Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-21, 03:14 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Catching up from last week, Sunday I went for an outdoor walk/run (I wasn't planning on improving my time but I did from 45 to 43 minutes!) and Pure Barre Resistance #3, chosen by design because that's the easiest of my Pure Barres and I was pretty wiped from the Cathe Muscle Endurance on Saturday. Then I finished with Cathe Stretch Max for a total 95 minute workout!

Mon-Tues planned rest days

Today: 10 Minutes to a Better Body DVD (upper chapter) with Cindy Whitmarsh for a 35 minute workout. I used 4-5-6# weights and it was my first time trying 6# with my wrist and so far so good! I liked it but she relied a lot on high impact cardio. I think it would have been harder if I could have used heavier weights. I liked that there was some abs at the end.

I will probably skip the lower chapter on 10 Days to a Better Body because I don't usually like to work exclusively lower body (I mean the lower body is already being worked with the cardio/plyos she had me doing today!) but I still have JNL Fusion 10 Minute Total Body and 10 Minute Solution Get Fit mix on my list then I think I'm done with the numbers for my Alphabet Tour! Then I can finally move on to the As LOL.

GD has a lot of talk about two new Cathe DVDs, where she uses the heavy cloth booty band loops! I have been using those for barre work, and it's so much harder than the rubber loops, so excited to see Cathe's take on them (and just the fact that more new DVDs are coming out)!

Eventmom and Buzzer Since we've all done Ttapp lately, I meant to say the other day, doesn't she look a lot like Joyce DeWitt (Janet) from Three's Company? LOL.

Well I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I paid $50 for a habit tracking app? I used it for a few days then fizzled out, so cancelled the subscription although I have it for another 5 months. Thankfully even before I cancelled they refunded me one of the $50 charges, I didn't think I was supposed to be charged both. However, I am still looking for some kind of accountability tracker/app/coach or something (my eating has been really bad lately and the scale is climbing up slowly) so I decided to try out Nerd Fitness coaching. Have you guys ever heard of them? I've followed their newsletter for a few years. They make a lot of Star Wars/Harry Potter/etc jokes and give pretty sensible diet/exercise advice. They offer a coaching app with a live coach that you interact with for diet/exercise/lifestyle goals and it is $192/month or cheaper if you commit to 6 or 12 months. That's definitely an investment for me, but I decided to commit to one month and will see how it goes. Apparently there is a 1-2 week waiting list where they look at my questionnaire and pair me with a coach based on my goals, so I haven't started yet. If I don't like it, oh well, at least I explored that avenue. If I do like it and it gets me back on track with my nutrition and the outside eyes on my 'lifestyle' (stress level, time management, etc.) are worthwhile, then great! As part of the cost, they also have you send them videos of exercises (like me performing a squat, pushups, etc.) and give you form pointers. I told them in my questionnaire I'm happy with my routine and not interested in overhauling my workouts (more interested in diet accountability), but I will take advantage of the form pointers, why not?

Eventmom Yes I think I've done level 2 on that Callanetics DVD and I'm not even sure I've done level 3 but it has to be like the Extreme workout!

I am okay on the Madeline Lewis stretches. I still end up doing a little of my own thing, but enjoy her calm presence and the beautiful outdoor settings.

I used to have a Sarah Ivanhoe DVD a long time ago, I think a Crunch Fitness Joy of Yoga or something? And everyone on VF called it Joy of Downward Dog or something because of course of all the downward dogs LOL. I didn't end up keeping that one.

Buzzer It sounds like you really have a solid routine and motivation focusing on Ttapp! That's great! I'm glad you've been able to reduce puffiness...mine has been really bad with the poor eating lately, UGH I'm so frustrated! I have actually been dry brushing consistently for a few years. I really like it! It gently wakes up my skin in the morning. I've been off and on about doing it on my face (I do it regularly on the rest of my body) because it used to make me break out a little bit, but I haven't had breakouts for a few years now, so may try it again. It's supposed to be good for lymph drainage in your face, and to help promote new skin cells and reduce 'aging.' I didn't used to really worry about aging, but I feel like my face has aged lately-I just look tired all the time-so it's something that's on my mind again.