Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-16, 04:25 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Are there any pregant/with babies VFers right now?

I am still in the early stages, but I am far enough along that we could see and hear a heartbeat on my early ultrasound today :-) I am hopeful, excited, nervous---I just want everything to keep going well! And I know pregnancy is not the time to set any records, but I am really convinced that staying healthy and devoting some effort now will pay off later---I want to make the pregnancy and birth easier. I want the healthiest baby I can get. I want the weight gain to be from the baby, not from my bad habits. I know I slacked off a little lately and am not starting from the best shape ever, but I need to do what has to be done so I am knuckling down :-)

I just bought Tracey Mallet's 'Super Fit Mama' book and it looks excellent. It emphasizes functional moves and has flexibility training too. I am going to see what YouTube has to offer.

I browsed the check-ins though and it seems like the 'pregnancy and post-partum' group is mostly people with older kids. I am not sure I belong there :-) So I was just wondering if there is anyone actually here right now who is pregnant or had a baby and wants to be my workout buddy? I know I could probably join a regular check-in since most of my workouts are pretty mild. But I just thought I'd see if anyone out there was in my same situation.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 05:34 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Congratulations! I'm in the "prenatal/postpartum forever" check-in. And yes, our babies are older now, but you're absolutely welcome to join. We now have the wisdom of over a dozen combined pregnancies plus our now-older children to offer!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 05:47 PM  
pricek

My baby is 21, but just wanted to say congratulations!!!! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 06:59 PM  
donnamp

Congrats, Joanna! My baby will be 13 this summer!

I think you have the right ideas in mind - I generally stuck w/ my regular workouts but modified them to lower impact/intensity. For pregnancy workouts I remember I had one by Lesia Hart....and I think a Yoga one - maybe Crunch?

I'm so happy to hear your good news!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 08:52 PM  
LizEMA

No babies, Joanna, but I hope you don't mind me popping in to offer my congratulations. I'm just excited for you (babies!! ) and wanted to send you my well wishes and good thoughts. I hope for nothing but health and happiness for both you AND baby.
Old 03-18-16, 08:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

So happy for you Joanna!
My baby will be 30 in the summer. I am on to grand babies now!
Like Donna, I didn't try anything new, stuck with what my body was used to and went low impact. There are so many pregnancy workouts out there now. I am sure you will get some good recommendations.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-16, 07:09 AM  
Donna D

Congratulations Joanna! I also wanted to thank you for the many rotations you have posted over the years.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-16, 10:49 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Congratulations Joanna and may you have the healthiest of babies!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-16, 11:39 AM  
antbuko

Congratulations, Joanna!
Old 03-19-16, 01:00 PM  
Lorelai

Congratulations Joanna! I have a 13 month old and I've been trying to actively exercise since the end of December. We recently had out of town company, then DH has been out of town, so I've slacked off the past two weeks. Fully intend to get back to it though! I've been checking in at the Beginners. Perennial Beginners & Restarters Check in, and it might be a good one for you. It's for those of us who like or for whatever reason are keeping workouts low impact, low key etc. I'd think that those sorts of workouts would be good for pregnancy, at least until you get close to the third trimester (I think twists and ab work on the floor are contraindicated after a certain point... I had a very low energy pregnancy and regular exercise didn't happen for me, so I don't know). Anyway, the check in has gotten pretty quiet the past few weeks, but we can certainly revive it. Like I said, I fully intend to get back to my exercise. I've been working out mostly with Ellen Barrett, adding in some Jessica Smith, Jennifer Galardi and Tracey Mallett once in awhile. We also have those who like Body Beast, Leslie, Pilates by Lisa, and Classical Stretch/ Essentrics (among others). Jessica has a few really good prenatal workouts on her channel, and if you're interested in Pilates, Robin's The Balanced Life has some great tutorials and a full prenatal series as well.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote