Old 06-01-21, 10:03 AM  
sherry7899

Kinetic flix closing down

It just showed up in my Facebook feed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:26 AM  
horusosiris

I also received an email notice. I was a member of Kineticflix years ago before the original owners sold the business. I am going to email them with a few DVDs that I want to purchase from them. I hope that the price is right.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:34 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I also received an email notice. I was a member of Kineticflix years ago before the original owners sold the business. I am going to email them with a few DVDs that I want to purchase from them. I hope that the price is right.
Do you have to be a member to have a chance to purchase some of their DVDs? I looked at their website and it nothing about closing or selling DVD.
Old 06-01-21, 10:43 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Do you have to be a member to have a chance to purchase some of their DVDs? I looked at their website and it nothing about closing or selling DVD.
I do not believe that you need to be a member to purchase their "business closing" DVDs. Below is a portion of the email about the business closing.

We'll miss you, but it's time to say goodbye...
For those that have remained loyal customers, we appreciate your business and your devotion. We took over KineticFlix four years ago with optimism and drive. All of our fantastic customers kept the business going in spite of the many obstacles a company such as this faces. Thank you for hanging in there with us, but we know that it is sadly time to say goodbye. We will officially stop renting discs at the end of June, 2021. With that said, we do have a large selection of used Dance, Sports, and Fitness DVDs that will be available for sale. If you were in contact with us during any part of this past year, you would know that our online inventory database was wiped out. We have an excel sheet that we've been slowly updating to match our barcodes and disc titles, but it's been a lot of work finding over 10,000 discs to place back into circulation! We are happy to work with you in locating any discs that you might want that aren't yet placed back into our database. If you have requests for purchases, please reach out and we will be happy to assist you in this matter.
Thank you again for your loyalty. We've enjoyed getting to know our customers and this business. It's been a fun four years!
C & J Parker
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 02:30 PM  
Pam

Thanks horusosiris for letting us know. It will be fun to look at their list and try not to purchase too many!
Old 06-01-21, 03:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sherry, thanks for letting us know. I also was a Kineticflix member before the original owners sold the business. I was able to try out a lot of different DVDs so I would know which one(s) I want to purchase.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 03:28 PM  
bubbles76

If anyone is in contact with the owners, let them know there is interest in buying their dvds. I would buy a few I'm sure, to support and fill any missing holes in my collection
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 04:37 PM  
Mickey12

I am not a member but I sent an email yesterday and got a reply today. In the contact tab there is an email address. The response I got was they will begin selling the DVDs probably next week. They have not set prices yet, but likely will be between $5 and $15 depending on the condition and dvd. They wanted to make sure I knew the DVDs were used and did not have the original case.

They asked for an email listing the DVDs I wanted to buy. I was looking at the site yesterday and they have quite a few good ones, including Beach Body workouts, although I think they are sold as individual DVDs, not as a set. Hope that helps.
Old 06-03-21, 07:09 AM  
Vantreesta

I should probably never have opened this thread. I started looking last night. I don't know why I started with Z but I made it to the Power part of the alphabet and already have a list of over 40. How are there even that many that I don't have?? Obviously I will have to whittle the list down.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 12:36 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I should probably never have opened this thread. I started looking last night. I don't know why I started with Z but I made it to the Power part of the alphabet and already have a list of over 40. How are there even that many that I don't have?? Obviously I will have to whittle the list down.
I know, right? There are a lot of good ones. If they charge $5 each, I could ring up a pretty high bill quickly!

Tags
kinetic flix, kineticflix, kineticflix.com