacon and cheese, fries (they always do two carbs), and sausage for seven euros (less than $8). We shared a half-size bottle of wine for about three euros and sat out the outdoor deck. In the distance we could see the ocean and a lighthouse flashing. It was lovely.
Old 09-17-21, 08:15 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Food sounds wonderful.

Check-In: CS 823 Stretch & Strengthen Lower Body, 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana