Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-21, 09:55 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

DH and I were talking about our next vacation. We think we are going to do a staycation. DH has a lot of friends who he helps and sometimes he feels he doesn't have time to do the things he wants to do. The plan is to tell his friends that he's on vacation on a particular week and then he can sleep in and do the things that he wants to do, while staying in the comfort of his own home. Maybe I can convince him to take a vacation once a month. LOL

Yesterday I went for a 15 minute walk
Steps for yesterday: 6,651

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 02:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

If only my staycation had room and maid service.

Rest day on Dr's orders after knee injection.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 06:20 PM  
seabliss

Yesterday I ended up with more than 13k steps. Today I did a Heather Robertson inner/outer thigh no equipment workout, and I walked more than 12k steps.

Tomorrow is our long-term residency appointment. A little nerve-wracking, but hopefully all will go smoothly. No workout probably for the weekend. We are taking my sister to see some of the area south of here. I will probably get walking in, though.

Diana, it's funny that your DH is retired and still needs a staycation! He sounds like a nice guy who is always helping people out.

Cynthia, glad you are getting some cooler weather coming. I hope the injection helps!
Old 09-23-21, 06:36 PM  
lynnf

Hi, we had a nice holiday as the weather was gorgeous and the barley soup fabulous. Of course catching up while work went on without us was hard. Unfortunately work stops for mainstream holidays, but not these. Did barre 3 today. We have one more two-day holiday (quadra-fecta) to go next week and then things normalize.

My brother wrote that the hospice nurse cannot believe how well my mom is doing. They probably are going to take her off hospice care. They are also going to take out the tube that was inserted to drain her lungs since she no longer accumulates fluid around her lungs. Don't know why it stopped doing that. Mom was able to go to my brother's beach party for several hours and had a great time. Pretty amazing. She has this angel-aide and I don't think it would have gone this way without this aide, who virtually never takes a day off. She showed up just when my dad was dying -- so that was a blessing that we didn't fully realize we were being given then, but we realize now.

Cheryl, how nice your sister is visiting! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I'm sure it will go fine.

Diana, I agree with Cheryl that it's funny that your DH needs a staycation from retirement! He sounds like a total sweetheart.

Cynthia, hope the knee feels better!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 07:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I finally had a chance to go swimming! It was nice. We will be heading back home tomorrow. DH asked if I wanted to stay the weekend but I have stuff to do and want to go to church on Sunday. I do like getting away during the week, like we did this time.

Lynn That's wonderful news and an answer to prayer that your Mom is doing well.

Check-In: swimming

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-24-21, 06:20 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.

Diana, have a safe trip back. Glad you got in some swimming.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 08:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, that aide is indeed a blessing. How lovely that your mom is enjoying things and is better too.

Cheryl, rooting for you -- let us know how t goes.

Diana, yay for swimming. Did Cody go with you, or to doggy vacation?

I lacked energy today, and the Dr's instructions did say 24 to 48 hours rest, so this was another day off.

If you wouldn't mind praying/sending healing thoughts: my best singing buddy went back East to help her sister, who needs prayers. The sister's name is Diana. On Labor Day, she was at a water-slide park with her family. The man in front of her stopped on the slide, held on, what a jerk. Diana slid headfirst into him and broke her neck, the C5 vertebra. Fortunately she is not paralyzed. The hospital sent her home in a neck brace. MRI next month or so to see if the break heals itself or if she will require surgery. Recently she was temporarily unable to swallow. She homeschools her 2 tween kids.
Old 09-24-21, 08:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

We're back home. The only thing left is washing/drying/putting away clothes. The luggage and stuff has been put away.

Cynthia Cody traveled with us. He has actually never been to any type of doggy daycare or hotel type place. I will pray for Diana. What a crazy thing to happen.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-25-21, 06:27 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Cynthia I prayed for Diana this morning. Keep us updated.

Steps for yesterday: 7,274

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-25-21, 07:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Diana. I will email my friend tomorrow or Monday after tomorrow night's rehearsal, to keep her updated and to ask after her sister.

I think it's been my sinuses dragging me down. Took a decongestant today and feel so much better.

Check-in: the weights chapter of Walk it Off in 30 Days.

I'm actually going out tonight. DD has to work on my birthday (Monday) and then has a weekly Trivia game at a local pub. She got us tickets to the Judy Collins concert in Monterey for my birthday present.