Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-13-21, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Quickie for now: got home last night after a week in Indiana with my family. I did run two times and went for one walk but that was the extent of my fitness quest. I ate a bunch of desserts and hope Friday's weigh in won't be too painful! This week will be a reset getting back into my routine. I will run this week and next week I will resume my rotation. It was a good week but it's good to be home!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 07:37 AM  
SandyO

Welcome home, Vannie!

Helen, I sewed clothes for my kids when they were little, till maybe 5-6th grade. It's a good skill.

buff, I'm liking the looks of the short classes Caroline G is posting this week. I think I'll do them next week. I know Caroline J is too chipper and chatty, but she makes effective workouts, so that's my choice for this week.
Old 07-15-21, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I know Caroline J is too chipper and chatty, but she makes effective workouts, so that's my choice for this week.
Sometimes chipper and chatty works. Sydney is definitely chatty. I can see where it might be easier to push yourself when you only have the voice in your head to go by. Liked today's leg workout - weighted work followed by BW HIIT. Reminds me of Tracie Long.
Old 07-20-21, 07:54 AM  
buffmama

This is what I wrote about today's workout. Today was a Caroline hodgepodge that ended up being a total body workout. Sydney hasn't has isolated shoulder work and oddly enough I've missed push ups. The manmaker hiit made it obviously on the Renegade rows how much I was losing my form at times as EPIC progressed . I didn't increase my weights throughout EPIC so I guess my only option would be to lower them even more than I did as things progress. Seems like it might make more sense just to stop at that point or do shorter workouts. Always trying to figure out how much I can increase intensity without losing form and I'm never sure. Finding that 'just right' spot is tough.
Old 07-22-21, 09:20 AM  
Vantreesta

I just found my Halloween workout!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKN...l_U2_3&index=4
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 12:26 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I like it. The previous owners left a pumpkin in front of the house. It rotted, and a plant grew this year which I moved to our back compost area. There is a pumpkin started, so I will do this workout on Halloween using my home grown pumpkin.
Old 07-25-21, 08:03 AM  
SandyO

It's the last week of July coming up. I'll probably pick whatever morning looks like the coolest least humid morning for my 5k.

Have fun everyone!
Old 07-25-21, 08:42 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
It's the last week of July coming up. I'll probably pick whatever morning looks like the coolest least humid morning for my 5k.

Have fun everyone!
Is it 'cheating' if I use my 5K time from Monday nights race? I have a race weekly for the next 4 weeks, in the evening, on the beaches of Long Island. Followed by free beer apparently. They had spots for 2500, only about 1600 registered. Where are the peoples? You did have to make a separate trip to get your race number, but still...
Old 07-25-21, 12:54 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Is it 'cheating' if I use my 5K time from Monday nights race? I have a race weekly for the next 4 weeks, in the evening, on the beaches of Long Island. Followed by free beer apparently. They had spots for 2500, only about 1600 registered. Where are the peoples? You did have to make a separate trip to get your race number, but still...
I figure it's virtual, and most virtual races give a window of time, so Monday is great.

You would think people would be so excited to finally have in person races it would fill fast. The trail races here fill right away.
Old 07-25-21, 02:12 PM  
buffmama

Great! I'll post tomorrow's time - heaven forbid I ran twice in one week.