Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-21, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! OH I'm so happy it's Friday. Last night I managed:

~ LWR BYB Day 5, 7 Minutes Get Fit Cardio
~ Getting Better, chest, tris and bis only
~ 50 butt bridges and a series of 45 clamshells / leglifts with the hip circle

Rose - LOL - I have a pancake booty too. Sadly, what I had redistributed to my outer thighs. What kind of soft roller did you get?

Donna, those piriformis type routines are definitely good even if you don't have it. Hopefully for a preventive measure. Tucking the lower back is awful. I think tucking during my history of old school aerobics and then barre made my back worse. When I was in PT, the Pilates instructor discovered my low back was frozen in that position and she spent a lot of time teaching me to release it.

Summer Breeze, did you venture out? I sort of hope not. You must have a lot of ice with the melt off and refreezing.

Hoping Christina and her family are okay ...
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 09:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

A couple of unexpected things popped up yesterday that needed my attention so I got de-railed from my exercise. It's probably just as well I didn't walk, as I was driving on my errands, the roads are still so narrow and a lot of the sidewalks looked unsafe.
I may try later, I'm not sure yet.

DONNA, pilates and walking are always a good plan. When I had my back flare-up in 2019 the dr x-rayed my back and said I had degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my back. Any kind of forward bending moves always tweak my back. In addition to possibly more snow Sunday I did see the deep freeze coming in too next week.

ROSE, glad the softer foam roller is working much better for you. I haven't checked out MR's new website yet but there are still complaints about it on FB! I don't understand why she can't seem to get a handle on the streaming.

PAT, nice job with your workouts. You and ROSE seem to like Getting Better. I think that's one of the few MRs I don't have. I haven't been out walking all week and I miss it. Not sure if it's safe enough to be out there yet.

Hi CHRISTINA. Hope all is well.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Scoliosis - Full Routine - this is on her paid site and has exercises similar to the shorter programs she has on You Tube but longer and a bit more thorough.

DD and I may walk today - so that is why I went w/ just Pilates this morning. It looks like this may be our last opportunity to walk for awhile - tomorrow snow/rain/ice and then freezing temps for next week.

Summer Breeze - probably for the best to avoid walking in dangerous situations. I know what you mean - I have to be careful w/ forward bending as well.

Pat - Oh yes - the tuck - and all the sitting we do does not help that at all. Jessica V's stuff always includes tons of bridges, clamshells, etc. I guess it is her PT background shining through.

Christina - I hope you are well....

Waves, Rose!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk (yah finally!)
60 kettlebell swings

It was well into the 40s yesterday and I couldn't resist a short walk in the neighborhood. It wasn't icy at all and there was very minimal traffic so it worked out.
I may try for another walk today before the next snowstorm which is due tomorrow.

Waves to all! Have a great day!!
Old 02-06-21, 08:00 PM  
Rose

Hello! Today:
Booty Burner Day #17?
Margaret Richard Muscle & Grace Upper Body- one of my favorite Margaret lines when she give form pointers for working the chest on one's back "Imagine your arms are around a big barrel. We all have experience with putting our arms around a barrel" and then laughs
Denise Austin's 15 minutes Kick Boxing Cardio Blast- It wasn't terrible.

Pat Ouch about your back. All from tucking? I have anterior pelvic tilt so I try and tuck. Here's a link to the foam roller. It feels great on my glutes and side but it's too soft for my hamstrings and almost too soft for quads. https://www.amazon.com/OPTP-PRO-ROLL...83861579&psc=1

Summer Breeze Yay on your outside walk is right! Margaret seems to love her Body Electric program. What is going on with her team that they can't seem to make it work? Getting Better is one of my favorites. She just gets down to work.

Donna Thanks for the Leslie link! Oh, wait, that was the piriformis link. Donna, I think my foam rolling caused a flare up because the roller was too hard. The new roller is too soft for some things and just right for others. I wish you luck!

Christina I hope you and your family are feeling better.

Enjoy the weekend
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

36 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

The snow has started already today so I need to find an indoor workout. Maybe today's the day for MR?

ROSE, nice job with your workouts. That's funny that your opinion of Denise's workout is "not terrible" I was able to access MR's new streaming site so that's good. All I need to do next is one of the workouts. lol

CHRISTINA, hope you and DD are doing ok.

Hi DONNA & PAT!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-07-21, 09:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry - I used the wrong link for Leslie's calendar -

https://yourdailywalk.com/

I am just using it as a mileage guide - since I own so much content from Leslie and other "walkers"!

Yesterday my DD and I got out for our walk - which is good b/c it is snowing today and next weekend will be really cold here...so....

Today was my Margaret Richard day!!

I warmed up with:

CS 1113 - this was an all standing episode

And followed up with:

Margaret Richard - Give me Strength Workout # 1 - I was not expecting this one to be a full hour long workout - I don't know why, LOL! But It was complete, total body. I did skip the glute exercise (bridges) mainly b/c we did bridges for hamstrings. It had been a long time since I did this workout and I found it challenging at times. I did love the outdoor scenery though.

Summer Breeze - maybe today is your MR day, too?! Let us know how the new website is.

Christina - hope you are doing well

Waves, Rose and Pat!

Donna
Old 02-08-21, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, Leslie's schedule called for 3 miles - but I don't have the workout she had listed for today - Walking Off the Pounds - I think it is may be a newer release that came out when I was feeling I had just about all the Leslie I would ever need - mind you, that didn't stop me from buying Miracle Miles or Walk 15...but...

Anyway...I decided to go through my DVD collection and stumbled up on a Denise Austin walk....

Fat Burning Walk -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fiDTuPZUCE

This was a 30 min walk and then some ab toning - so it wasn't really 3 miles - if I'm substituting something else for Leslie I go by 15 min = 1 mile.. So, i think I will try to squeeze another mile in at lunch today.

But - this workout wasn't bad. Denise was subdued and the time went by fast.

In general, i really like the concept of Denise's workouts - it is just that sometimes she gets over the top! LOL!

But, she is a fitness inspiration for sure....

I finished off with

Blessful Body -Pilates for Hip Strength - this was some Pilates/some yoga-inspired stretching. It was short, under 15 min so it worked well.

Interestingly, I am not sore from Margaret Richard's workout yesterday - maybe Pahla kept me in shape, LOL!

Hope everyone did ok with the snow- our storm was not bad - it was warm enough so that most of it melted and none of it stuck on the driveway. It was really pretty when it was snowing, though.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-08-21, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings
planks

Also about a half hour of shoveling with DD.
We got another 6 or 7 inches of snow so not too bad. The neighbor did the driveway and side walkway with the snow blower again thankfully. So the mountains of snow are growing. It's all pretty cold today and icy so I may pass on the outdoor walk.

DONNA, wow nice job on an hour long MR! Yes Pahla must be keeping you in good shape. That's great. Still hoping to get to MR one of these days. ETA -- It's funny I've been thinking of trying a couple of my Denise workouts lately. Definitely have to be in the right mood for her. lol

Hi PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA!

Have a great day.
Old 02-08-21, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I had a pretty crummy weekend and got nothing done Friday or Saturday. As Friday wore on I got progressively more fatigued and Saturday I was a basket case - it felt like a mild case of the flu but with a horrific headache, and my arthritis flared up. I've been googling to see if you can get such a delayed reaction to the COVID vaccine (ten days later) but can't find any info on it, only day after reactions.

Yesterday was better, I accomplished Day 10 of Lucy's BYB challenge, 20 minutes walking intervals; 30 butt bridges; helped with the shoveling.

It's horribly icy up here. Did you get a lot of snow Summer Breeze?

Rose, my back is a mess from sitting too much at work, and other things, but tucking really did a number.

I lost so much time because of Saturday and Sunday - got to run - stay safe and be well everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx