Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-21, 11:03 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
At this point in my life (I'll be 65 later this year), exercise is necessary to try to preserve my quality of life. The amount and type of exercise I'm doing doesn't affect my weight - it hasn't for probably the last 15 years or so. That's purely about my eating habits. When I lost weight last summer and fall (30+ pounds), PahlaB was my mainstay for exercise, but it wasn't about her exercises. It was 100% mindset and food intake.

Exercise keeps me happy and decreases my stiffness and pain. I recently re-subscribed to Barre3 after a long absence and am finding that it fits the bill for low impact and light weight workouts these days.

Carol
It's the same for me. It's all about the food intake regarding weight loss. I have to find that sweet spot, enough to relieve stress so I don't stress eat, but not so intense it makes me hungrier.

One of my main reasons for exercise is to minimize stress, anxiety, and depression. Exercise makes it manageable and I don't need medication. Part of that stress is due to aging, and exercise helps with that too. It gives me more strength, mobility and balance. I don't feel so helpless, like there is something that I can do for my health.

Another is my hearing loss. I started losing my hearing in my mid-40's. Each year I would lose more hearing. Once I started exercising regularly at age 53, my hearing loss was reduced significantly. In fact, I haven't lost any hearing in the different tones in the past few years. I kick myself that I didn't start with exercise sooner!

Unfortunately, I am losing word recognition, because my brain isn't recognizing the words as well. I'm supposed to read aloud to myself once a day, to help with that. But I keep forgetting. I can barely remember to take my medicine and do kegels regularly, lol. So many preventative things to do as we age!

I think all of this is why I'm really attached to Jessica Smith's workouts. It was her workouts that relieved financial stress, anxiety and panic attacks after I lost my dog, reduced my hearing loss, helped me lose weight and toned my muscles. I have a real emotional attachment to her workouts and her as an instructor. I know that I become defensive when she's criticized, which I try hard not to do. I'm working on it! But her workouts mean a lot to me.

Tags
appetite, high rep, journaling, menopause, outdoor walking, results, steady state results, weight loss