Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-21, 02:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans! I had completely forgotten it was Valentine's day when I posted yesterday. We do not celebrate it though funny enough we had a candlelit dinner Saturday night because we found we were suddenly alone -- which never happens!! So that was a fun surprise for Surprise Saturday. Sounds like you guys had some nice celebrations -- the dinners sounded so yummy!! Funny about Burger King, Kim.

Oh yes, Texas -- poor Texas! I saw footage from the wreck -- just awful, and then this morning I saw that 2.5M are without power in those freezing temps. Yikes. At least when stuff like that happens to us, we are sort of used to dealing with it.

I need to remember "Metabolic Monday" -- I made mine "Mellow" because I think I will need a break after Sloggin' Sunday, but these last couple of weeks I did legs, so could probably handle a metabolic. At any rate, I did a Rudy yoga from Udaya today -- "Elvis Pelvis". I think I tend to not hold my pelvis correctly -- at least that's what we focused on when I was in PT -- so I thought this would be good for me. It was continual reminders of how the pelvis should be, what the front of the body should be doing. It was great actually.

I am hoping to take a walk outdoors later. We have a very foggy day and it's fun to walk in that when it's not too cold. I have a zoom with a friend at noon. Haven't talked to her in quite a few years, so it'll either be really good catching up or it'll be really awkward with nothing to talk about.

Waves to everyone!
Old 02-15-21, 04:08 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

For Valentines Day all of our family members had a secret valentine. Most packages arrived prior to valentines day but you could not open it until yesterday. I received a framed collage of family get-togethers, Dallas Cowboy memorabilia and home made chocolate chip cookies. We had to then guess who our secret Santa was. Of course, with the postmark on the packages, it made it easier to figure out.

Manelym- I did Growing Aannanas' 30 minute leg workout yesterday and liked it. Those wall squats at the end were a challenge but I made it to the end without stopping. I did her 30 minute Hiit workout (no repeats today). I was just okay. It was 50 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest. I am not sure hwy she said 30 minutes in the title because it was actually 41 minutes.
Mickey- Amy's Cardio Pump is an old one. I can not even remember the last time I did it.

Kittybug- we are expecting another shovel max later this week. Spring is indeed on the way and I can not wait.

Manley and Mickey- I will join you for Double Down.

Chel
great job on resisting the M and M's

Manelym- are you thinking of moving to the sun shine state for all of the great fishing? Have you ever been fly fishing? I love fly fishing. The like watching the Movie '"A River Runs Through It," just for the fly fishing scenes and of course Brad Pitt even though he was not actually the one who did the casting.

Cataddict -
I liked your valentines dinner- so romantic!

Here is to a great Tuesday for all!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 07:15 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

For Valentines Day all of our family members had a secret valentine. Most received the packages arrived prior to valentines day but you could not open it until yesterday. I received a framed collage of family get-togethers, Dallas Cowboy memorabilia and home made chocolate chip cookies. We had to then guess who our secret Santa was. Of course, with the postmark on the packages, it made it easier to figure out.
What a great idea. You have such fun activities with your family.
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 07:22 PM  
lavna

Hello everyone!

The temperatures are closer to normal but it's our turn to expect snow this week: about 6 inches tomorrow (and wind) and another 6 inches Friday. I have someone plowing my driveway so thankfully not much Shovel max for me!

Yesterday was Live 214 TBGS #2 followed by LITE abs #2. I'm not too sore today, just a little stiff!

Glad to see everyone is doing well!
Stay fierce!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 07:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, snowy cold Monday Watulans, and more snow is on the way. I think we're getting an entire winter's worth of snow this week. Maybe that means it will be over soon. I heard about the catastrophe in Texas on the highway. So terrible!!

I'm terribly busy with work and tax crap and shoveling this week so I'll keep this rather short and try to catch up with all your wonderful posts another time. Today was Shovel Max (yep, again) followed by Katami I Am Change 1 (following the level 3 guy) and then the rope stretch. I started I Am Change 1 thinking hey, this isn't feeling too bad, but by the end that had morphed into "This is only the FIRST workout? What does the last one look like???" Needless to say, I really liked it and all the options offered! But the ROPE stretch (or a strap, which is all I had on hand) was SO EXCELLENT! I'm a fan!

Stay warm and well fed and happy and FIERCE, Watulans! Hugs to you all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 07:44 AM  
ChelePA

Hoping everyone is staying safe with this crazy weather. We had some sleet and freezing rain through the night but all looks okay for today.

It's amazing to me how many of us have pets that needed surgery for swallowing the wrong stuff. Bee...your story made me LOL. Didn't realize how common it was. I had so much guilt over Winston...I put the treat down and turned my back for a second and he swallowed the whole thing. It was a harder piece of jerky and probably too big for a puppy. He's never had an issue in the past but I always watch him too. I feel like I should have known better. I think I cried straight for 24 hours. Watching him struggle to breathe...I thought he was going to die in my arms. As you can tell, I'm still so upset. Taking it day by day...his personality is slowly returning.

So Monday, I continued to keep my workout light and chose another timesaver premix from PRS #2. It was around 30 minutes. No final product.

Two for Tuesday was a combo of instructors. I thought I would preview Kat's new step workout in case the foot work was tricky. Planned on doing it for Fun Friday since I don't have the one chosen. But much to my surprise, I picked up the choreography quickly despite spinning and moving around the step. She teaches in layers so well. It was really fun with awesome music as always. I think I will do it again for Fun Friday I enjoyed it so much. It was an express workout at around 40 minutes. Definitely intermediate even with raising my step height. So I decided to add on Caroline Girvan's 15 minute standing abs using dumbbells. This one was more compound...hitting core and upper body in unison. I then noticed she had a 20 minute HIIT workout also using dumbbells and thought this would be a nice finisher for my doubles day. Loved it! No repeats and it's a full body workout. If you choose the right weights (I'm still figuring this out for Caroline), it's a very effective short workout.

So as you all know, I'm not a huge fan of weights unless it's more metabolic, PHA, circuit, etc. I do include heavier weights but it's not my favorite. I prefer to keep it short and sweet. I realize weights are very effective in shaping your body...just look at Caroline and Cathe. For those who use heavier weights and have done programs focusing in this area, have you seen lots of changes? I'm just wondering if I can get some decent results doing shorter workouts. My plan once I get back on a regular sleep schedule was to do Growing Annanas' 30 minute body weight HIIT workouts and then include one of Cathe's premixes...alternating cardio, weights, etc. I will probably mix in Caroline and possibly Heather too. I need to sign back up for Cathe Live one of these days. My husband did the free trial and I canceled so as to not get charged for the combo deal.

Horusosiris...my husband is a Dallas Cowboys fan too! Loved your Valentine's Day family celebration. Very creative and a nice way to stay connected.

And all your food posts make my mouth drool. Love pierogis and chili too!! My family not so much...there's something wrong with them...haha.

Happy Tuesday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 07:55 AM  
ChelePA

So Kat mentioned that she did rebounding classes in the past. I asked her if she would consider doing some on her channel since she's the queen of awesome music. She sent me a message saying she's recording shorter 18 minute workouts starting tomorrow. I can't wait! They will be great add ons .
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 10:44 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys!!!!! Happy Tuesday. Happy bad weather days, happy Valentines, happy Watulan Warrior Day!
Today was ONLY -16 when I got up. Only. Have actually had to go out and start the car 2-3 times a day just to keep the battery charged. Cold is supposed to break after today.

I am amped up!
Guess what I FINALLY did today? Cathe's Cardio Fusion!!!! Eh was scared for nothin'! Fun stuff and although I got a wee bit lost on a combo or two, once they are all put together is fantastic. I was dripping and had so much fun (we're the kids in America...whoa-oh)!
Thank you all for convincing me to give this one a go. My legs are tired but my heart and lungs are happy!

Yesterday I did Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump Scrambled Mix. New to me and wicked good!! That one alternates lower and upper. Next time I may do the longest mix that scrambles and adds in the core work. Totally feeling it today, especially my glutes and calves. Made all the stepping today a challenge.

horusosiris: I like Cardio Karate too but didn't know they were all on YouTube. I will have to go check those out. I used to have a couple but traded them. Of course now I wish I had back. HUGS to you!

cataddict: REALLY liking 4x4 and they are getting harder for sure. I am not doing them as a "proper" rotation..just doing my own.

Garrie: Yes! A P90x rotation would be awesome! SO many options and different rotations. I have been feeling the urge to revist them too. FYI: Before I post my message I copy everything, just in case I get booted out.

Kim: I almost did PRS2 again today. I still haven't found #1 yet. I think I traded it but didn't take it off my list. Heehee.

ChelePA: Yay for Winston! And thank you for your post about posting in this forum. It certainly cheers me up and I love reading about how fierce everyone is. Oh yes, everyone!

Hi to Nathalie, kittybug, bee, manleym and ALL. You are totally amazing! Hope all you Southerners are ok with your wicked weather. Take care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 12:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Happy Two Tuesday! I do not know how you guys in the extreme cold handle it!! I guess you sort of get used to it? Yikes!!!!

Chele, those wee ones sometimes just don't know what they shouldn't be doing!! My cat was young when it happened, too. The funny thing is that at that point in my life my house was the cleanest ever -- I really kept up with things and had a cleaner, etc., so it wasn't like I really needed to vacuum more often. But he found them somewhere I guess!! I'm glad to hear Winston is seeming more himself every day.

Oh, on the heavier weights..... honestly, I think I like my physique better when I don't do a *lot* of heavy weight workouts -- some sprinkled in, but body weight seems to do me good -- at least on the upper body. I think my lower body is fine with heavier weights. I'm not sure this helps you!

horusosiris, I also liked hearing about your family Valentine's celebration -- how fun! Very sweet.

I had a short Two Tuesday today..... I did that Caroline Cardio Blast with Weights -- whatever it was called -- that you guys liked. It was fun, but I knew I had planned to do an upper body after and I was worried I wouldn't be able to! I cannot believe how much weight that little gal can hoist around!! I went much lighter. Well, especially toward the end. After I caught my breath I did her beginner upper body that's bodyweight only, with cobra pushups as every third move. Toward the end I was cursing about those cobra pushups and also eating carpet every time I did them. Followed it all up with a Mr. and Mrs. Muscle upper body stretch.

I have a busy day, too. It's a friend's birthday Friday, but we're getting together (we are in a very small bubble together) tomorrow for a hike and I'm making a healthy lunch. So I need to get groceries and start prepping all that. And kittybug, I certainly have taxes on my mind! I need to get to them too!! I absolutely hate anything to do with taxes -- completely stresses me out. Silly, but it does. I still remember the Mary Tyler Moore episode where she was being audited. I think it scarred me for life!!

Have a great day, all -- stay warm!
Old 02-16-21, 06:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans,

Another drive-by post but I wanted to share this YouTube yoga instructor I stumbled on today. Maybe some of you already know but I didn't. I realllllllly enjoyed the 70-minute practice I did from him, which he posted about a month ago! Anywho, his name is Christian Allaire and his channel is here for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/user/clallaire

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in